Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

And then the ref misses an obvious push haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ah here lol. This is a joke from the ref now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Shaw still our third choice right back for now.

adox wrote: »
    Meh that’s not how I saw it. The ref hasn’t favoured either team today ass you are saying.

Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Drumpot wrote: »
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2683918-epl-table-2016-week-18-standings-after-tuesdays-premier-league-scores.amp.html

This time last season united would be 5 points off the top with better goal difference. United had 8 less points at that stage.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2683918-epl-table-2016-week-18-standings-after-tuesdays-premier-league-scores.amp.html

2015 united would be three points clear with vastly superior goal difference. United had 12 less points at that stage.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2311065-epl-table-latest-week-18-results-scores-and-2014-premier-league-standings.amp.html

2014 United would be 4 points off lead and better goal difference. United had 6 less points then they have know.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1897198-premier-league-table-2013-14-week-18-updated-standings-following-matchday-17.amp.html

2014 united would be 6 points clear and vastly superior goal difference.

I would hazard a reasonable guess that any of the last 4 champions would struggle to get anything from this City team. If we looked at the performance I’d english teams in Europe during the 4 years , it suggests that the quality of teams in England this season is as high as it’s been in sometime.!This data also suggests that there is a clear upward trend under Jose.

I completely agree that United's performance this season is being seen badly in comparison to City and not vs what is 'reasonable'.

I do think the performance of the team vs Liverpool and vs City is also a massive factor - had we performed better (without changing the result), I think the conversation would be different. The poorness of the performances in those games have drawn huge criticism and become a part of the overall narative of us being 11 points off the top.

if he is out for a while (hammy) I wonder if that could change January plans. I think we may have gone for a left back if possible, and I think Jose may have looked at a right back in the summer - being happy enough with Valencia up til then.

If Valencia is out for a while (and he may not be) it could swap the full back priorities.

Ironically enough this may give Shaw another chance in the first team when he may have been out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Jayop wrote: »
    He got an arm in the face. He clearly did. Maybe he exaggerated how sore it was but it happened.

I don't know how to reply to this.

Crazy.

What’s crazy? You seem obsessed with refs being against Utd nearly every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ironically enough this may give Shaw another chance in the first team when he may have been out the door.

i would like to have thought that, but the fact Rojo has come on to play left back instead of him would indicate that is not going to be the case. though maybe the change is down to Jose wanting Rojo for defence of the high ball, protecting the 2 goal lead, rather than a more attacking option at left back in Shaw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Ref has made some poor calls for both sides.

What’s crazy? You seem obsessed with refs being against is nearly every game.

Crazy that you think the ref has been balanced in this game. They've got a good few very soft fouls and a few cards not given. We've been denied several clear fouls.

Does it have to be a red or penalty decision before you can complain?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Ref has made some poor calls for both sides.

Name one time he's gave a bad decision against them?

Name one time he's gave a bad decision against them?
    McLean got fouled twice at the same time and didn't get a free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

If Valencia is out for a while (and he may not be) it could swap the full back priorities.

Veratti and Rose will do. We'll just have to struggle along at right back. Five week break will do old man Valencie plenty of good.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    McLean got fouled twice at the same time and didn't get a free.

When? The young thing?

i would like to have thought that, but the fact Rojo has come on to play left back instead of him would indicate that is not going to be the case. though maybe the change is down to Jose wanting Rojo for defence of the high ball, protecting the 2 goal lead, rather than a more attacking option at left back in Shaw.

I think Rojo may be a defensive choice and a temporary one. If Valencia is out for a while I don’t think Jose will want to risk playing Rojo there all the time with Bailly out long term and have three CBsplaying the game so may opt for Shaw instead.

All ifs and buts but the sort of minor incident that can change the paths of careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck sake. Panic stations for the last 15 now when this should've been comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Thought it should have been a free out. Evans had Matic in a head lock.

• Advertisement

Crazy that you think the ref has been balanced in this game. They've got a good few very soft fouls and a few cards not given. We've been denied several clear fouls.

Does it have to be a red or penalty decision before you can complain?

You’re a serial complainer about refs against us lately.

Anyway, goal conceded. Utd gone back to sleep.

When? The young thing?
    He got clipped by Herrera and obstructed by Valencia I believe. Anyway, it's not a big deal. I just don't feel like there's any agenda behind the decisions here.

God this ref is bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Shame we had to make this bit more awkward then needed to be.

Shame we had to make this bit more awkward then needed to be.

It’s a question that still hangs over the squad. Happens quite a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Has jose moved off the bench once all game? Looks like a bee stung him in the mouth

bangkok wrote: »
    Has jose moved off the bench once all game? Looks like a bee stung him in the mouth

He's like a spoiled child cause pep made him look crap and media won't leave him alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We'll concede again from a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Why do we so often have periods in games where the opposition applies a bit of pressure and we seem to completely lose composure as well as the ability to make good decisions and keep possession and resort to hacked away clearances and scrambled defending?

What thr **** is Rojo at since he's come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wow, very unusual to see De Gea get worked up about something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

McTominay help repel Brunts deliveries now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Deplorable stuff, when you consider we're in second whilst playing like this the premier league is in a bad place.

Glazers Out!

That was deliberate from barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Wow, very unusual to see De Gea get worked up about something.

Barry left his foot on De Gea's achilles

Higazi full swipe at DeGea after he had the ball. Surprised David wasn't booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Dirty from Barry.

Times like that you hate a greed striker pass it across

Should have played Mata on.

• Advertisement

Haha. Ridiculous now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have watched teams waste time against us season after season and rarely ever see a yellow. I've seen us do it twice this year and each time we've seen cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

bangkok wrote: »
    Has jose moved off the bench once all game?h

This is all part of the plan

I have watched teams waste time against us season after season and rarely ever see a yellow. I've seen us do it twice this year and each time we've seen cards.

It was literally a fee seconds once. Complete joke. But I'm the prick for pointing it out.

Edit and he played a full extra minute.

nullzero wrote: »
    Deplorable stuff, when you consider we're in second whilst playing like this the premier league is in a bad place.

Deplorable a slight over reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Very poor second half. Hopefully Valencia isnt too bad

• Advertisement

At worst 8 points between us and 5th is a nice little gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It’s a question that still hangs over the squad. Happens quite a lot.

Meh that's the United way we never made things easy always won the hard way for many years not many united teams steamrolled to wins consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Hococop wrote: »
    Times like that you hate a greed striker pass it across

Should have had a better first touch and hit the target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nervier than it needed to be but 3 points.

The gulf in class between us and City is massive.

Cup game mid week, hopefully see some of the subs/second string get a run.

We go again.

On another day that could have ended as a draw. We missed our fair share of chances too.

Shame we are struggling at defending set pieces at the moment.

Will be happy to have Pogba back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement