Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

adox wrote: »
    Deplorable a slight over reaction.

And that is the way of the United thread haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I know Mourinho's defenders on here will be saying it's about the 3 points, it's the busy Christmas fixture list, no Pogba, etc but really that was an embarrassing second half performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jayop wrote: »
    It was literally a fee seconds once. Complete joke. But I'm the prick for pointing it out.

Edit and he played a full extra minute.

No ones calling you a prick, just disagreeing with your opinion that the refs are “out to get us”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    Has jose moved off the bench once all game? Looks like a bee stung him in the mouth

Do other managers get moaned about as much as Jose with regards not smiling....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nervier than it needed to be but 3 points.

The gulf in class between us and City is massive.

Cup game mid week, hopefully see some of the subs/second string get a run.

We go again.

City had a few wins scrappy like that before they played us too. It happens and the important thing is getting g the win. They are better but can be caught with a good couple of windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Job done and that's the most important thing. Didn't play well, but WBA got a result against Pool last week and are trying to put a shift in for their new manager so I am happy that we got the three points.
    Some major problems in ball retention and defending set pieces.

FatherTed wrote: »
    I know Mourinho's defenders on here will be saying it's about the 3 points, it's the busy Christmas fixture list, no Pogba, etc but really that was an embarrassing second half performance.

Embarrassing is a slight over reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dont like that stat De Gea has now made the most saves in the league (69) this season (granted only one more than Fabianski (68) who plays tomorrow), the only other keeper with 60+ saves is Forster of Southampton (66).

We shouldnt really have to rely so heavily on him.

Ederson (28), Courtois (38), Cech (39) round out the top 4 teams keepers for reference.

Deplorable/embarrassing haha I'd hate to see response if we actually lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Do other managers get moaned about as much as Jose with regards not smiling....

In the united thread no

• Advertisement

Nope - we were barely hanging on in the last 10-15 mins. Against a side who've score 13 goals all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Memories of last season. Poor substitution invites rubbish team to dominate us for X minutes.

Bringing on Rojo at LB where he struggles and can’t work the line instead of Shaw just gifted West Brom the initiative.

Its actually pretty upsetting watching ourselves and City play each round of fixtures. Absolute light years ahead of us.

Three points, Lukaku scoring and Pogba back. Massively forgetful game that. Other then another game and another example of Lukaku working of pure scraps. Unbelievable to think Manchester United struggle so much in attack to provide service.

Not surprised Lukaku looks moody. I’d be apoplectic playing up front in this team.

I’d say anyone think Griezemann is coming to us had their head in the clouds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dont like that stat De Gea has now made the most saves in the league (69) this season (granted only one more than Fabianski (68) who plays tomorrow), the only other keeper with 60+ saves is Forster of Southampton (66).

We shouldnt really have to rely so heavily on him.

Ederson (28), Courtois (38), Cech (39) round out the top 4 teams keepers for reference.

To be fair though Im a Liverpool fan and Migs makes very few saves............... not exactly a good thing.

I hate the whole defensive stuff and cant stand Jose but he gets results and you cant argue against that.

Nope - we were barely hanging on in the last 10-15 mins. Against a side who've score 13 goals all season.

A side that has a new manager and got a result against Liverpool last week.

Yes we should of finished game off but they were always going to throw the kitchen sink at it they had nothing ro loose been 2 nil down

I was pretty embarrassed watching it.

There is a rake load of junk teams in the premier league this season and West Brom are on of them. A proper rubbish team and that second half happened.

Team struggling massively to put any momentum or form together. That start of season looks very much the edge of normality that has now resumed of turgid, sloppy meaningless grinding football

You said it was an embarrassing sec9nd half from us which is just a huge over reaction.

TheDoc wrote: »

There is a rake load of junk teams in the premier league this season and West Brom are on of them. A proper rubbish team and that second half happened.

Team struggling massively to put any momentum or form together. That start of season looks very much the edge of normality that has now resumed of turgid, sloppy meaningless grinding football

Well don’t watch it if you’re embarrassed.

The fùcking state of some of yis.

jayo26 wrote: »

Yes we should of finished game off but they were always going to throw the kitchen sink at it they had nothing ro loose been 2 nil down

We completely conceded territory and had absolutely no pattern, plan or thought about the last 25-30 minutes.

How do people look at this ****e and defend it or think it’s ok, at this level, to have a manager who doesn’t or can’t coach attacking patterns or play.

No wonder he falls out with most attacking players he hasn’t a breeze what to be doing.

Pumping balls to Lukaku on his own rather then passing and blitzing through a team that has no pace or legs

Get a cup of tea and relax. Last year and the year before we would have probably drawn that match. It was poor second half, but the result is all that matters.

• Advertisement

Well don’t watch it if you’re embarrassed.

The fùcking state of some of yis.

State of this team to be fair. It’s brutal viewing more often then not to see such basic errors and sloppy ness at the professional level.

Even yer might city only put 3 past that rubbish wba team lads and conceded 2.

Tbf West Brom have been relying on Chris Brunt swinging in those dangerous crosses to their 6ft+ giants for years to very good effect.

Yes we weren't great in the second half but lets not get overly carried away. West Brom are experts in that tactic and nearly always cause any oposition trouble when they resort to it.

We completely conceded territory and had absolutely no pattern, plan or thought about the last 25-30 minutes.

How do people look at this ****e and defend it or think it’s ok, at this level, to have a manager who doesn’t or can’t coach attacking patterns or play.

No wonder he falls out with most attacking players he hasn’t a breeze what to be doing.

Pumping balls to Lukaku on his own rather then passing and blitzing through a team that has no pace or legs
    It's down to the players to take control. What do you want Jose to do when he is sitting on the bench? He brought another body in midfield to help close it up and that helped. It isn't his fault when his team **** the bed.

Memories of last season. Poor substitution invites rubbish team to dominate us for X minutes.

Bringing on Rojo at LB where he struggles and can’t work the line instead of Shaw just gifted West Brom the initiative.

Its actually pretty upsetting watching ourselves and City play each round of fixtures. Absolute light years ahead of us.

Three points, Lukaku scoring and Pogba back. Massively forgetful game that. Other then another game and another example of Lukaku working of pure scraps. Unbelievable to think Manchester United struggle so much in attack to provide service.

Not surprised Lukaku looks moody. I’d be apoplectic playing up front in this team.

I’d say anyone think Griezemann is coming to us had their head in the clouds.

Didn’t hear you say anyth8ng about the sub when it happened. Hindsight is a great thing but it was easy to see why he chose Rojo ahead of Shaw at the time, plus Rojo coming on had little or nothing to do with Utd switch8ng off for the last 20 minutes.

As for the Griezement comment - yeah I’m sure he’s at home on the couch watching this game and thinking “right I’m not sign8ng for these, they are sh1te”

I mean seriously people. The ****ing hyperbole on here is getting out of control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Did we lose or something

• Advertisement

edgecutter wrote: »
    Get a cup of tea and relax. Last year and the year before we would have probably drawn that match. It was poor second half, but the result is all that matters.

Kidding yourselves by constantly ignoring the obvious in regards the sluggish attacks and complete inability of this manager and team to put together threatening form and meaningful performances.

You know it would be a fine if it was the minority, that sort of performance is actually the majority.

Result doesn’t matter, cause we should be humping a team like West Brom every day of the week

Didn’t hear you say anyth8ng about the sub when it happened. Hindsight is a great thing but it was easy to see why he chose Rojo ahead of Shaw at the time, plus Rojo coming on had little or nothing to do with Utd switch8ng off for the last 20 minutes.

As for the Griezement comment - yeah I’m sure he’s at home on the couch watching this game and thinking “right I’m not sign8ng for these, they are sh1te”

I mean seriously people. The ****ing hyperbole on here is getting out of control.

I’ve only come to the thread after the game. Tend not to frequently read or post while a game is on.

Hindsight would imply I wasn’t shaking my head calling it pathetic when it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

3 points is all that really matters today but Christ that 2nd half was abysmal.

Pogba coming back will help us no end imo. So many other players benefit when he's on the pitch. He's our best player by a mile and while he won't fix all of our problems when he's back, he will at the very very least add some much needed composure and threat from midfield which is non existent without him.

astradave wrote: »
    Did we lose or something

City won 4-1 this weekend we only won 2-1 so I think we lost 2-0?

edgecutter wrote: »

Kidding yourselves by constantly ignoring the obvious in regards the sluggish attacks and complete inability of this manager and team to put together threatening form and meaningful performances.

You know it would be a fine if it was the minority, that sort of performance is actually the majority.

Result doesn’t matter,  cause we should be humping a team like West Brom every day of the week
    We have won 6 out of our last 7 games. It was a thoroughly professional performance bar the last 15 mins today. You're overreacting as there has been improvements from last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

astradave wrote: »
    Did we lose or something

You would think so reading the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think every game is just a reminder of how far we are away from winning a major trophy.

Realistically we need to sign 3 ready made star performers to win something in the next 2 or 3 years, and we haven’t got a good record of signing these players.

The stat Gary Neville shared pre game about 7 of 11 being Fergie players is a good indication of how recruitment has gone wrong in the last 5 or 6 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

6 wins in our last seven games, I think they said on Sky.

And still, it's just negativity. Like, at some stage, if you're that angry at what's happening, it's on you to take a break....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    6 wins in our last seven games, I think they said on Sky.

And still, it's just negativity. Like, at some stage, if you're that angry at what's happening, it's on you to take a break....

I wonder what it would take for some to actually be positive.

• Yea, I'm taking a short break from this thread too
    Not worth the eye sore

You said it was an embarrassing sec9nd half from us which is just a huge over reaction.

I just have higher expectations than you guys. I don't accept mediocrity from our team. We never went on to push for a third which is Mourinho's way and by doing so that invited WBA to come at us. Fin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I wonder what it would take for some to actually be positive.

Win a game by playing well maybe??

I just have higher expectations than you guys.  I don't accept mediocrity from our team.  We never went on to push for a third which is Mourinho's way and by doing so that invited WBA to come at us.  Fin.
    And yet we have won so many games this season scoring 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We drew with West Bromwich the other night, ye won and the melt down is worse in here than in the Liverpool Thread the other day.

Yes you aren't playing amazing but you're second and have ground out a lot of results. De Gea has had to do a lot of work but he's an excellent keeper and that's his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have to believe that people saying they are embarrassed just don't know how to express what they are feeling, because if youre embarrassed watching a football match you need to have a word with yourself.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Win a game by playing well maybe??

But when we have done that people just starting talking about their beloved Man City.

That DeGea stat is pure stupid.

1) He's played every game I think and not all teams keepers have.
    2) The vast majority of them have been pot shots that my wife would have saved.
    3) Had he conceded 8 more goals we'd have the same goals against as Liverpool and he'd not have the most saves.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We drew with West Bromwich the other night, ye won and the melt down is worse in here than in the Liverpool Thread the other day.

Yes you aren't playing amazing but you're second and have ground out a lot of results. De Gea has had to do a lot of work but he's an excellent keeper and that's his job.

Some probably expecting 4-0 wins every game, which I would love, but realistically results will have to be ground out sometimes.

TL;DR Can't please everyone I guess.

More sense than most of the posters in here Emmet.

You're the second Pool fan to pop in and provide more positivity to this thread than some of the United fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

He actually hasn't had that much work. Barring the Arsenal game, he hasn't really had to have a worldly this year. That stat for saves made is misleading imo

But when we have done that people just starting talking about their beloved Man City.

friday-damn.gif

A very valid point made though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

3) Had he conceded 8 more goals we'd have the same goals against as Liverpool and he'd not have the most saves.

I think the thing with the De Gea stat is your giving up more chances? Who cares if he saves 95% of them.

Liverpool give up less goal scoring chances per game than United but concede more because our keeper doesn't make as many saves.

Well the ones I mentioned have played 18 games, hence I excluded Mignolet. It wasnt particularly aimed anywhich way but just seemed an oddity we expose him to so many shots in comparison to the rest of the top 4. He also has the most clean sheets so its not a real problem.

• Advertisement

Well the ones I mentioned have played 18 games, hence I excluded Mignolet. It wasnt particularly aimed anywhich way but just seemed an oddity we expose him to so many shots in comparison to the rest of the top 4.

Didn't the city keeper miss games after the flying kick in the head he got?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement