Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

That has been a very poor first half. Quality has been awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    Astradave is lurking he has turned Into yourmandan ;);)

out.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah great point man, you maths good! I'm sure playing poorly against far inferior opposition for most of the first half and having enough quality (a couple of hundred million more to be exact) to scrape a goal is a good sign and nothing to worry about for the rest of the season, especially against the top 6 teams.

I agree with you we haven't been playing well I was just pointing out what you missed.

I'm not surprised we have created **** all our midfield looks weak again...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Danny fu*king Dichio :D

Cant beat the Canadians :D

Keith Andrews is commentating on my Canadian source and not doing a bad job. Here in Montreal.

What a-boot Luke Shaw so far? He's doing well.

Keith Andrews is commentating on my Canadian source and not doing a bad job. Here in Montreal.

What a-boot Luke Shaw so far? He's doing well.

He is back in the team because he took a bullet (bottle of milk/water) for Jose last Sunday :D

Doing well though so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I agree with you we haven't been playing well I was just pointing out what you missed.

I don’t think we have been that bad tbh, it’s like every match that is played in the lashing rain, passes go astray or are over hit and dribbles get messed up..

The back 4 have been decent, McTominay is moving the ball well, Martial has messed up a few dribbles and the crosses have been over hit a bit.. we are getting the ball up the wings just the end product is lacking a bit or small mistakes here and there

astradave wrote: »
    I don’t think we have been that bad tbh, it’s like every match that is played in the lashing rain, passes go astray or are over hit and dribbles get messed up..

The back 4 have been decent, McTominay is moving the ball well, Martial has messed up a few dribbles and the crosses have been over hit a bit.. we are getting the ball up the wings just the end product is lacking a bit or small mistakes here and there

They have been far more creative then us and have done better in midfield.

True but that doesn’t mean we have been terrible

Is the team defending too deep again,Bournemouth are getting too much time on the ball

• Advertisement

Is the team defending too deep again,Bournemouth are getting too much time on the ball

Just too much space between the lines in my opinion defence needs to push up and midfield needs to link with attack better.

Ah lads,WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Need another Martial needs to be better

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

That was bad Martial

Just too much space between the lines in my opinion defence needs to push up and midfield needs to link with attack better.

Ya spot on,there is plenty of pace in that back four to play a higher line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stinking feeling of late heartbreak here.

Ref playing advantage too much

We'll need another one here.

• Advertisement

Jesse needs to stop getting drawn up to the CB’s as they have been playing the ball forward and we win it back but we should be playing it to Jesse to link to the attackers and wide men but he is up higher than Lukaku at times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

What I missed? I started my post with "besides the goal", what exactly did I miss? I could say and besides DDG 4 saves it would be 1-4.

Well at least we agree on how poor we have been, as for someone putting in down to the rain? thats nonsense. Bournemouth have looked very lively and much sharper going forward. We have been very sloppy and giving the ball away lots. Martial has been a bright spark but lacked a final ball, only for Mata's quality we'd be still level, and tbh the keeper was poor on the goal, should have had it.

My point was this isn't a good indication for the rest of the season. Better quality teams will punish us and don't expect a good UCL run unless Jose sorts it out.

City are at 78% possession and 3 nil up away to Swansea with 18 shots and 8 on target, we beat them 4 nil but we had a lucky spell and blitzed 3 goals in a very short space of time. There is winning and there is dominating. The gulf between our level play is worrying and City could break all sorts of records this season if they keep it up. It will be very humbling.

A lot of weakness in this team that I think will start to tell as the season goes on.

Jesus that's cat on Shaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's an awful tackle. You could see Shaw was anticipating it a bit

That’s borderline red card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I feel sorry for my Canadian neighbours having to listen to Keith Andrews.Some things shouldn't be exported.

• Advertisement

Ahh Jesse

Are you Gerard in disguise

Jesse needs to stop getting drawn up to the CB’s as they have been playing the ball forward and we win it back but we should be playing it to Jesse to link to the attackers and wide men but he is up higher than Lukaku at times

Even see with Matic,at the start of the season he was winning the ball back high up the pitch but in the last month or so any ball he does win back is much closer to his own goals

What I missed? I started my post with "besides the goal", what exactly did I miss? I could say and besides DDG 4 saves it would be 1-4.

Well at least we agree on how poor we have been, as for someone putting in down to the rain? thats nonsense. Bournemouth have looked very lively and much sharper going forward. We have been very sloppy and giving the ball away lots. Martial has been a bright spark but lacked a final ball, only for Mata's quality we'd be still level, and tbh the keeper was poor on the goal, should have had it.

My point was this isn't a good indication for the rest of the season. Better quality teams will punish us and don't expect a good UCL run unless Jose sorts it out.

City are at 78% possession and 3 nil up away to Swansea with 18 shots and 8 on target, we beat them 4 nil but we had a lucky spell and blitzed 3 goals in a very short space of time. There is winning and there is dominating. The gulf between our level play is worrying and City could break all sorts of records this season if they keep it up. It will be very humbling.

A lot of weakness in this team that I think will start to tell as the season goes on.

If you feel humbled by a team that breaks records then you are easily humbled tbh.

City are a notch above us, no doubt, but their three most important players, Silva, Kun and KDB have 2 or 3 seasons playing together week in, week out.

Our most important attacking players do not.

Massive difference in their team and ours in terms of key personnel and their roles in the team.

Even see with Matic,at the start of the season he was winning the ball back high up the pitch but in the last month or so any ball he does win back is much closer to his own goals

I really don’t think he is fit enough to be pushed up and Jose has him sitting back instead, letting McTominay be the legs

• Advertisement

McTominay MOTM so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What an effort

I really don’t think he is fit enough to be pushed up and Jose has him sitting back instead, letting McTominay be the legs

Thats where Carrick is a loss,I think Jose probably had plans to rotate himself and Matic

Someone doing something thats never been done before shouldn't be humbling, If city break all sorts of records this season what could United really have done about it bar in the games they played them

Holy ****

Good work from Jones

Serious fear of Defoe here lads.

Come on the fu*k lads,put this game to bed

#welldoneshaw

If you feel humbled by a team that breaks records then you are easily humbled tbh.

City are a notch above us, no doubt, but their three most important players, Silva, Kun and KDB have 2 or 3 seasons playing together week in, week out.

Our most important attacking players do not.

Massive difference in their team and ours in terms of key personnel and their roles in the team.

The massive difference is the coaching. Martial, Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Fellaini and co have had 2-3 seasons together also.

Their roles in the team? also decided by the coach, Jose doesn't have us playing well atm and its strikingly obvious.

• Advertisement

attack ATTACK ATTACK

I think we look better going forward since we switched to midfield 3 again but we also look wide open at the back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

This has been extremely poor.

The massive difference is the coaching. Martial, Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Fellaini and co have had 2-3 seasons together also.

Their roles in the team? also decided by the coach, Jose doesn't have us playing well atm and its strikingly obvious.

The difference with City I think is that the creative players they have seem to play a lot closer together then our lads do,like Silva and KDB are never too far away from each other when either one has the ball

Dangerous football

Good play there,Mata and Rashford linking up well

FFS ref

Bournemouth have had us pinned back for the end of this game. They'll be very unlucky not to get something out of this. Very poor from our perspective.

Mata could have given it earlier. Lukaku's movement could have been better when he didn't. This has been meh very meh

• Advertisement

We love you DeGea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement