Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

GSPfan wrote: »
    I should never say this mid game but Lindelof has been very reliable since he got himself in the team. The idea that we bought a dud has faded.

tbh it was a very small minority of people who thought he was a dud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Get mikiT off the pitch

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And it's Shaw, Shaw to Rashford, to Lingard to Mkhit....and Southampton have it again...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

And another bad cross,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Awful cross again from Mhiki. Just bin him and recall Andreas.

And sign a right winger. That'd do for January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

One good cross from miki but fuk me the rest of them are atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Pitiful stuff from Mickey and then Rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

BenK wrote: »
    Mkhitaryan devoid of any confidence whatsoever.

Not having a go at you here at all but I honestly hate that notion when it’s used to explain why a player is absolutely muck (Which you haven’t done). You are right his confidence is gone but that’s a symptom of the problem and not the cause. Imo.
    He is getting himself into every position possible to do something then messes it up. I see that more of a lack of concentration and probably bad preparation for a game. His intelligence to realise he should go back to basics is what I question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Keep this ****e up and spurs and Liverpool will be overtaking us soon

• Advertisement

• jayo26 wrote: »
    One good cross from miki but fuk me the rest of them are atrocious.

Eh Pogba

Mata is trying his best to pick up the pace a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Not having a go at you here at all but I honestly hate that notion when it’s used to explain why a player is absolutely muck (Which you haven’t done). You are right his confidence is gone but that’s a symptom of the problem and not the cause. Imo.
    He is getting himself into every position possible to do something then messes it up. I see that more of a lack of concentration and probably bad preparation for a game. His intelligence to realise he should go back to basics is what I question.

Just on this, Mkhitaryan is studying law and plans to become a practicing barrister when he gets home to Armenia. Pop psychology aside, I reckon he is one of the most intelligent players in the team.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Eh Pogba

I ment the rest of his crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Keep this ****e up and spurs and Liverpool will be overtaking us soon

It’s been poor enough but it’s only half time like.

A tad hyperbolic.

Fair fùcks Mata. McQueen is taking about 90 seconds per throw in. Twice the ref has pushed him back. Tryin to run down the left before he throws the ball in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Very poor first half from us. Our form of late has been slipping big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Another septic 45 mins. Chelsea over take us today so far unless we win, the way we playing liverpool arsenal and spurs will all pass us out.

Massive 45 min ahead

THATS the half time whistle?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Fair fùcks Mata. McQueen is taking about 90 seconds per throw in. Twice the ref has pushed him back. Tryin to run down the left before he throws the ball in.

United have been booked twice this season in the two games we have wasted time. Watch Southampton do it with impunity until the ref literally has no other choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Horrible half of football .

We're going to be tumbling down the table playing like that.

Hope Jose batters them but then again we've been saying that for the past couple of games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

limnam wrote: »
    tbh it was a very small minority of people who thought he was a dud.

I also think it shows a lot of character for a guy so young not to let his few early slip ups get to him and to keep his composure. The pressure/expectation could easily have got to him - Jose deserves credit also for not throwing him in at the deep end and giving him time to settle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What is the ref playing at there, that's like some serious basic schoolboy level of refereeing errors haha

This team can be criminally wasteful in the final third and it's evident again. No guile, no nouse, no ideas. We look best when playing lightning fast without time to think, because when we slow down, it's just nothing football that is throwing wet sponges at a tank.

Need to play faster, much faster.

Mhiki has me roaring at my TV, so wasteful. Not sure I overly blame him, what he is going on the left is beyond me, and he just looks abject and void of any confidence.

Final third just looks a mess. Mata,Mhiki and Lingaard roaming in the same positions, Rashford with a chance up front, just playing on the last shoulder where there no room for him, needs to show short, but our middle of the pitch is packed. Just playing into Southamptons hands to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fecking ref blows up when we are in possession in the Southampton box. I think Pawson hates us.A clear pen not given and he sent Jose to the stands last time for kicking over a plastic bottle.

Jose deserves credit also for not throwing him in at the deep end and giving him time to settle.

Thank god he's obviously just past that part in the managerial handbook :pac:

Quandary wrote: »
    Very poor first half from us. Our form of late has been slipping big time.

Just slipping back into the kind of stuff we saw last season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Dreadful tripe altogether..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Oh I agree, I definitely wouldn't use his lack of confidence let him get off the hook. Tbh at this stage I don't think he has the mentality to succeed at United. The signs have been there from the moment he signed really.

Hargreaves seems to have more confidence in Mickey then Mickey has in himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Horrible half of football .

We're going to be tumbling down the table playing like that.

Hope Jose batters them but then again we've been saying that for the past couple of games

To be honest I'm at the point of if your not watching these home games and the mess of the attack, I don't know what more is required to reveal Jose as a part of the problem here.

This is as disjointed and messy, in terms of recent weeks if not months of the team attacking, than anytime under Van Gaal. And that's not being dramatic, it's so blatantly all over the place it's unbelievably frustrating to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Wasn't a penalty."

Explain the exact same situation that happened in midfield and was given as a free then.

• Advertisement

Just on this, Mkhitaryan is studying law and plans to become a practicing barrister when he gets home to Armenia. Pop psychology aside, I reckon he is one of the most intelligent players in the team.

Ahhhh come off it with that response. His intelligence in the subjects he is studying is not in question. There is plenty of uneducated football geniuses on the pitch. No link whatsoever to general or subject intelligence and football intelligence.
    I’m sure his intelligence is excellent but playing outside of the foot passes when an inside of the foot pass is a safer option is a bad idea when you are struggling.

Sounds like luk is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Ya Jose just reached that chapter on coaching for dummies can't wait till he finishes it to see what else we stumble across

Me too. He's quite a predictable coach.

Ahhhh come off it with that response. His intelligence in the subjects he is studying is not in question. There is plenty of uneducated football geniuses on the pitch. No link whatsoever to general or subject intelligence and football intelligence.
    I’m sure his intelligence is excellent but playing outside of the foot passes when an inside of the foot pass is a safer option is a bad idea when you are struggling.
    I was being kind to you tbh. Your post was as nonsense as it gets. Lazy criticisms based on unknowable assumptions which is the stock-in-trade of armchair pundits up and down the land. Better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Swap positions of Lingard and Miki. At least give Miki a chance of ten minutes or so in the middle.

Me too. He's quite a predictable coach.

Fairly predictable all right.

Always winning things.

Such a bad habit for a manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Dave <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Rashford is unable to use his pace effectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

De Gea's feet nearly as important as his hands when making saves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We'll probably see 18 replays of that Young incident and he'll probably get a ban but nothing for Barry and Ghazi for kicking and stamping De Gea recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

What on earth is going on?? We look even worse that in the 1st half. Very lucky not to be behind

That was scummy by Ashley young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not very wise for Ashley to do that. We're already short at full back area, we don't need him to get a ban.

Rashford is unable to use his pace effectively.

That wasn't a rashford problem.

The ball didn't have enough pace on it.

Fairly predictable all right.

Always winning things.

Such a bad habit for a manager

Well his personnel, formation and tactics are all fairly predictable in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I was being kind to you tbh. Your post was as nonsense as it gets. Lazy criticisms based on unknowable assumptions which is the stock-in-trade of armchair pundits up and down the land. Better?

Perfect.

Well his personnel, formation and tactics are all fairly predictable in my opinion.

If it was so predictable it should be easy for teams to stop him winning things

but they don't

So while it's your opinion.

It's not one that holds much water.

What manager DOESN'T have preferred formation/tactics/personnel?

If it was so predictable it should be easy for teams to stop him winning things

but they don't

So while it's your opinion.

It's not one that holds much water.

We're out of this year's title race before Christmas and Bristol knocked us out of the league cup.

pjohnson wrote: »
    What manager DOESN'T have preferred formation/tactics/personnel?

PEP!! >3

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement