Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

5 a side.

Schmeichel.

Keane.

Cantona.

Best.

Berbatov.

The last one may be a bit controversial however the close control he had coupled with his lack of interest in running too far make him the ideal 5 a sider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

City have been class against spurs.

Deli Ali should have seen red, disgraceful challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    City have been class against spurs.

Deli Ali should have seen red, disgraceful challenge

Same with Kane.. nasty, like when they start kicking Chelsea off the pitch.. they have a bad mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pochettino has such a bad away record against the top teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The City wankfest is beyond cringy now. Even Rio is at it. They are good but are they "the best team in Europe"???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The City wankfest is beyond cringy now. Even Rio is at it. They are good but are they "the best team in Europe"???

Short & sweet answer - NOPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Probably. Not too many ahead of them if they aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I can’t ****ing wait until they get their arse handed to em

5 a side needs scholes :P

• Advertisement

I can’t ****ing wait until they get their arse handed to em

Remember when Pep had Barca playing that style until they started to get found out, didn't take him long to head to pastures new.

5 a side needs scholes :P

Try do that in the astropark goals.. on Peter schmeichel :D

right now id say they would beat any team. They are a threat every time they get the ball. they are also favorites to win the champions league right now. You have to hand it to Pep, he has them playing unbelievable stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

There starting 11 today isn't even great, that's the big surprise! Sterling has his level, definitely Bruyne is excellent and Aguero best in the league but outside that it's average.

It's not like the attack of Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov or Messi, Neymar, Suarez.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    There starting 11 today isn't even great, that's the big surprise! Sterling has his level, definitely Bruyne is excellent and Aguero best in the league but outside that it's average.

It's not like the attack of Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov or Messi, Neymar, Suarez.

the TEAM as a unit is class.

Missing silva and mendy today, Sane, Gundogan, Walker, Fernandinho and sterling are all excellent.

Also if you think the starting 11 isnt great, what do you make of Utds??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

the TEAM as a unit is class.

Missing silva and mendy today, Sane, Gundogan, Walker, Fernandinho and sterling are all excellent.

Also if you think the starting 11 isnt great, what do you make of Utds??

See my previous post a page or two back comparing both 11s.

• Advertisement

its not a comparison though, its the style of play and team as a unit. Real Madrid had a team of galacticos in the 00's and won feck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Short & sweet answer - NOPE.

Who is better? No one in England. Not real Madrid (spurs more than held their own against them). I don't think Bayern or Juve are as good this season.

Barca? PSG? I'd rate City above both. I'd like to see neymar and mbappe against the city defence.

Who is better? No one in England. Not real Madrid (spurs more than held their own against them). I don't think Bayern or Juve are as good this season.

Barca? PSG? I'd rate City above both. I'd like to see neymar and mbappe against the city defence.

Id have an on-form Real above them, but at this moment in time, they are playing the best football in Europe, will be interesting to see if the form of both lasts into the new year and the knockout stages of the CL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

City could win Europe for sure. Reckon United are probably a player short, if United had a quality no 10 I think they would have a great chance.

Two of Barca, Chelsea, Real and PSG going out is great break for the rest.

DM_7 wrote: »
    City could win Europe for sure. Reckon United are probably a player short, if United had a quality no 10 I think they would have a great chance.

Two of Barca, Chelsea, Real and PSG going out is great break for the rest.

Push for Ozil in January as he wouldn’t be cup tied and we could be up there..

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Push for Ozil in January as he wouldn’t be cup tied and we could be up there..

No way Wenger hands Jose a gift like that for Xmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Football would be dead if we ended up with a City-PSG Champions League final.

thelad95 wrote: »

They'd want to play it in the Middle East.

Don't go down the sour grapes route folks.

Why? I think it would be a fantastic match in fairness with some of the best players in Europe on show.. that’s exactly what the CL final should be.. a showcase of the best in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

City making the PL look like the Bundesliga deserves credit, best English team in about 6 or 7 years, since us in the late 00s

Let’s hope they don’t dominate the next 3 or 4 years like we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's corpse has been shuffling around for a few years already I'm afraid.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Crazy how little is made of the Kane and alli(repeat offender) tackles yet pogba was crucified for similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hococop wrote: »
    Crazy how little is made of the Kane and alli(repeat offender) tackles yet pogba was crucified for similar

Ali’s tackle was far worse than Pogbas imo.

I’d dish the cards out the other way around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mirror saying Jose is looking to "correct Van Gaals mistake" and might make a bid to bring back Johnny Evans.

• Advertisement

English.......

French.......

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mirror saying Jose is looking to "correct Van Gaals mistake" and might make a bid to bring back Johnny Evans.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Allis tackle was as bad and as dangerous a tackle as you are ever likely to see, you could argue the toss with Pogbas in terms of intent (personally i don't think it was intentional but it was reckless so he had to go) but Alli's was out and out thuggish and he attempted to really hurt his opponent.

No surprise though, he showed on a number of occasions last season he has that streak in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Alli is showing form with that type of tackle, far too many for my liking.

Lovely player when in form but no need for that carry on on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Lads Cantona is ref....

Alis tackle was particularly bad I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Good day really today, City are looking unstoppable so I have stopped worrying about them, nice to see the much heralded Poch continue his fine form v the top 6 six though, Rafa headed toward the basement of the league and Hughes edged closer to the sack while Moyes continued a resurgence. Arsenal and Chelsea winning are the only black marks really but they would have been shocks to drop points at home.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Alis tackle was particularly bad I thought

Nothing new with him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

So Kane and Alli weren't getting called 'scumbag' all over the length and breadth of the Soccer forum?

Colour me shocked :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

astradave wrote: »
    Why? I think it would be a fantastic match in fairness with some of the best players in Europe on show.. that’s exactly what the CL final should be.. a showcase of the best in Europe

Do PSG play a high pressing game like City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Hard to argue against City not being the best team in Europe this season to be fair. Won all but one in the league and won 5 out of 6 in the champions league. Who's better ?

• So Kane and Alli weren't getting called 'scumbag' all over the length and breadth of the Soccer forum?

I use it as a gauge to indicate who the bitters are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

its not a comparison though, its the style of play and team as a unit. Real Madrid had a team of galacticos in the 00's and won feck all

A bit like City.. who have yet to win a trophy under their current manager..

ziggyman17 wrote: »

They have the premier league wrapped up and its not even christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Looking at that City team, they don't even have an outrageous 11 or anything.

De Gea over Ederson
    Young/Shaw over Delph
    Jones over Mangala
    Bailly over Otamendi
    Valencia equal to Walker

Matic over Fernandino
    Pogba over Gundongan
    De Bruyne over Herrera

Sterling marginally over Rashford
    Martial just behind Sane
    Aguero much better than Lukaku
    Good point. I would even have Martial in a front 3 ahead of sterling.
    I dont think this is an amazing city team. We have the players to match them. They just playing far better as a team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Robson99 wrote: »
    Good point. I would even have Martial in a front 3 ahead of sterling.
    I dont think this is an amazing city team. We have the players to match them. They just playing far better as a team

I think the comparison of Pogba to gundogan and Herrera to KDB is wrong. If Herrera is part of the comp then it would be the other way around and it would be vundogan over Herrera. KDB vs Pogba would be the debate and I reckon neutrals would go for KDB.

In terms of attacking potency, I feel the major difference is Jose vs pep rather than player vs player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

GSPfan wrote: »
    Id still swap out Kendrick for Scholes.

Scholes with the other four probably still win most 5 a sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

ziggyman17 wrote: »

They have the premier league wrapped up and its not even christmas

Have a huge lead.. but a lot can happen in the next 5 months.. Newcastle were miles ahead in 95/96 and were reeled in. We were miles ahead in 97/98 and lost out to Arsenal.. A couple of injuries and a loss of form could change things..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So Kane and Alli weren't getting called 'scumbag' all over the length and breadth of the Soccer forum?

The mods had an absolute shocker that day but it's pretty common for people to be able to do that name calling when it comes to United players. I once said something vaguely and not directly about a ref in the United thread and got a yellow from a mod I'd never even heard of before. The inconsistencies are worse than premier league refereeing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement