Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Players don't look happy at the moment for some reason. Lindeloff just not good enough. We need a new top class CB, left back, CM, two wingers this summer.

Hows he not good enough?

Marital/lingard miss from a few yds out.

Rashford makes horrif descions.

Matic passes the ball to the Leicester defense in front of goal.

All these players making awful awful mistakes

and linde is the problem?

If Jesus followed united, he'd have wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What’s worse than that? I can’t find the remote to turn off Jamie redknapp and I’m stuck with a sleeping baby in my arms :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Even more sickening is the fact City are even more guaranteed to win the league after that and it's not even Xmas yet. They deserve it. They kill games off viciously. We get one goal ahead and we sit back with 10 men behind the ball. Cowards

In fairness we should have scored 5 tonight. We got done because of our wasteful finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

The only critiscm I'll have for Jose is his decision to make Pogba captain. A true captain would have sorted that ****fest at the end out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Another day we win that game 4-1. Far too many players were causal today and it showed in the last 10mins. We were cruising, but some idiotic play cost us. Why wasn't the back line organised? Why is our injured defender marking their big man? Just brain dead today and it's bloody comical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Drumpot wrote: »
    I wouldn’t blame Jose. Wasn’t his fault the team blew this.... Not one leader in the defence when it mattered. Wasted chances up front. Lukaku can’t be blamed either , he could of had 2 assists.

No but again he has to take some of the blame. Why did we drop so deep when they were a man down?

I hit post before I finished my post, lol.
    Fixed now.

just like Lingard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Well that would make a man choke on his christmas turkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

dropped 2 points against 10 men ffs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Jose very calm at the end. I get a sense he knows who needs to get rid of. I fully expect this team to be heavily added to in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’ve forgotten about City already. It was th chasing pack I had my eyes on tonight. Was a nice opportunity to open a bit of a back and we blew it.

We are starting to look more and more like Arsenal character wise.

Also i said it only a few days ago, our attack is not as good as people think it is. Should have scored about 6 goals tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

jayo26 wrote: »
    I agree but I think leaders in football are really scarce now. Years ago every top team had one stand out leader I don't think same can be said for now.

Ya exactly I really do think it's a modern football /society thing.

If you look down the lower league and how those teams play they might not have the flash and pure skill but jesus they have heart.

When **** hits fan they might not be good enough technically but jesus they don't go down without fight.

That's massively lacking in a lot the top tiers of football.

To much money to much hype arrogance etc.

You don't have players that play for pride in club s anymore mostly now it's players playing for themselves and there egos and wallets.

Just seeing some of Jose's comments and he is bloody furious. I don't understand why people blame the manager, this result is on our idiotic squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

:pac: ffs he’s started, have a good Christmas lads

The only critiscm I'll have for Jose is his decision to make Pogba captain. A true captain would have sorted that ****fest at the end out.

The only one who has the mentality is matic.

but i don't know if he's vocal to the players i can't recall him giving out too much. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What happened at the end is really because of what came before.

Rashford fluffing another one on one. The team wasting more chances on the break.

Even Martial missed one he would normally bury but as he rarely misses I forgive it.

All after letting them get their perfect goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

astradave wrote:
    What’s worse than that? I can’t find the remote to turn off Jamie redknapp and I’m stuck with a sleeping baby in my arms

Wake the baby and knock him off, you'll be better off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

bangkok wrote: »
    No but again he has to take some of the blame. Why did we drop so deep when they were a man down?

Dropping deep and counter attacking was not a bad call IMO as I’ve sent uniyed do that plenty of times in the past and it work Out good.. As stated if united had of taken the ridiculous chances they had, we wouldn’t be talking about it! Had the players on the pitch sorted out the Smalling situation , we prob wouldn’t be talking about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Jose very calm at the end. I get a sense he knows who needs to get rid of. I fully expect this team to be heavily added to in the summer

I hope so and im fully behind him here, but i want some players going the other way as well if he plans to replace. Some players are just woeful, and i'll throw my hat out here, i wouldnt have lindelof on the list to go. There are players we have here longer who have regressed under jose. Doesnt make them either a bad player/manager its just that the style/system just clashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jose cant take any blame for tonight apparently

I love blaming José. I can't stand him. It's not his fault tonight though.

Honestly, the players went a bit rogue.

Rashford seems to have lost his head the last couple of weeks I've watched him. His decision making is in the toilet.

José saw what was coming. From about 5 minutes from the end he was out of his seat giving out yards to his team, remonstrating quite obviously to concentrate and tighten up. He knew they weren't on it.

Jones was trying to get that fullback slot filled but he wasn't listened to.

The players didn't think Leicester were getting back in it. Leicester's goal was from a moment of stupidity from Jones and Utd dominated. Utd just switched off when against 10, and assumed the game was won. There was no effort to waste time, no taking it into the corner, and no conviction in the counters. Midfield also got emptied on those counters - very anti-José.

The players need to look at themselves. The manager can't be at fault for everything that goes wrong.

Also i said it only a few days ago, our attack is not as good as people think it is. Should have scored about 6 goals tonight

And yet before tonight they had converted 7 of the last 14 chances or someth8nf like that.

You are desperate to price yourself right and can’t change your opinion at all for fear of being wrong and it was no surprise to see you thanking Deaddonkeys post.

Also weren’t you complaint before tonight that weren’t actually creating too many chances and just happened to be taking the few we had?

Flip flopping as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is Jose much better than Moyes?

Is Jose much better than Moyes?

Is this a serious question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

limnam wrote: »
    Hows he not good enough?

Marital/lingard miss from a few yds out.

Rashford makes horrif descions.

Matic passes the ball to the Leicester defense in front of goal.

All these players making awful awful mistakes

and linde is the problem?

If Jesus followed united, he'd have wept.

Because I've watched every game. He has not strong qualities, not strong, not aggressive, certainly not great at reading the game. Probably Evans standard.

Lots more money to be spent! A lot more.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    And yet before tonight they had converted 7 of the last 14 chances or someth8nf like that.

You are desperate to price yourself right and can’t change your opinion at all for fear of being wrong and it was no surprise to see you thanking Deaddonkeys post.

Also weren’t you complaint before tonight that weren’t actually creating too many chances and just happened to be taking the few we had?

Flip flopping as usual.

Incorrect. You were banging on about us being 2nd highest scorers in the league as some sort of proof of us being class up top when in reality we have been poor for the past few months up top and tonight was further proof of us being limited enough in attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Is this a serious question?

No. I am bored and wanted to stoke a fire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

UGeYzSV.jpg

Because I've watched every game. He has not strong qualities, not strong, not aggressive, certainly not great at reading the game. Probably Evans standard.

Lots more money to be spent! A lot more.

Yet you only pick out his mistakes in the game bar the ones mentioned above...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That "Rashford has appeared in every game this season" stat better end on St. Stephens Day.

Has to be dropped.

Edit: That pic above, Christ. Stroll into the corner, you idiot!

• Advertisement

Yet you only pick out his mistakes in the game bar the ones mentioned above...

You're entitled to think he is up to top standard. I don't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lord TSC wrote: »

Did the ball bobble or something? To make him check his stride?

If not, that was absolutely shocking.

More alarming though is herrera was in vocal disagreement over positioning with both lukaku and later, the more crucial one, Phil Jones.

Incorrect. You were banging on about us being 2nd highest scorers in the league as some sort of proof of us being class up top when in reality we have been poor for the past few months up top and tonight was further proof of us being limited enough in attack

I wasn’t banging on. I was provid8ng facts when you were spouting nonsense about the team being too defensive.

You are unbelievable. It’s Christmas. I’m not getting involved with the likes of you. There’s holding different opinions and then there’s your flip flopping, see I was right, moving goal post type posting.

I don't see it.

That's not surprising really.

limnam wrote: »
    That's not surprising really.

Haha just so I don't agree with you.

He's world class, best defender of all time really. Hard to believe he has surpassed Vidic and Rio already.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Turtwig wrote: »

More alarming though is herrera was in vocal disagreement over positioning with both lukaku and later, the more crucial one, Phil Jones.

Iirc, he controlled it and then just kinda stopped. Should have passed OR run to the corner. Did neither.

Agreed on Herrera too. There something wrong with his head this season and it's a massive issue.

Haha just so I don't agree with you.

He's world class, best defender of all time really. Hard to believe he has surpassed Vidic and Rio already.

Now you're been silly.

lets move on.

And look I know I’m go8ng to be accused of having a go at Pogba but where is he in all this? He’s the captain on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Was absolutely stupid from Herrera, should've just shut up and taken one for the sake of a few minutes to see the game out.

You're entitled to think he is up to top standard. I don't see it.

Didnt say that and your avoiding the fact other players had a bad game, but he should be given more time like mikiT has been given and has been dissapointing. Smalling, jones and rojo when they first came in had the same scrutiny when thry first came to united. The guy hasnt even a year under him at united and youwant a quick sale and spend millions on a new defender whose could be worse.
    He has qualities there which is easy to see and he had a good fanr after the game.

As another poster said a few pages back, it's easier to be called on his faults when everyone is just waiting for him to slip but commend the guy when he has a good game

Edit
    And jones was just as fault for the goal

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    I wasn’t banging on. I was provid8ng facts when you were spouting nonsense about the team being too defensive.

You are unbelievable. It’s Christmas. I’m not getting involved with the likes of you. There’s holding different opinions and then there’s your flip flopping, see I was right, moving goal post type posting.

Yea whatever.

We have been poor since the liverpool game and havent recovered imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Yea whatever.

We have been poor since the liverpool game and havent recovered imo

Forms change. Tonight utd should have won comfortably. If they had no one would be questioning it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Iirc, he controlled it and then just kinda stopped. Should have passed OR run to the corner. Did neither.

Agreed on Herrera too. There something wrong with his head this season and it's a massive issue.

Maybe Herrara isn't as good as we think he is? Maybe we have all built him up as a top midfielder when in reality he is one of the reasons the club has languished behind others?

Didnt say that and your avoiding the fact other players had a bad game, but he should be given more time like mikiT has been given and has been dissapointing. Smalling, jones and rojo when they first came in had the same scrutiny when thry first came to united. The guy hasnt even a year under him at united and youwant a quick sale and spend millions on a new defender whose could be worse.
    He has qualities there which is easy to see and he had a good fanr after the game.

As another poster said a few pages back, it's easier to be called on his faults when everyone is just waiting for him to slip but commend the guy when he has a good game

Edit
    And jones was just as fault for the goal

I'm not talking about other players, I'm talking just about Lindeloff. I can make a judgement based on what I've seen so far, there is no arbitrary set period that you have to wait to do that once you've seen a good sample of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Again fellaini would make a big difference for us

I'm not talking about other players, I'm talking just about Lindeloff. I can make a judgement based on what I've seen so far, there is no arbitrary set period that you have to wait to do that once you've seen a good sample of games.

He’s made 16 appearances for the club so far. Tonight was only his 8th appearance in the premier league.

Forms change. Tonight utd should have won comfortably. If they had no one would be questioning it.

But thats my whole point, they havent been ruthless for months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I assume you would have got rid of Evra and Vidic also.

But thats my whole point, they havent been ruthless for months

We craved them open numerous times tonight, on another day we win this by 3-4 goals.

• Advertisement

edgecutter wrote: »
    We craved them open numerous times tonight, on another day we win this by 3-4 goals.

Yes but we didnt, thats what im saying!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement