Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gstack166 wrote: »
    It’s a fact he missed Chelsea & its in my opinion (plus thousands others) Stoke game because of the injury he suffered. Happy now?

I understand what you are saying. It isn't complicated. Your point is very simple.

I just think it is wrong. completely wrong.

He was not 100% recovered, that may be the case - but he was named in the matchday squad therefor he is simply an unused sub. It would not be counted, per stats on any stats site, as a game missed through injury, because he was named in the match day squad.

If you are named in the match day squad you are ready to play, to some level. it is that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Actually speaking of Romero did anyone else watch NBCSN yesterday and spot him helping Rojo by preparing his jersey. That was some palarva. Rojo then running back to tape his flipping ankles. Surely you'd do all that taping up before kick-off to be ready?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

pjohnson wrote: »
    Actually speaking of Romero did anyone else watch NBCSN yesterday and spot him helping Rojo by preparing his jersey. That was some palarva. Rojo then running back to tape his flipping ankles. Surely you'd do all that taping up before kick-off to be ready?

I can never understand why players just aren't ready to come on. Amount of times you see them taking off jewellry or taping stuff up... perplexing.

Should be keeping themselves warmed up, and only need to take off the tracksuit top or training top. Anything else is just being unprofessional imo.

I can never understand why players just aren't ready to come on. Amount of times you see them taking off jewellry or taping stuff up... perplexing.

Should be keeping themselves warmed up, and only need to take off the tracksuit top or training top. Anything else is just being unprofessional imo.

Agreed. I can maybe understand not wearing the actual jersey when you'll be in the big coat or having to pull on a bib anyway but it took Rojo TWO passages of play before he finally came on with all the prep.

I tried to find a gif of Sergio helping him but instead found this.

tumblr_oie8ovihAn1rc955to1_500.gif

Poor Sergio

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Have to think Pogba and Baily would have started yesterday if possible.

But yeah, so much wasted money.

FWIW, I think the Mounrinho signings have, in general, been good signings. Mkhitaryan would be the only one I'd reckon is looking like a flop now.

Bailly has been generally very good. Lindelof is looking a player now. Matic has been a great signing. Pogba has been a great signing. I reckon Lukaku will be a great signing. Ibrahimovic on a free, last season, was a very good signing for us.

Have to think Pogba and Baily would have started yesterday if possible.

But yeah, so much wasted money.

FWIW, I think the Mounrinho signings have, in general, been good signings. Mkhitaryan would be the only one I'd reckon is looking like a flop now.

Bailly has been generally very good. Lindelof is looking a player now. Matic has been a great signing. Pogba has been a great signing. I reckon Lukaku will be a great signing. Ibrahimovic on a free, last season, was a very good signing for us.

Pogba would have made it 8 players from Fergies time no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Some info for you . The 99 United team were 6 points worse off then the current United team at this stage during the 99 season . Also I won't stand for you calling my post crap just because I'm a new poster with an opinion that differs from yours . The evidence would suggest I'm right . We are 1 game away from midway through the season and they have dropped 2 points . This is unpresidented . It's never ever happened before . They are probably going to score the most goals ever in a season and total the most points ever

combined United 99, 08

Schmeichel

G. Neville
    Ferdinand
    Stam
    Evra

Beckham
    Keane
    Scholes
    Giggs

Ronaldo
    Rooney

better than city in every position on the field and subs bench

Subs:
    van der Saar
    Vidic
    Irwin
    Tevez
    Carrick
    Yorke
    Cole

Pogba would have made it 8 players from Fergies time no?

heh, lol. Suppose so. But he also left before fergie left too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

bangkok wrote: »
    combined United 99, 08

Schmeichel

G. Neville
    Ferdinand
    Stam
    Evra

Beckham
    Keane
    Scholes
    Giggs

Ronaldo
    Rooney

better than city in every position on the field and subs bench

Subs:
    van der Saar
    Vidic
    Irwin
    Tevez
    Carrick
    Yorke
    Cole

Lol

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »

and the likes of Johnny Evans, Danny Welbeck should still be at the club imo

Lol

I concur, kinda. Would have to have places on the bench for Aguero, KDB, Silva.:D

Seriously though, I'd find it hard to drop a player from that first 11 - but we are talking about hand picking players from two of the best United sides I've seen.

Schmeichel
    --Neville---Stam--Ferdinand--Evra
    Scholes-Keane-KDB
    Ronaldo
    Giggs
    Aguero

heh, lol. Suppose so. But he also left before fergie left too.

Yeah. Dunno what he'd count or not haha. He was Jesse was his team mate when they won the Youth Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

2 of those 7 players were Rashford and Lingard.. was Lingard up with the first team under Fergie? Sure as feck Rashford wasn’t.. it’s manipulative to include them really..

What’s mad is that the 5 remaining were the goalkeeper and the back 4

Yeah. Dunno what he'd count or not haha. He was Jesse was his team mate when they won the Youth Cup.

oh, the dreams I used to have of Pep managing a United side being led from midfield by Tunnicliff, Pogba and Morrison.

Whatever about Tunnicliffe, Morrsion still fecking grates. that kid should have been world class.

astradave wrote: »
    2 of those 7 players were Rashford and Lingard.. was Lingard up with the first team under Fergie? Sure as feck Rashford wasn’t.. it’s manipulative to include them really..

What’s mad is that the 5 remaining were the goalkeeper and the back 4
    and in fairness to them.... DDG, Smalling and Jones would have been signed and been expected to be part of the United side now and for more years to come.

Young at left back and maybe Valencia still being first choice right back would be issues though.

More you look at it, the more BS the statement feels.

oh, the dreams I used to have of Pep managing a United side being led from midfield by Tunnicliff, Pogba and Morrison.

Whatever about Tunnicliffe, Morrsion still fecking grates. that kid should have been world class.

Isn't Morrison in Mexico or something nowaday?

Isn't Morrison in Mexico or something nowaday?

yep - has scored a few nice looking goals too.

I read a good analogy on Curtis Woodhouse’s twitter yesterday about the difference between Jose & Pep & I thought it was good, he said -

‘If Pep had Rashford he would play him centre forward and would be thinking of all the ways he could hurt the opposition. Jose plays him out wide because of the great defensive job he does. That's the difference in mentality between them. One is special and one thinks he is ⚽️‘

I read a good analogy on Curtis Woodhouse’s twitter yesterday about the difference between Jose & Pep & I thought it was good, he said -

‘If Pep had Rashford he would play him centre forward and would be thinking of all the ways he could hurt the opposition. Jose plays him out wide because of the great defensive job he does. That's the difference in mentality between them. One is special and one thinks he is ⚽️‘

Or Pep would have sold him - like he did Ihenacho.:P When he was still at City most City fans were saying he was a way better prospect than Rashford and Rash only got plaudits cause (a) United and (b) England.

But in general, totally. Mourinho looks first at home to stop being hurt by the opposition. Pep just looks at how his team will attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I concur, kinda. Would have to have places on the bench for Aguero, KDB, Silva.:D

Seriously though, I'd find it hard to drop a player from that first 11 - but we are talking about hand picking players from two of the best United sides I've seen.

Schmeichel
    Scholes-Keane-KDB
    Ronaldo
    Giggs
    Aguero

Nice team but prime Rooney was better than Aguero IMO.

His last few years have kind of ruined peoples ideas of just how good he was.

Has Pep not played Jesus wide on occasion?

Toobz wrote: »
    Nice team but prime Rooney was better than Aguero IMO.

His last few years have kind of ruined just how good he was.

Goal scoring record would indicate otherwise - Rooney was never as prolific as Aguero. That is partly down to Rooney being sacrificed for Ronaldo, clearly, but if we are looking for a goalscrorer to lead that line then there is no way you are not picking Aguero to lead that line imo.

Goal scoring record would indicate otherwise - Rooney was never as prolific as Aguero. That is partly down to Rooney being sacrificed for Ronaldo, clearly, but if we are looking for a goalscrorer to lead that line then there is no way you are not picking Aguero to lead that line imo.
    I still have a soft spot for Ruud when it comes to goalscoring. Aguero offers more all around however.

Or Pep would have sold him - like he did Ihenacho.:P When he was still at City most City fans were saying he was a way better prospect than Rashford and Rash only got plaudits cause (a) United and (b) England.

But in general, totally. Mourinho looks first at home to stop being hurt by the opposition. Pep just looks at how his team will attack.

Or like he did with Ronaldinho, Eto’o, Zlatan & Kroos but to name a few. Always worked out ok for him. He acknowledged they were fantastic players including Kelechi, he never undersold them like KDB or Salah! Think how strong Chelsea would be now? Morata up top with Hazard Salah & KDB behind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Thats one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Never mind the fact that Pep would probably just leave Rashford on the bench the same way he did to Aguero, or sold the same as Iheanacho, is the implication supposed to be that Pep would drop Lukaku and play Rashford up front instead?

Like most Mourinho criticisms, quotes like that make for good soundbites but don't stand up to any analysis or fact checking whatsoever. I mean, Rashford has 11 goals and 5 assists this season and all while rotating with Martial. Great defender indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Not sure who Curtis Woodhouse is but that’s a load of ****e.

Rashford plays on the wing because his finishing isn’t at the level required yet.

He’s no better defensively than any other winger at the club.

I still have a soft spot for Ruud when it comes to goalscoring. Aguero offers more all around however.

Ruud wasn't part of the 08 or treble squads though.So not considered.

Ruud wasn't part of the 08 or treble squads though.So not considered.

Fair Spot!

• Advertisement

With the comedian earlier I didnt spot anyone post Juan's latest blog

http://juanmata8.com/en/blog/we-must-follow-our-own-path/

Or like he did with Ronaldinho, Eto’o, Zlatan & Kroos but to name a few. Always worked out ok for him. He acknowledged they were fantastic players including Kelechi, he never undersold them like KDB or Salah! Think how strong Chelsea would be now? Morata up top with Hazard Salah & KDB behind!

Jesus what’s that got to do with the quote about Rashford? You have moved the goalposts completely.. now it just shows it for what it was, a city fan trying to get a dig in at Jose..

You have shown yourself up for exactly what you are.. a WUM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

A few people have already pointed out how ridiculous this quote is, but for me it shows how much pundits set the narrative for people, even in the face of actual facts. People love to say that they don't listen to pundits, but this type of thing and your reaction to it shows why every ex-pro who can string a sentence together on camera is in demand.

If there is one thing Pep guarantees, beyond exciting football, it's to turn the fans of the club he is managing into a bunch of insufferable own-fart sniffers. It's like a cult.

People love to say that they don't listen to pundits, but this type of thing and your reaction to it shows why every ex-pro who can string a sentence together on camera is in demand.

Yet when Sky needed a City pundit they turned to Oasis to string a sentence together :P

Jesus what’s that got to do with the quote about Rashford? You have moved the goalposts completely.. now it just shows it for what it was, a city fan trying to get a dig in at Jose..

You have shown yourself up for exactly what you are.. a WUM

😂😂😂 What? I was replying to the message sent to me, that he would of sold Rashford. Where have I took a dog at Mourinho? I said it was soneone else’s tweet, & is it a lie about him selling KDB & Salah? Give you head a wobble.

• Advertisement

If there is one thing Pep guarantees, beyond exciting football, it's to turn the fans of the club he is managing into a bunch of insufferable own-fart sniffers. It's like a cult.

Looooool. This thread is absolutely fantastic I swear. Loving it.

😂😂😂 What? I was replying to the message sent to me, that he would of sold Rashford. Where have I took a dog at Mourinho? I said it was soneone else’s tweet, & is it a lie about him selling KDB & Salah? Give you head a wobble.

KDB and Salah werent at Chelsea together.

Meh I can see past your whole charade, have a nice flight, just remember the reason we “come at you in 3’s” on the United thread is cause we have more than 3 fans ;)

Looooool. This thread is absolutely fantastic I swear. Loving it.

You seem wound up by it all tbh

KDB and Salah werent at Chelsea together.

And?

• Advertisement

Schmeichel
    Scholes-Keane-KDB
    Ronaldo
    Giggs
    Aguero

kdb over becks?? big call

And?

Salah would likely not have been signed had they not sold De Bruyne. So your idea of them being part of some dream team is odd. One directly replaced the other.

Meh I can see past your whole charade, have a nice flight, just remember the reason we “come at you in 3’s” on the United thread is cause we have more than 3 fans ;)

Nah it’s because yer bitter at how this season is panning out. It’s a game of opinions, just cos we don’t agree on things & doesn’t mean either of us are wrong. I like the fan reference though, ye need something to hold onto 😂 enjoy the hunt for top 4.

Salah would likely not have been signed had they not sold De Bruyne. So your idea of them being part of some dream team is odd. One directly replaced the other.

Fair enough; but Jose still sold them. That was my hole argument.

Nah it’s because yer bitter at how this season is panning out. It’s a game of opinions, just cos we don’t agree on things & doesn’t mean either of us are wrong. I like the fan reference though, ye need something to hold onto 😂 enjoy the hunt for top 4.

giphy.gif

You were wrong with the Agüero stat. There are opinions but then there are facts. Some opinions can be disproved by facts. You seem offended "3" people called your nonsense.

You were wrong with the Agüero stat. There are opinions but then there are facts. Some opinions can be disproved by facts. You seem offended "3" people called your nonsense.

God you’re off again. I apologise for being wrong by 1 game 😂

Sure you were talking bolloxology about them not getting injuries, when it was wrong. Then you specified down to 3 players, you can’t get an injury to every player 😂 why would I be offended? Until the use of the bitter in my last post & bolloxology in this ive been a good sport I thought. Nice clean language but just airing a different opinion, seems all ye on here are offended that I have one.

giphy.gif

😂😂 you clearly are bitter the way the season has gone for City compared to United. You’re fooling no one by saying different. I’d be the same, don’t know what the problem is in admitting it.

God you’re off again. I apologise for being wrong by 1 game 😂

Sure you were talking bolloxology about them not getting injuries, when it was wrong. Then you specified down to 3 players, you can’t get an injury to every player 😂 why would I be offended? Until the use of the bitter in my last post & bolloxology in this ive been a good sport I thought. Nice clean language but just airing a different opinion, seems all ye on here are offended that I have one.
    My whole post only ever mentioned midfielders there was no then, you just couldn't understand it. Then you started dribbling out everything else and getting yourself in a right mess with your alternative facts my dear.

You claimed no one can be wrong as its all opinions. I pointed out opinions can be wrong as we saw earlier.

It makes a change from United regular posters fighting so keep bringing the fun lad. I've to eat dinner. Enjoy your hols anyway made a fun morning.

My whole post only ever mentioned midfielders there was no then, you just couldn't understand it. Then you started dribbling out everything else and getting yourself in a right mess with your alternative facts my dear.

You claimed no one can be wrong as its all opinions. I pointed out opinions can be wrong as we saw earlier.

It makes a change from United regular posters fighting so keep bringing the fun lad. I've to eat dinner. Enjoy your hols anyway made a fun morning.

It’s not an opinion saying they’ve been lucky with injuries if they haven’t though? Yes, I take your point season could be different if one of the 3 midfielders you mentioned had sustained Mendys injury for example but on the hole, they’ve had injury problems. I’m all for banter mate, I’ll be posting in here from time to time it’s all good fun in here, enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement