Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We drew with West Bromwich the other night, ye won and the melt down is worse in here than in the Liverpool Thread the other day.

Yes you aren't playing amazing but you're second and have ground out a lot of results. De Gea has had to do a lot of work but he's an excellent keeper and that's his job.

But we are miles better than liverpool....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jayop wrote: »
    Didn't the city keeper miss games after the flying kick in the head he got?

Nope. Only the remainder of that match. He was back for the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

FatherTed wrote: »
    I just have higher expectations than you guys. I don't accept mediocrity from our team. We never went on to push for a third which is Mourinho's way and by doing so that invited WBA to come at us. Fin.

Yep cause we haven't scored more then 2 goals this season...

You know what my expectations is of United? It's to follow the team I have loved from a child it's to support them after good and bad performances and its to remember all the joy they have brought me and still continue to bring me throughout my life to me and my family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I just have higher expectations than you guys. I don't accept mediocrity from our team. We never went on to push for a third which is Mourinho's way and by doing so that invited WBA to come at us. Fin.

Utter nonsense and just moving the goal posts. You’ve no idea what expectations we have and you really can’t have just because you thought the secrets nd half was embarrassing and I said it was a slight over reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

pjohnson wrote: »
    Nope. Only the remainder of that match. He was back for the next one.

Impressive. Must have been just before an international break so.

• Advertisement

A better stat for us....

https://twitter.com/StatmanDave/status/942423805292679168

And that's with 6 starts and 8 sub on apps.

Very impressive return from him and he's really stepped up this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You're the second Pool fan to pop in and provide more positivity to this thread than some of the United fans!

The Liverpool thread is horrible at times because we don't win a game, let alone lose. Lots of fans seem to be terrible lately.

If your team doesn't win your team is crap, your manager is crap, your club is crap. They don't seem to acknowledge that a team can have an off day, the opponent may have a great game, a few decisions go against you, the opponent keeper may have a worldie of a game.

We all like to see our teams win, and win well but at the end of the day it's a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Liverpool thread is horrible at times because we don't win a game, let alone lose. Lots of fans seem to be terrible lately.

If your team doesn't win your team is crap, your manager is crap, your club is crap. They don't seem to acknowledge that a team can have an off day, the opponent may have a great game, a few decisions go against you, the opponent keeper may have a worldie of a game.

We all like to see our teams win, and win well but at the end of the day it's a game.

This x1000, some people just tend to lose the run of themselves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As I said before.

Spoiled, and unjustifiably so.

It used to be the moaning only happened when we lost. Then when we drew.

Now, even when we are winning games, "embarrassing" and such words are used. That's not to say there isn't some criticisms, btw, before people start with the "oh we aren't allowed to boo hop" nonsense. But there ARE posters who do nothing but moan, but have lost the dignity to let people be happy when we win now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Calm down lads...this boy is back

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

A better stat for us....

https://twitter.com/StatmanDave/status/942423805292679168

And that's with 6 starts and 8 sub on apps.

Very impressive return from him and he's really stepped up this season.

Is that just to show who has 7? Lukaku, Salah and Delete Bryne all have more don't they?

bangkok wrote: »
    But we are miles better than liveepool....

Ah don't take shots at that one poster. Work away with the rest of them though. ;)

Is that just to show who has 7? Lukaku, Salah and Delete Bryne all have more don't they?

Loads more. Just thought it was interesting for a much maligned player.

Ah don't take shots at that one poster. Work away with the rest of them though. ;)

:pac:

TheDoc wrote: »
    We completely conceded territory and had absolutely no pattern, plan or thought about the last 25-30 minutes.

How do people look at this ****e and defend it or think it’s ok, at this level, to have a manager who doesn’t or can’t coach attacking patterns or play.

No wonder he falls out with most attacking players he hasn’t a breeze what to be doing.

Pumping balls to Lukaku on his own rather then passing and blitzing through a team that has no pace or legs

Utd are the second highest scorers in the league with the joint best defence, averaging more than two goals per premier league game. Only second best to apparently the bestest ever team to ever play football and most attacking ever.

I get that people are frustrated, aren’t we all, no one is saying we are the finished article or there aren’t problems to be addressed but the above post is just utter nonsense. If there’s anything to be embarrassed about, that post is.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As I said before.

Spoiled, and unjustifiably so.

It used to be the moaning only happened when we lost. Then when we drew.

Now, even when we are winning games, "embarrassing" and such words are used. That's not to say there isn't some criticisms, btw, before people start with the "oh we aren't allowed to boo hop" nonsense. But there ARE posters who do nothing but moan, but have lost the dignity to let people be happy when we win now too.

Yep. Again like during the week if City aren't way ahead of us then that game gets tucked away under the "sign of champions' folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I get the negativity as tbh i dont enjoy watching us play a lot of the time but we are in 2nd to a superior team so its not exactly aweful.

Jose is here to win and at the minute the results cant be faulted even if i think the football is equally as bad as lvg time at times but the difference is we are winning consistently

adox wrote: »
    Utd are the second highest scorers in the league with the joint best defence, averaging more than two goals per premier league game. Only second best to apparently the bestest ever team to ever play football and most attacking ever.

I get that people are frustrated, aren’t we all, no one is saying we are the finished article or there aren’t problems to be addressed but the above post is just utter nonsense. If there’s anything to be embarrassed about, that post is.

Joint best defense with City and Burnley. Burnley are just so impressive.

Nothing to do with the conversation at hand but had to mention it.

Nothing to do with the conversion at hand but had to mention it.

Wow didn’t realize. That is impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

ElChe32 wrote: »

You call that a dance? This is a dance

OpulentFamousFlatfish-small.gif

• Advertisement

I hope O'Neill is watching Byrne :P

Auto-Correct the ultimate b*tch to everyone no matter what the topic is, it WILL mess you up.

I hope O'Neill is watching Byrne :P

Auto-Correct the ultimate b*tch to everyone no matter what the topic is, it WILL mess you up.

Ha I didn't even notice that :pac: its staying like that now though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

astradave wrote: »
    You call that a dance? This is a dance

OpulentFamousFlatfish-small.gif

giphy.gif

Nothing to do with the conversion at hand but had to mention it.

Burnley are insane. With Keane and Heaton gone from last year I thought they'd be in danger. Not a hope however.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

José's post match comments.
    A DESERVED VICTORY
    “I think we deserved the win. We were the best team. I knew and the players knew that West Brom are very dangerous on set-pieces. We controlled the game for a long, long time, then manager Alan Pardew reacts. We had a few chances to kill the game but I knew they would react.”

HAPPY WITH THE PERFORMANCE
    “We played very well and not even the last minutes made me feel that we didn’t play well because that can happen. You play against a team that is very strong on set-pieces, a team that is playing at home, a team that was bad but a goal brought them to the game and brought the emotion of the game and the motivation of the fans too. So that reaction is normal but I’m happy with the global performance and the individual effort of the players.”

A MASSIVE THREE POINTS
    “I think the good quality of the team was to keep control of the game for the majority of the game. We knew they [West Brom] could score out of nothing. We knew the advantage of them in terms of height and strength in set-pieces, having a few [players] who are not small guys. We knew that could happen but a good thing was after that we were calm and we played. You could even see a kid like Scott [McTominay] coming into the game and being intelligent and making the right decisions to keep possession of the ball, so a massive three points for us.”

UNITED IN CONTROL
    “I think less ambition after the break. The intensity in the first half maybe we didn't have in the second half. West Brom are really powerful in the air. But after their goal we controlled the game again. We brought the ball into the opposition half.”

PLEASED WITH RED ROM
    “Again, even without the goal, the performance is positive and again every minute in the Premier League for a striker – he’s not a goalkeeper, he’s not a defensive player. For a striker to play every minute in the Premier League is fantastic.”

LUKAKU’S LACK OF CELEBRATION
    “I didn't celebrate too. Nobody was happier than me. Fifteen years ago I look at myself celebrating goals. With maturity you go into levels that you control your emotions better. Romelu was a happy kid at West Brom (on loan during the 2012/13 season) – maybe at the back of the mind it was his love for the club.”

ElChe32 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I raise you Lukaku and Pogba

pogba-x-stormz.gif?p=projectImageFullJpg

Nothing to do with the conversation at hand but had to mention it.

As if the closet city fans in here aren't bad enough now we have a closet Burnley fan :pac:

As if the closet city fans in here aren't bad enough now we have a closet Burnley fan :pac:

Burnley aren't bad. They are like the ex-United club really. Is there any other club that has as many ex-United players? Lindegaard, Heaton, Bardsley, Brady

Burnley aren't bad. They are like the ex-United club really. Is there any other club that has as many ex-United players? Lindegaard, Heaton, Bardsley, Brady

Nope Everton and stoke have 3 each none come close to Sunderland of a few year ago I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nope Everton and stoke have 3 each none come close to Sunderland of a few year ago I'd say.

Lads if there’s a god, Stoke will finally go down.

jayo26 wrote: »

Pretty sure Leicester had 4 when they won the league

Lads if there’s a god, Stoke will finally go down.

I was thinking the same about westham but i think moyse has got them to turn a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

City players singing after beating spurs yesterday...

"Park the bus park the bus Man United, park the bus park the bus I pray, park the bus park the bus Man United, playing football the Mourinho way."

Dicks

Pretty sure Leicester had 4 when they won the league

They actually had five. De laet, Drinkwater, Matty James, Tom Lawrence, Danny Simpson.

"Park the bus park the bus Man United, park the bus park the bus I pray, park the bus park the bus Man United, playing football the Mourinho way."

Dicks

Haha i dont see what the issue is the united players would do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No problem with them slagging us off, but their chant game needs work. I'd say they could get a better one from their fans, but let's not go crazy here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Be great if you could just delete him.

In a non-hit-on-his-life way...

*waves to NSA agents*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

No problem with them slagging us off, but their chant game needs work. I'd say they could get a better one from their fans, but let's not go crazy here.

To be fair, most fans' chants have serious deficits of imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Dicks

Ow.

My feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Dicks

It's a lazy metaphor because if you'd actually parked a real bus properly in front of a goal teams would never score against us which is simply not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

J. Marston wrote: »

We can try to make ourselves feel better with statistics from different eras like this but fact is we're second and that's not good enough.

Look if your gonna get beaten to the lesgue at least do it to a team that breaks records it would be worse if we let it slip.

It's a lazy metaphor because if you'd actually parked a real bus properly in front of a goal teams would never score against us which is simply not true.

We can try to make ourselves feel better with statistics from different eras like this but fact is we're second and that's not good enough.

Say your right Craic on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Is anyone saying it is?

No.

However context is king.

To not be second we would have to have won every single game in the league this season so if you are only happy with a team that only wins every single game they play then I'd suggest you stop watching sport because you are going to be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

This time last season, Chelsea had 46 as far as I can see?

United fans sang it sarcastically today when we scored the second goal

In fairness, it just shows how small time they are that the players are singing it and putting it into the public domain :D

Yes we should have won every single game 6-0

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    This time last season, Chelsea had 46 as far as I can see?

Yep, 15 wins 1 draw and 2 losses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Yep, 15 wins 1 draw and 2 losses

Seems a bit strange, Chelsea's record season is 43 vs a better record last season ha.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement