Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Keeper could of done a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

What a load of ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Embarrassing, at least we won't have to lose to abu dhabi again

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Wow

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blind, Mkhi, Shaw were all useless and added to why they need to go. Darmian anonymous. Pogba and Martial poor. Romero uncharicteristically shoody too, actually.

Rashford cannot play from the RW, and was incredibly wasteful

Ibra gets some forgiveness given lack of play time but was very poor.

Considering the amount of players who should be busting a gut for a first team spot, the lack of intensity was shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Laughable and some think we can still catch city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Utterly depressing by us. Well done Bristol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

How the fcuk are we second in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No more then we deserved. Wasn’t overly confident pre match and when I see Romero catching balls and dropping to his knees time wasting with 2 minutes to go I can’t say it filled me with confidence. Hope they get to Wembley now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Really well deserved.

They were actually a lot of things we've been lacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Embarrassing, at least we won't have to lose to abu dhabi again

Suppose their first trophy of the season is in the bag now.
    We look like a side struggling to concentrate, pathetic loss.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

bangkok wrote: »
    Laughable and some think we can still catch city

Yeah, a league cup game has zero bearing on that either way.

I am still interested though, who are the some people who think we can still catch City?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Well, contrary to the narrative pushed by the British media the premier league is actually kind of crap.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

We were bad, hopefully its some sort of wakeup call for them

Couldn't give a toss about the game itself, would rather be out then in extra time tbh but this was a perfect example of how much work is still to be done, players can have poor games, Rashford, Pogba etc but the ones who should be playing for their United careers and show absolutely zero intensity, desire or hunger need to be rooted out of the club. They offer nothing. That right wing spot needs to be addressed, as it did in the summer.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Spoiled by a pitch invasion."

"Sad to see the pitch invasion."

Fúck off, Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

These things happen. Cup was not a priority but would have been great. Fair play to Bristol. We are a few weeks now since we've had a great performance.

Because after 18 league games we have been clearly the second best team in a pretty competitive league.

I should actually bow out of here before the emotional reactions kick off tonight really......**** performance, got what was deserved. On to the next.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Merry Christmas lads Ho Ho Ho

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

Fúck off, Sky.

Bein just given credit to Bristol, the owners and manager not a mention of fans on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

One of those games. Move on and focus on Saturday. Well played Bristol.

J. Marston wrote: »

Fúck off, Sky.

Not a mention on Bein. Just giving credit to Owners manager and players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Only one team deserved the win and it wasn't us.

Fair play to Bristol, they kept the intensity up for 90 minutes, we were dire.

Would have been nice to stay in the cup but it's two less games for is so isn't all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Merry Christmas lads Ho Ho Ho

Must be exciting being in the semi final draw... oh wait.

Scrap the cap!

Yeah, a league cup game has zero bearing on that either way.

I am still interested though, who are the some people who think we can still catch City?

Theres a few in here. Dont ask me the names but there def is some. Someone even said it last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Rashford would give you a pain in the bollix with his decision making/free-kick taking at least once every game. His propensity to want to be Ronaldo has to stop-playing like Messi Lingard would be more beneficial right now. Stupid booking after another poor touch when through on goal

Martial anonymous. Romero releasing his inner-Mignolet, which was a rare dip from his usual dependability when called upon.

Not surprised to see someone with the over-reactionary hanging of a seemingly out of favour player above though- I thought Mkhi done well when he came on. There was noticeably more zip in the final third anyway.

Trying to figure out what "type" of midfielder McTominany is? Has done as well as one would expect in the circumstances but cannot quite pinpoint his strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

All they deserved really. Such lack of intensity and indulgence from some players.

Blind was utterly useless bar that last ditch challenge. Rojo I thought was awful and at fault for the last goal.
    Darmian was non existent. Rashford was really poor and contributed to the build up for the last goal.
    Martial with a few flashes but too often fell on his arse when challenged. Poor.
    Pogba. Self indulgent too many times. Should have been sent off and took too many risks on the ball when deep. Usual lack tracking back.
    McTommenay I thought had a really poor game, looked nervous and a little out of his depth.

I could go on. No one played well really. You could make a case for Lukaku when he came on as he looked a real threat.

So many players there that could have been pushing for a regular start and they just didn’t look bothered to put the effort in and senior player joining in and trying to cruise their way through the game instead of leading by example.

There’s just something so untrustworthy about this group of players when it’s put up to them. I’m going to sound like John Giles now but there’s a lack of character about this team.

I really hope Jose rips them a new one but I don’t know if he will or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Not surprised to see someone with the over-reactionary hanging of a seemingly out of favour player above though- I thought Mkhi done well when he came on. There was noticeably more zip in the final third anyway.

Apart from no first touch and causing the breakdown of some promiseing situations. yeah. he was great?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Couldn't give a toss about the game itself, would rather be out then in extra time tbh but this was a perfect example of how much work is still to be done, players can have poor games, Rashford, Pogba etc but the ones who should be playing for their United careers and show absolutely zero intensity, desire or hunger need to be rooted out of the club. They offer nothing. That right wing spot needs to be addressed, as it did in the summer.

Indeed. Nothing has changed, just as nothing was changed by the City result. We still need a serious improvement in player quality and player character right throughout the squad and we are going to keep seeing results like this as long as we keep going back to the same well.

People really need a reality check on the quality of some of our players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It’s sad to be criticising two young players, but Rashford and Martial are so anonymous most of the time, should they be starting every game for a big club?

Pogba needs a serious kick up the backside, he barely has to defend, how can he be so ineffective going forward. Shaw was Moreno-esque at times and Miki is a write off.

People are saying this cup is not a priority when it’s probably our best chance at a trophy this season gone down the toilet.

adox wrote: »
    All they deserved really. Such lack of intensity and indulgence from some players.

Blind was utterly useless bar that last ditch challenge. Rojo I thought was awful and at fault for the last goal.
    Darmian was non existent. Rashford was really poor and contributed to the build up for the last goal.
    Martial with a few flashes but too often fell on his arse when challenged. Poor.
    Pogba. Self indulgent too many times. Should have been sent off and took too many risks on the ball when deep. Usual lack tracking back.
    McTommenay I thought had a really poor game, looked nervous and a little out of his depth.

I could go on. No one played well really. You could make a case for Lukaku when he came on as he looked a real threat.

So many players there that could have been pushing for a regular start and they just didn’t look bothered to put the effort in and senior player joining in and trying to cruise their way through the game instead of leading by example.

There’s just something so untrustworthy about this group of players when it’s put up to them. I’m going to sound like John Giles now but there’s a lack of character about this team.

Is jose part of the problem or is he THE problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Players should be ashamed of themselves

Chelsea beat Bournemouth while playing near enough a second team, including a 16/17 Yr old center back.

City beat Leicester with quite a few youth players and mostly a full second team.

We can't even beat a championship team while playing a strong lineup (not all 1st choice but still strong) . Embarrassing

Thought Romero was dodgy tonight, didn't inspire confidence at all.

We had Martial, Rashford, Ibra, Lukaku, Pogba, Mhki on the pitch at some time during the game and could only score a poor free kick. We should be beating a championship team by 3 or 4.

Good luck to Bristol in the next round, they actually showed some effort tonight.

Is jose part of the problem or is he THE problem??

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Theres a few in here. Dont ask me the names but there def is some. Someone even said it last week

Back up your post, you can’t say that and then say don’t ask me names.. back it up..

Anyways.. enjoyed the passion from the Bristol players and fans after the whistle.. it was great to watch and you could see how much it meant to them.. I hope our players are shown that over and over again to show them what passion is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I don't think he will, because I think he already has his opinion on a lot of them. He will use them for now, get us to a comfortable 2nd/3rd place finish and then hopefully replace a lot of them with players he can trust to perform.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't think he will, because I think he already has his opinion on a lot of them. He will use them for now, get us to a comfortable 2nd/3rd place finish and then hopefully replace a lot of them with players he can trust to perform.

YeP. Blind, Darmian, Shaw, Mkhi...none did much tonight to improve their standing. And he'd already know the right wing is a problem area at the best time of times, and the midfield needs depth ASAP.

I hope so and hence my comment about wondering if he will or not.

The lack of real effort surely will annoy him, although we have seen it numerous times before.

There’s a few players that are walking themselves out of the club and literally making the decision for Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I could totally see why the word “embarrassing” could be used tonight.

Its embarrassing to see players show absolutely no fight or desire, especially considering some are playing for their United careers, looked like they’ve made their mind up.

I thought Romero was dodgy, tbh I’ve never thought anything else of him, he makes me nervous every time he comes near the ball. Also what the **** was he at time wasting in the 91st minute when we’re drawing?

Rojo was poor, he’s been poor since he came back from injury.

Shaw was alright, still suspect defensively but does offer an actual threat from the left.

Darmian is surely gone. And thank god. He’s genuinely so poor. So poor on the ball, so poor defending.

Rashford is so frustrating with his decision making, which is expected at his age so it’s hard to be critical but he had a relatively simple ball into Lukaku I think and messed it up. Tries to do far too much on his own, like Pogba.

We really do have to sign 4/5 players still which is crazy considering how much has been spent already.

We look so weak every time we’re up against these smaller teams where their crowd are their 12th man.

We shoukd sign johnny evans for centre back, darren fletcher for midfield, nani for right wing, hernandez for up front. We be sorted then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

How can he Say they were Lucky???

They won they wanted it more ...

Oh Jose sowing it into the players in the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Was Jose watching the same game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Oh Jose sowing it into the players in the interview.

What he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Bad Loser...

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    What he say?

Said that some of the players didn’t have the right intensity,both physically and mentally. Said it was treated like just another day at the office by some of them and some of them even looked like they didn’t want to be there.

Was a brief couple of lines in between more generic stuff and his rather silky “lucky” comments but it stood out like a sore thumb to me and actually cheered me up a bit to hear it.

torrevieja wrote: »
    Bad Loser...

Insert any losing managers name here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

I'm lost for words having listened to that interview !
    Obviously not getting anything near good enough from the squad, more or less admitted it too, which was a bizarre thing to say. You have to wonder ?

When did we last play well ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

3 at the back shouldn't be used unless it is a tough away game and matching the opposition. Already a problem with the ball winding up with the full backs and a lack of threat from out wide. No need to exasperate it unnecessarily.

Still, this can happen when players don't play for weeks and come in to an intense game against an in form team. Should have the quality to win but they will be an extra bit sharp. Won the trophy last season but gives less games around Champions League time which is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

secman wrote: »
    I'm lost for words having listened to that interview !

When did we last play well ?

Arsenal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement