Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

bangkok wrote: »
    cantona ahead of Ronaldo?? go home astradave ur drunk :D

Cantona had sublime first touch, was two footed, great header, brilliant passer, and for a big fella, was quick enough. Could hold the ball up and bring players into the game and was selfless on the pitch.
    Was also loved and respected by all his teammates and never ever went missing during a game, or bawled like a baby when he missed a penalty( which iirc happened only once)
    His name is still chanted in the stadium, 20 years after retirement and always will be.

God, I miss that man.
    F**king legend.

Anyway, 5 a side

Schmeichel
    Keane
    Charlton
    Scoles
    Cantona

Subs: Robson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

J. Marston wrote: »
    Michael Oliver with another shítshow today. How that clown gets the big games all the time blows my mind.

How the hell is this a straight red?

https://imgtc.com/w/lzD2fj1

Seems like the penalty he awarded was a poor decision too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Cantona had sublime first touch, was two footed, great header, brilliant passer, and for a big fella, was quick enough. Could hold the ball up and bring players into the game and was selfless on the pitch.
    Was also loved and respected by all his teammates and never ever went missing during a game, or bawled like a baby when he missed a penalty( which iirc happened only once)
    His name is still chanted in the stadium, 20 years after retirement and always will be.

God, I miss that man.
    F**king legend.

ronaldo was still miles better than him, his name is also still sung in old trafford and slagging a player for crying when missing a penalty is actually sad

ronaldo was still miles better than him, his name is also still sung in old trafford and slagging a player for crying when missing a penalty is actually sad

No, crying when missing is sad.
    I'd say he was upset for himself rather than the team.
    He is the definition of Snowflake.
    Me. Me. Me.
    Great player, but a pathetic human being.

Me. Me. Me.

ah will you stop.

An absolute legend at old trafford. One of the greatest players to ever play the game.

done tonnes of charity work off the field and is the ultimate professional

if thats what a pathetic human being is, theres no hope for anyone

• Advertisement

ah will you stop.

An absolute legend at old trafford. One of the greatest players to ever play the game.

And as I write this, I'm watching him get tackled during World Club final. Rolling around like he got shot and thirty seconds later, he's showing the ref his bruise, not a bother on him.
    All that talent. He doesn't need the antics.He actually disgusts me.

Wouldn't swap him for Cantona in a million years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Me. Me. Me.

Just when you think you've read all the worst takes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Looking at that City team, they don't even have an outrageous 11 or anything.

De Gea over Ederson
    Young/Shaw over Delph
    Jones over Mangala
    Bailly over Otamendi
    Valencia equal to Walker

Matic over Fernandino
    Pogba over Gundongan
    De Bruyne over Herrera

Sterling marginally over Rashford
    Martial just behind Sane
    Aguero much better than Lukaku

QikBax wrote: »
    Just when you think you've read all the worst takes.

He's not a team player. Doesn't give a damn for anyone on the pitch bar himself. Maybe it's what makes him a great player, but he's a shoddy human being.
    Watching him when Bale scored for Madrid the other night. Was nearly going to try and claim the goal and looked like he was sucking lemons when all the other player went to congratulate Bale.
    Not arguing against his talent, ability or success. The man has achieved an awful lot.
    But,Christ Almighty, don't make him out to be something he's not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

ah will you stop.

Legend at United? Hardly.. he is one of the greatest to ever play the game but his best was away from Old Trafford..

If you said Legend of the Bernabeu I’d agree alright

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Legend at United? Hardly.. he is one of the greatest to ever play the game but his best was away from Old Trafford..

Disagree. He is in the top 3 players to play for United and may go down as the best player of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

He's not a team player. Doesn't give a damn for anyone on the pitch bar himself. Maybe it's what makes him a great player, but he's a shoddy human being.
    Watching him when Bale scored for Madrid the other night. Was nearly going to try and claim the goal and looked like he was sucking lemons when all the other player went to congratulate Bale.
    Not arguing against his talent, ability or success. The man has achieved an awful lot.
    But,Christ Almighty, don't make him out to be something he's not

You're the one making him out to be a shoddy HUMAN BEING based on being selfish on the pitch.

Let's just ignore the stuff he does off the pitch. Let's forget his charity work or being a good dad. Let's forget all the people who have met him and said he's been so nice.

SHODDY HUMAN BEING.

imagine if he had many times just assaulted people on the pitch, or once in the stands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Disagree. He is in the top 3 players to play for United and may go down as the best player of all time.

Since 2000's maybe...otherwise not a hope in hell

pjohnson wrote: »
    Since 2000's maybe...

Nope all time.

Nope all time.

Best
    Schmeichel
    Cantona
    Charlton
    Law
    Keane

off the top of my head better. Sure others can think off more.

He is a united legend, a madrid legend and a portugese legend

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He is a united legend, a madrid legend and a portugese legend

Well astradave's opinion would beg to differ to yours my friend.

Best
    Schmeichel
    Cantona
    Charlton
    Law
    Keane

off the top of my head better. Sure others can think off more.

Yes schmeichel was a better goalkeeper than ronaldo was. 100% agree

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well Astradave's opinion would beg to differ to yours my friend.

http://www.manutd.com/en/History/Legends/Cristiano-Ronaldo.aspx

Yes schmeichel was a better goalkeeper than ronaldo was. 100% agree

Oh so when someone says top 3 players of all time to play for Mancheter United it refers to just outfield players then? Does the goalkeeper not count as a player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Whoopy for you, you linked to Ronaldo's page on the United website :rolleyes:

Of course the club would class him as a Legend, just because astradave doesn't think he's one, doesn't mean you've to go stark raving mad at him :P

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has ONE.

O'shea
    Irwin
    Evra
    Henize
    Silvestre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Great to have the old Bangkok back... all them new amateurs should watch and learn if your gonna stirr it up do it properly :):)

That list has Gregg and Stepney, two goalkeepers surely this cant be right?

O'shea
    Irwin
    Evra
    Henize
    Silvestre

Forgot about O'Shea. O'Shea Ronaldo Messi

jayo26 wrote: »
    Great to have the old Bangkok back... all them new amateurs should watch and learn if your gonna stirr it up do it properly :):)

I wonder his views on Fellaini.

Forgot about O'Shea. O'Shea Ronaldo Messi

Ah here JOS possibly played every position at the club at one stage or another :D Biggest legend to ever play for the club above Cantona, Ronaldo and Bebe even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

pjohnson wrote:
    That list has Gregg and Stepney, two goalkeepers surely this cant be right?

Gary Bailey too
    And Edward van der Saar

Ah here JOS possibly played every position at the club at one stage or another :D Biggest legend to ever play for the club above Cantona, Ronaldo and Bebe even

ScratchyImprobableCattle-small.gif

• Advertisement

ScratchyImprobableCattle-small.gif

was that his Champions league Debut? twas his breakout season for the club anyways I remember thinking he was going to be unreal after watching that game

I hate stupid arguments who is better player. Total different circumstances and different eras. Eric cantona probably single handily turned around the fortunes of United he brought the swagger into the team. Ronaldo did just as much the season we won the champions league he added that extra level to the team that no other player could do.

For me they both go into the top bracket of players to ever play for United. There is no better or worse I love them both.

As for Mr perfect judging what Ronaldo is personally

jacknicholson-upyours.gif

I wonder his views on Fellaini.

At least he actually gave him credit for improving to be fair.

Well I reckon a one former striker will be getting sacked in the Morning :D

Well I reckon a one former striker will be getting sacked in the Morning :D

Hughes? Haven't watched much stories today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

At least Spurs will drop points this weekend.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hughes? Haven't watched much stories today.

They were awful, don’t think they had a shot on target at all.. West Ham could have had Hart in goal and they still would have won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Ronaldo is obviously a United legend. How is that even up for debate.

They were awful, don’t think they had a shot on target at all.. West Ham could have had Hart in goal and they still would have won :D

Pulis do a good job there :)

That'll be hughes done in the premiership you would think

That'll be hughes done in the premiership you would think

Hopefully!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

brinty wrote: »
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Scarlett Johansson
    Anna Kendrick
    Rachel Riley
    Hayley McQueen

Cmon folks this was agreed long ago...

Id still swap out Kendrick for Scholes.

You're the one making him out to be a shoddy HUMAN BEING based on being selfish on the pitch.

Let's just ignore the stuff he does off the pitch. Let's forget his charity work or being a good dad. Let's forget all the people who have met him and said he's been so nice.

SHODDY HUMAN BEING.

imagine if he had many times just assaulted people on the pitch, or once in the stands

I'll be honest. Personally, I'm not all that impressed when incredibly rich people give to charity. And Ronaldo's is always in the public eye, so I'm not sure how much of it charity and how much PR. Is he a good dad? Maybe, I don't know him personally, so I couldn't say. And what if he is.. that's the least one can expect when you bring children into the world.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I've made my point. Some agree. Others disagree. I'm not one for rehashing the same argument over and over for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'll be honest. Personally, I'm not all that impressed when incredibly rich people give to charity. And Ronaldo's is always in the public eye, so I'm not sure how much of it charity and how much PR. Is he a good dad? Maybe, I don't know him personally, so I couldn't say. And what if he is.. that's the least one can expect when you bring children into the world.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I've made my point. Some agree. Others disagree. I'm not one for rehashing the same argument over and over for the sake of it.

LOL, what a bunch of rubbish.

You call him a shoddy human being, not an annoying or selfish player, an actual bad human being - and then bleat about how you don't know enough about him personally to talk to that side of him.

Absolutely f**King laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Your spouting nonsense to be honest, your opinion of the guy which is fair enough, to say charity work is for PR is rubbish when Ronaldo and Messi are the most prolific footballers around.

And i wouldnt be impressed if rich people didnt give to charity which i say outweighs more

nobody agrees with that absolute crap you just posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kane and Alli have committed almost identical tackles to Pogba today and only got yellows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

J. Marston wrote: »
    Kane and Alli have committed almost identical tackles to Pogba today and only got yellows.

Alli's was far worse than pogba's IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Can they be banned still or as they were booked that's it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hococop wrote: »
    Can they be banned still or as they were booked that's it

Seen as it’s been dealt with the ref so no further action iirc.

Seen as it’s been dealt with the ref so no further action iirc.

Unless it’s classed as violent conduct then it can be reviewed I think

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement