Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    Right...24 hours is enough of me being nice.....where’s Bangkok??(joke)

Still in bed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Still in bed..

With fellaini's sister

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Is todays game on any TV channel ?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Xenophile wrote: »

NBC SN :)

Bein sport 11 if your in egypt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bein sports 11

Andy grey
    Ian rush
    Dwight Yorke
    Richard keys

Are now talking about José and recent results! Yorkie telling us about Sir Alex frustrations with some aspects of the current team

No Uk channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jayo26 wrote: »

ﺷﻜﺮﺍﹰ

Yes I am in Egypt.

I am in The Nile.

For slow learners, DENIAL of just how bad the team has been recently.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Yes I am in Egypt.

I am in The Nile.

For slow learners, DENIAL of just how bad the team has been recently.

Yawwwn

• Advertisement

Yawwwn[/QUOTE

Correct spelling is Yau,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IN

Yawwwn

Correct spelling is Yau,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IN

This above post is not how to correctly format a quote in response to someone. Dont worry. I fixed it in my post.

I love when people fuck up trying to talk down to someone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Safe to say selling kane now would probably cover the cost of the stadium for spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MrMac84 wrote: »
    You need a new local! Any pub in this day and age with out access to all matchs doesn’t deserve your custom

It's not my local,country pub near the missus's inlaws.

News out of Inter via Armenia that they are in talks with Mikhitryan's agent about a transfer for him.

It's not my local,country pub near the missus's inlaws.

New missus then?

One with better located inlaws to allow for constant United viewing :D

Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It would be our luck to buy Kane for 200 million and see him struggle without the top class Eriksen and Son supplying him.

News out of Inter via Armenia that they are in talks with Mikhitryan's agent about a transfer for him.

Swap deal for Persîc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Kane will be like Shearer his team will never win the league but he will break records but would always do more with us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Kane will be like Shearer his team will never win the league but he will break records but would always do more with us

With us? That’s a bold statement at present.

I think it was fairly obvious that United were going to be the dominant force for years to come when Shearer decided to go to Newcastle. Now, not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

shearer did win the league though....

Utd and Spurs are hardly worlds apart atm. He probably needs to go elsewhere to win top silverware imo.

kane hat-trick

phenomenal

limnam wrote: »
    shearer did win the league though....

Not with Newcastle who paid so much for him had he have come to us he'd have 6 medals on top of that 1 fluke. ;)

kane hat-trick

phenomenal

Do have to wonder what will happen with him. Even if Spurs do get 4th offers of much higher wages will come in and his head could easily turn.

• Advertisement

Not with Newcastle who paid so much for him had he have come to us he'd have 6 medals on top of that 1 fluke. ;)

Has he ever been vocal about any regrets?

I think the fact he had a PL medal in his back pocket it was an easier thing to do.

His loyalty is the one few things about him as a person that has to be admired.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Do have to wonder what will happen with him. Even if Spurs do get 4th offers of much higher wages will come in and his head could easily turn.

True, people said the same last year though.

I think the only fear is if they don't make CL next year.

Ibra and lukaku starring

IMG_20171226_140330.jpg

Looks like zlatan is number 10 maybe.

Mata wide and Ibra @10 or Mata @10 and Lukaku wide with Ibra cf?

Where’s Martial?

Martial injured?

Nice to see shaw getting a start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How the fùck does Rashford get a start after the other night?

J. Marston wrote: »

if we were dropping players who played badly the other night we'd be fielding the reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No Martial in the squad. Disappointing as I think he is just starting to build up a head of steam.

Shaw gets a start! Rojo at the back always makes me nervous. Ibra and Lukaku in the starting line up along with Mata and Rashford.

If Rashford is playing from the left as you’d expect, that’s going to be some pace on that side with himself and Shaw. Not so much on the right with Young and Mata.

If Ibra is playing just behind Lukaku as you’d expect then you’d expect his excellent hold up play and distribution to bring Mata into the game.

Midfield unbalanced as ever with just Matic and Pogba but hopefully enough to get past Burnley.

Ibra will kick the (insert here) out of him if he pulls another trick like the other night is why I'd guess. Strong team looking to put this one away as soon as.

if we were dropping players who played badly the other night we'd be fielding the reserves.

Totally agree a response to bad performance doesn't always have to be to drop the player it's down t9 the manager to know how to react to the player and what he needs and martial wasn't exactly a shining light either.

I hang my head in Shame at ever thinking that if De Gea went to Real that time that I’d take lloris instead they aren’t in the same league

Ander dropped to bench

Martial isn’t in the squad and it’s usually one or their other.

Jones starts as well who was appalling the other night. Numerous others....

I’d say Rashford will run them ragged today with Shaw behind him. His decision making has been awful the last couple of weeks for whatever reason but that’s not the norm for him. He’s a pretty intelligent footballer so hopefully has his head screwed on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ander dropped to bench

Didn't he start on the bench last time out aswell?

Ander dropped to bench

Not really. He hasn’t been starting and didn’t start the other night either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wanted Kane a couple of seasons back, I remember some saying he only had one good season and £50 million was too much to pay.
    It proves teams need to take risks.
    Kane at United would have us challenging Man City.
    Look at our last game, the supply wasn’t the issue, it was how bad the players who got clear chances were with wasting them. Kane is normally very clinical, and will take a clear cut chance 9 times out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Exciting attacking XI but seems even more unbalanced than usual. Let's hope it works out.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I wanted Kane a couple of seasons back, I remember some saying he only had one good season and £50 million was too much to pay.
    Look at our last game, the supply wasn’t the issue, it was how bad the players who got clear chances were with wasting them. Kane is normally very clinical, and will take a clear cut chance 9 times out of 10.

Unless its September. I find that quirk amusing.

He’s a work class player and would improve most teams but to be fair during the week wasn’t the norm and a bit of an anomaly. Our conversion to chance rate is pretty high I’d suspect.

adox wrote: »
    He’s a work class player and would improve most teams but to be fair during the week wasn’t the norm and a bit of an anomaly. Our conversion to chance rate is pretty high I’d suspect.

Best in the league actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

But none of those chances fell to our striker who was having an excellent game and had scored in his last couple of games, I don't believe your point is really valid. Why would any of Rashords/Lingards/Martials chances have fallen to Kane if he had been there instead of Lukaku?

Our chance conversion has been good this year, especially compared to last season, I doubt Kane would have made much difference to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Actually surprised ow much people are getting into Rashford after the other night. Inexperienced payer makes mistakes, fans jump all over him and call for him to be dropped. I'd hope the fans in the stadium back him a bit more than some in here. Beggars belief that we are expecting him to never have stinkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Actually surprised ow much people are getting into Rashford after the other night. Inexperienced payer makes mistakes, fans jump all over him and call for him to be dropped. I'd hope the fans in the stadium back him a bit more than some in here. Beggars belief that we are expecting him to never have stinkers.

It wasn't just because of mistakes, its because those mistakes were rooted in a certain amount of unprofessional thinking. ****ing about in other words.

We have actually seen this from the team before in many situations, they can get very sloppy at times when in the lead and its something that needs to be rooted out.

Believe it or not but Rashford is hovering around 100 appearances now for us he is not so much the new kid on the block anymore he is still developing and so is martial so they are allowed some slack.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement