Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Adamocovic wrote: »
    tumblr_lvt6jr4GHY1qjj1wao1_400.gif

Ok then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Was looking over the Bristol squad for tomorrow, then saw Luke Steeles name. Shocked I even remember him to be honest but it reminded me of the conversation before of players you'd forget were at the club.

He probably is most notably known, sad I know, for the deal to West Brom to get the one and only Kusczhak (add his name to the list).

Anyone else remember the Irish legend who was also part of that deal? :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Atletico are reporting Barcelona to Fifa over an illegal approach for Griezmann.

How did they muck up a release clause deal :S gives us an opening, I guess...

Edit: To add, this is now confirmed by Simon stone of the BBC who adds no English clubs (I.e. Us) have been reported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Was looking over the Bristol squad for tomorrow, then saw Luke Steeles name. Shocked I even remember him to be honest but it reminded me of the conversation before of players you'd forget were at the club.

He probably is most notably known, sad I know, for the deal to West Brom to get the one and only Kusczhak (add his name to the list).

Nope do tell

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Atletico are reporting Barcelona to Fifa over an illegal approach for Griezmann.

Does it tho? If he wanted to go Barca that would indicate he didn't want to join us in first place in which case I don't know if it would be a good move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Paul McShane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Does it tho? If he wanted to go Barca that would indicate he didn't want to join us in first place in which case I don't know if it would be a good move.

Or maybe he doesn’t want to go to Barca and he informed Atleti of the illegal approach to get Barca in trouble and he is going to declare his love for United.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What?

You think there is only one club in the world a player would be happy to sign for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Nope do tell
    Paul McShane?

Bingo!
    Another player you'd easily forget was in our ranks.

Slightly off topic but I do miss the fact that now we have no Irish players in the senior squad. I know an argument would be made that with the money nowadays etcs there isn't one good enough but as a selfish Irish fan too it's disappointing.

Supporting throughout the years there must have been an incredibly long stretch of at least one Irish player in the squad. The last was probably Robbie Brady a couple of years ago now!

What?

You think there is only one club in the world a player would be happy to sign for?

Chill Mitch that's not what I was saying.

I said MAYBE he wants to go Barcelona.. I'm just throwing it out there for discussion that's all.

It is a possibility he does want to go Barcelona and the reason athletic are reporting them is because they won't want to lose him to a team in their division so they will try block it similar to what Southampton did to Liverpool when they didn't want to lose vvd. In that case if he still wants to go Barcelona and not really want to join United I wouldn't be Keen on it.

But if it is a case that Barca were only trying to persuade him and he is still quiet keen on a move to United then I'd be more then happy.

Who knows right? :)

Edit: Ok I see where I probably worded my original post a little wrong but I didn't mean it as it was a straight out indication he wanted join Barcelona and not us even tho that's more or less what I wrote. My bad.

• Advertisement

Chill Mitch that's not what I was saying.

I said MAYBE he wants to go Barcelona.. I'm just throwing it out there for discussion that's all.

It is a possibility he does want to go Barcelona and the reason athletic are reporting them is because they won't want to lose him to a team in their division so they will try block it similar to what Southampton did to Liverpool when they didn't want to lose vvd. In that case if he still wants to go Barcelona and not really want to join United I wouldn't be Keen on it.

But if it is a case that Barca were only trying to persuade him and he is still quiet keen on a move to United then I'd be more then happy.

Who knows right? :)

If it’s known to the club a while like the article states, I wonder is there anything in the Dybala links that have been surfacing recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I’m resigned to the fact that he will go to Barca, once they put their oar in its pretty much over.

I hope work is alreay well under way to identify attacking players to purchase in the summer. We need to buy a star, like a young Rooney or Ronaldo, obviously that is far easier said than done but the likes of Real and Barca always seem to have a conveyor belt of world class forwards. The players are out there it’s just a matter of getting in early.

We need more bang for our buck is the main issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »

Edit: To add, this is now confirmed by Simon stone of the BBC who adds no English clubs (I.e. Us) have been reported

Seen that earlier, i think he will end up going there as well

Never wanted Griezmann anyway. I literally cannot remember one time I expressed an interest in him coming to United in this thread, not one.

ITbpWZS.gif

So anyway, Lingard's doing well lately, eh? Mkhi's gonna 'click' soon, just watch.

*Lingard is actually doing well. It will be interesting to see if Mkhi makes an appearance against Bristol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

**** Griezmann, he had his chance to join us

xtal191 wrote: »
    **** Griezmann, he had his chance to join us

**** Pogba, he had his chance to play for us.

**** Pogba, he had his chance to play for us.

**** Gaitan he had loads of chances to play for us ;)

**** Gaitan he had loads of chances to play for us ;)

And Garay.

Bunch of jerks.

And Garay.

Bunch of jerks.

Dont get jerkier then sneijder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Stupid Leicester...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They even make shootouts look like a doddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

After tomorrows 2 EFL games it will most likely be a final 4 of Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea & Man Utd.

The easiest would of course be Arsenal for the semis but I hope we get one of the other two. Preferably Man City if I'm being honest despite our last performance against them. I'm sick of seeing us lose against these top sides. Our performances against these big clubs is so frustrating but I know we have the quality to turn it around.

Beating for example Chelsea in the semis and City in the final would be a serious statement and be a great boost for the squad going into the latter stages of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Angel Gomes won't be featuring vs Bristol as he is injured.

Real shame, hope he will play 1 or 2 young lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The S*n saying Jose is lining up a £90 million move for Hazard.

The Mirror going with United to move for Griezmann after Atletico falling out with Barca over the tapping up allegations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Whole host of clubs including ourselves linked with Leon Goretzka of Schalke. I know anyone can look good based of a YouTube video but there’s some impressive play in this. If he’s anyway as good as the video makes him out to be he’d be a welcome addition imo. Seems similar to Pogba in that he’s strong and can carry the ball forward, has an eye for goal too. And he’s over 6ft so Jose has to like him. :pac:

https://youtu.be/kCckj7OFICU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

He is the epitome of a United player. Came up through the academy, loves the club, has a great personality, a little feisty, plays the game like he’s playing with his friends in the park, fearless regardless of opposition.

I think he is more like the kind of personalities of the class of 92 than any player we’ve produced since then. His slow progression has benefited him hugely in terms of not being burdened by the weight of expectation.

You can see in the likes of Rooney, maybe even a little with Rashford that they feel the pressure and have to mature before they really should.

Jesse is a great example that you shouldn’t rush a player, stay patient and you just might have a gem of a player with the right mentality in their mid twenties.

I think he’ll be a great player for the club to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Couldn't agree more

The S*n saying Jose is lining up a £90 million move for Hazard.

ozL1p6Q.gif

He is the epitome of a United player. Came up through the academy, loves the club, has a great personality, a little feisty, plays the game like he’s playing with his friends in the park, fearless regardless of opposition.

I think he is more like the kind of personalities of the class of 92 than any player we’ve produced since then. His slow progression has benefited him hugely in terms of not being burdened by the weight of expectation.

You can see in the likes of Rooney, maybe even a little with Rashford that they feel the pressure and have to mature before they really should.

Jesse is a great example that you shouldn’t rush a player, stay patient and you just might have a gem of a player with the right mentality in their mid twenties.

I think he’ll be a great player for the club to be honest.

The very same reasons Danny Welbeck should never have been sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

bangkok wrote: »
    The very same reasons Danny Welbeck should never have been sold

not sure if serious :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wellbeck wasn't up to the standard, as has been proved at Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

scudzilla wrote: »
    not sure if serious :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wellbeck wasn't up to the standard, as has been proved at Arsenal

Deadly serious. Welbeck was very good for us and was still developing.was an england regular, came through the united youth system and apart from his injuries has been very good for arsenal.

• Advertisement

Deadly serious. Welbeck was very good for us and was still developing.was an england regular, came through the united youth system and apart from his injuries has been very good for arsenal.

He would be a decent squad option I agree but he is also a strike that can’t score

astradave wrote: »
    Who?
    :D

What am I missing here? :o

astradave wrote: »
    He would be a decent squad option I agree but he is also a strike that can’t score

He has played majority of his career in a wide position. A goal every 4 games is a good return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    What am I missing here? :o

Zerks has been MIA for a while.

Some say that his posting of stuff that had already been posted become so self referential that it created a glitch in the universe and he is currently in a parallel vortex posting about when we signed Cantona.

Some say that his posting of stuff that had already been posted become so self referential that it created a glitch in the universe and he is currently in a parallel vortex posting about when we signed Cantona.

IcyBarrenFirebelliedtoad-max-1mb.gif

Seriously, did he close his account? I tried to search and couldn't find him. Or did he change his name on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Did zerks ever exist or did we wish him into existence?

giphy.gif

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Did zerks ever exist or did we wish him into existence?

giphy.gif

Zerkception

Inception.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It is whispered that on a still night if you listen carefully you can hear Zerks singing Glory Glory Man United. Or was it simply a breeze amongst the branches????

Another rumour is the real reason the seagulls follow the trawler is because they believe Zerks will throw sardines into the sea.

It is whispered that on a still night if you listen carefully you can hear Zerks singing Glory Glory Man United. Or was it simply a breeze amongst the branches????

Another rumour is the real reason the seagulls follow the trawler is because they believe Zerks will throw sardines into the sea.

The only problem with this whisper is you already heard some lad in the pub telling you the same thing 30 minutes before hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

unfortunately that's the biggie with wellbeck

scudzilla wrote: »
    unfortunately that's the biggie with wellbeck

He did his cruiate twice. He was extremely unlucky

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement