Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/944224630667083776

"United prepare £25 million bid for Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ericzeking wrote: »
    Isn't there something very odd about about Juventus potentially being interested in one of our cast offs who is, by all accounts, useless...

Hes a first choice afaik for Italy so not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Being saying the last while that's who I'd like to see is move for. Is it another Shaw like risk when we still have Shaw on the books? Maybe but I'd be very happy to see him brought in especially at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Being saying the last while that's who I'd like to see is move for. Is it another Shaw like risk when we still have Shaw on the books? Maybe but I'd be very happy to see him brought in especially at that price.

a huge ask of a 17 year old to come in and have an impact.If he was bought I would guess it loan back for at least the end of the season.One for the future and a exceptional talent by all accounts but we need a LB asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sevilla, our next opponent in the champions league has just sacked there manager.

Yes he is the same manager who only recently announced he has cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

A bit of Xmas cheer to the thread,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would love to sign Ozil, always gets goals/assists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm drinking beer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

bangkok wrote: »
    An entertaining 4-4 draw, 4 red cards, both managers sent to the stands, massive row in the tunnel and gerrard to slip in the studio

This can still happen in the next 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Would love to sign Ozil, always gets goals/assists

We would ruin him like we do most creative players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good result I guess.

Hopefully Klopp gets a ban for his violent water bottle attack.

Cut the grass and drank beer was productive night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

J. Marston wrote: »
    Good result I guess.

It's not violence. it's just passion.....smh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Good result, hopefully we can pick up the win tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

J. Marston wrote: »
    Good result I guess.

3 match ban for Mourinho for giving him the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sigh...

adox wrote: »
    Sigh...

Mata was one the few in and around that position we brought in who was some what of a success.

Miki is latest one to not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Yes........it's not like he hasn't managed him before!!

Ozil at Madrid under Mourinho:

10/11: 10 goals, 29 assists
    11/12: 7 goals, 29 assists
    12/13: 10 goals, 24 assists

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Where not Real Madrid....

• Advertisement

Where not Real Madrid....

So is it the club or the manager that ruins attacking players?

So is it the club or the manager that ruins attacking players?

To be totally honest i dont know what it is!

We have a history of playing players in the wrong positions or not using them to there ability's.

Especially in the middle our midfield has been all over the place for years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

*must not be a grammar nazi*

Twice in two posts makes it hard though.

To be totally honest i dont know what it is!

We have a history of playing players in the wrong positions or not using them to there ability's.

Especially in the middle our midfield has been all over the place for years now.

That's fair enough. But that has been happening prior to Mourinho's appointment.

That's fair enough. But that has been happening prior to Mourinho's appointment.

I know I don't think its exclusive to Jose think it's an issue we've had for while even under Fergie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

On a million dollar contract and he can't even get out of bed to go to training. Can understand a bit more some of those comments by Jose after that loss now :o

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/944342663221870593

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/944344067462385664

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

On a million dollar contract and he can't even get out of bed to go to training. Can understand a bit more some of those comments by Jose after that loss now :o

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/944342663221870593

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/944344067462385664

Daily Mail....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »
    Daily Mail....

Had a look at the article and there is no quotes to back up the Pogba part, only quote on the article is this:
    'Some of them look as if they're taking the mickey the way they're ordering things,' said a source. 'It makes you wonder what would happen if they ever ended up at Rochdale or Bury. They would be stuck in a room wondering what to do.'

Second biggest load of nonsense in the papers today.. the biggest being that Lukaku has stopped celebrating because he has had to move out wide when Ibrahimovic came on

• Just dropping briefly in from my thread exodus to say happy Xmas to you and your families

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Now, compare the players he was alongside at Real vs who'd he be playing alongside at United. There's a rather giant gap. Real could afford to have a luxury player in their side like that with how often they'd dominate teams. I'm not sure we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all drop points in the first round of Christmas fixtures.

Big chance to punish them later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We have to win tonight, anything else will be considered a massive funk up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Happy Christmas All, hopefully a win tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

Now I'm going back to watching Home Alone..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

Now I'm going back to watching Home Alone..

I've the City game on, it's like Home Alone for them at the Emptyhad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Welcome to the Party Pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

DM_7 wrote: »
    Welcome to the Party Pal.

Now I have a machine gun, ho-ho-ho :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So Chelsea, Arsenal and Pool dipped points so far. Need to wîn to build up even more of a gap over them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Man but City games are boring to watch. I know they're very good and it's a very effective style but I've always hated watching a Pep team at its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Jayop wrote: »
    Man but City games are boring to watch. I know they're very good and it's a very effective style but I've always hated watching a Pep team at its best.

tXhguB.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Felt the same way about Barca under Pep. I think its the way they get the ball back so quickly when they do finally lose it. There is no real ebb and flow to their games, its just relentless one way traffic.

• Advertisement

Isn't it a bit odd how they can also run around at 100mph to win the ball back for the full 90 mins.
    There has always been rumours of doping during his days at Barca.

Isn't it a bit odd how they can also run around at 100mph to win the ball back for the full 90 mins.
    There has always been rumours of doping during his days at Barca.

Wouldn't be getting into this personally. Reckon they're just a quality team tbh

Felt the same way about Barca under Pep. I think its the way they get the ball back so quickly when they do finally lose it. There is no real ebb and flow to their games, its just relentless one way traffic.

Surely that's not their fault it's the teams they play against it finding a way to challenge them.

I couldn't call city boring to watch or even close to it the tactics and movement of players is stunning at times..

It'll be a bit odd watching a live Prem game on a Saturday night. I suppose it's a preview of what's to come.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Surely that's not their fault it's the teams they play against it finding a way to challenge them.

I couldn't call city boring to watch or even close to it the tactics and movement of players is stunning at times..

For sure, not criticising them in real terms at all. Just not a huge fan of the aesthetics of that type of game. Appreciate that loads are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

They're making light work of Bournemouth right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Clap trap.

They have the ball for huge parts of the game so the amount of time they need to be at the races to get the ball back is very small.

As they have the ball it's the other team that's tiring chasing it. All city's energy throughout the game is reserved as the ball is always doing the work when they have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

:confused:

It's quintessentially "the beautiful game"

The only difficult thing to watch about it now is it's bloody city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Ah here lads, been away from the thread and only saw this page, but talking about "rumours" of doping during Peps time at barca is desperate. They have a quality squad, players and very effective setup.

They are playing brilliant football and very consistent. 60 goals in 19 games. That's crazy. For people who think it's boring, the only way it could be classified as boring is because of how dominant and consistent they have been in possession, and how much we want them to slip.

Anyway, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea all dropping points a win tonight would be massive. The chase for City will be tough but if we can keep snatching wins we could develop a gap from the rest of the pack. Also require a bounce back performance after Bristol game.

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    Clap trap.

They have the ball for huge parts of the game so the amount of time they need to be at the races to get the ball back is very small.

As they have the ball it's the other team that's tiring chasing it. All city's energy throughout the game is reserved as the ball is always doing the work when they have it.

It's not when Barcelona and now City have the ball, it's how they run around like Energiser Bunnies right to the final whistle that's the issue. What I said was that there were always rumours and whispers of shenanigans behind the scenes of his teams. Look at Aguero breaking ribs in a car crash and is back playing within a couple of weeks, anyone else and they'd be laid up for a lot longer. Gabriel Jesus did his metatarsal and was back in 9 weeks.

Barcelona were fined for not disclosing the whereabouts of players for dope tests.
    City were fined 3 times in his first 6 months at the club for similar offences.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement