Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

It's fine, we're the 2nd highest goalscorers in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Disgraceful amount of ****ing chances they had to be up by 3 or 4.

So ****ing frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Why the **** was Smalling not moved ANY where else except for centre back if he was injured!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

All the players deserve to get boots kicked into their face Beckham style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So much stupid game management in the final 10 minutes.

Have these gobshítes never heard of taking the ball into the corner? Pack of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

A ****ing disgrace. I'm not one for hyperbole normally but that's a fcukin disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

2 games in a row they throw it away at the very end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rashford greedy little ball hog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

WHAT THE **** is wrong with running down the clock in the corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Had to restrain myself from putting the remote through the tv.

Fúcking disgraceful carry on from some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Your timing is impeccable

clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I said it when Albrighton got the ball in that position "don't let him cross it in" yet nobody closed him down. Smalling who can't move left to mark a runner at the back post. Absolute stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Why in God’s name was Smalling let in CB position? Surely Matic could have covered for the remaining minutes? Crazy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

BKtje wrote: »
    Why the **** was Smalling not moved ANY where else except for centre back if he was injured!?

Gary said jones was trying to reorganise, pulled Lindelof into CB to replace Smalling, and Herrera refused to go into RB so they moved back to Smalling in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Actually just started laughing when they scored. It's just laughable

Professional footballers can't re-arrange positions that you learn when your 10, unless their hand is held by a manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Rashford would be a great prospect if he wasn't braindead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

We should have just took Smalling off, was so obvious what was going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

BKtje wrote: »

Shouldn't even have been brought back on the field

RobertKK wrote: »
    2 games in a row they throw it away at the very end.

They didn't throw it away at the end in the cup.

They threw it away in the first minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

And with that comment, if there was ever any doubt, you are not to be taken seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

madcabbage wrote: »
    Why in God’s name was Smalling let in CB position? Surely Matic could have covered for the remaining minutes? Crazy!

Jose cant take any blame for tonight apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Cant understand why we couldn't put our foot on the ball and take it to the corner. Rashford had more opportunities to slow the pace down and couldn't use his fecking head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Amateur stuff at the end, nobody taking ownership of the defense and sorting it out, lack of leadership cost them the three points tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rashford would be a great prospect if he wasn't braindead

Says the man that can't put in a full stop. :):)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Actually just started laughing when they scored. It's just laughable

Professional footballers can't re-arrange positions that you learn when your 10, unless their hand is held by a manager.

maybe one of them would have got upset for been told where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Appalling result considering the amount of clear cut chances we failed to convert. Truly appalling :mad:

On a positive note, Lukaku was excellent tonight. His decision making and timing with his passes was top notch. Shame his team mates let him down in terms of service to him and finishing by them.

Bitterly disappointing result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

People wonder what character and leadership is?

Its somebody sorting the ****ing defence out when one of them gets injured.

Its arseholes up front being professional and getting **** done instead of faffing about.

No doubt its all the managers fault though so I'll leave it at that. Fair play to Matic and Lukaku for fantastic games, Pogba, Rasford, Jones et al can go ****ing do one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

J. Marston wrote: »
    So much stupid game management in the final 10 minutes.

Have these gobshítes never heard of taking the ball into the corner? Pack of idiots.

That’s not the United Way /s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Its was coming soon as he pulled the groin... why didnt he switch with lindelof. Looks like jones had something to him 10 mins before the goal about it. Leicster playera could see he wasnt right. We had no subs left but some1 should have switched with him.

Still 3 ahead of chelsea, second downwards the league table looks like it'll be totally different come end of the season.

Motm is for juan but followed closely by lukaku.
    Thought he was brilliant, held up the ball and more imporantly played a killer pass each time. I'd be furious if i was him. Nobody played him in when there was 2/3 chances they could of.

Thought most of the players were terrible bar lukaku, mata, martial, jones, lindelof and matic. Bar the first goal jones and lindelof played well after.

People wonder what character and leadership is?

Its somebody sorting the ****ing defence out when one of them gets injured.

Its arseholes up front being professional and getting **** done instead of faffing about.

No doubt its all the managers fault though so I'll leave it at that. Fair play to Matic and Lukaku for fantastic games, Pogba, Rasford, Jones et al can go ****ing do one.

I think it's a bit harsh on pogba maybe he could of done more but he set things up in midfield a lot tonight and that ball in for Jesse deserved a goal.

• Advertisement

The state of them. What else can you say?

Why the fùck didn’t Rashford play the easy ball through to Lukaku at the end who was in acres of space and try and kill the game off instead of just slowing down and holding onto the ball?

There’s some awful brittle characters in this team. No leaders. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

jayo26 wrote: »
    Says the man that can't put in a full stop. :):)

I'm not finished

bangkok wrote: »

Neville said in commentary that Jones reorganised the back line but Herrera overruled him and refused to go to fullback to allow Lindelof to play as CB. Had Herrera thought of the team instead of himself there we probably wouldn't have been in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lukaku team player passing rather than glory hunting Rashford little to no class at the moment Mata deserves all the credit for great effort. I can't believe they threw that away sick absolutely distraught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

bangkok wrote: »

I wouldn’t blame Jose. Wasn’t his fault the team blew this.... Not one leader in the defence when it mattered. Wasted chances up front. Lukaku can’t be blamed either , he could of had 2 assists.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think it's a bit harsh on pogba maybe he could of done more but he set things up in midfield a lot tonight and that ball in for Jesse deserved a goal.

Ah come on. We barely saw him in the second half. He wasn’t alone that’s for sure but he was pretty annonymous.

Henry for once exactly right with his take on the last ten minutes or so of the game.
    Why did we drop so deep against ten men and invite pressure?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Henry for once exactly right with his take on the last ten minutes or so of the game.

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Unbelievably bad decision making in those last few minutes. Rashford can go fcuk off for wasting that last chance he had. If you're not gonna take the chance atleast run the clock down by running towards the corner.

And the Smalling incident is laughable. Just goes to show how there isn't a leader on that pitch. Players shouting at each other over ruling each others decision is a recipe for disaster and we paid the price. Fcuking bottlers the bunch of them.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What did he say?

I hit post before I finished my post, lol.
    Fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

adox wrote: »
    Why the fùck didn’t Rashford play the easy ball through to Lukaku at the end who was in acres of space and try and kill the game off instead of just slowing down and holding onto the ball?

This is exactly what we needed, Rashford actually the only player with the cop on to do it. He gave the ball to Matic who gave it away straight away. We didn't need to attack, we didn't need to put any more pressure on our defense - inviting a counter attack, we just needed to hold it up for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Neville said in commentary that Jones reorganised the back line but Herrera overruled him and refused to go to fullback to allow Lindelof to play as CB. Had Herrera thought of the team instead of himself there we probably wouldn't have been in that position.

He knows that ;)

Jose.

"Punished by our mistakes in an easy match to win.Childish mistakes to give the ball away".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Been saying this for years but that team is missing a real leader some one to control things.

Like wtf was going on when smalling got injured.

Need someone to grab players and call them out on there **** out there on thr pitch. It's no good afterwards when it's to late.

Oh jesus what I'd do for another Roy Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Players don't look happy at the moment for some reason. Lindeloff just not good enough. We need a new top class CB, left back, CM, two wingers this summer.

• Advertisement

I hit post before I finished my post, lol.
    Fixed now.

So did Jesse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Even more sickening is the fact City are even more guaranteed to win the league after that and it's not even Xmas yet. They deserve it. They kill games off viciously. We get one goal ahead and we sit back with 10 men behind the ball. Cowards

Been saying this for years but that team is missing a real leader some one to control things.

Like wtf was going on when smalling got injured.

Need someone to grab players and call them out on there **** out there on thr pitch. It's no good afterwards when it's to late.

Oh jesus what I'd do for another Roy Keane.

I agree but I think leaders in football are really scarce now. Years ago every top team had one stand out leader I don't think same can be said for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Players don't look happy at the moment for some reason. Lindeloff just not good enough. We need a new top class CB, left back, CM, two wingers this summer.

Wouldnt go that far, martial and lingard missed two golden chances, they need replacing also?

Julez wrote: »
    This is exactly what we needed, Rashford actually the only player with the cop on to do it. He gave the ball to Matic who gave it away straight away. We didn't need to attack, we didn't need to put any more pressure on our defense - inviting a counter attack, we just needed to hold it up for 5 minutes.

It was an easy ball to put Lukaku straight through on goal. What’s wrong with taking chances when they present themselves?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement