Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Woeful period during the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Headshot wrote: »
    Martial keeps going to the outside.

it's so ****ing predictable

Be careful using that word in here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There are a lot of people that still don't know it, and probably never will. Dozens of games just like this one and they still can't figure it out.

Like, years on and it's still evident the players don't know how to break down a packed box. Can have any manager ye want, but that team don't know how to break down a parked bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

bangkok wrote: »
    Sick of jose now. **** off

From the boos ringing out around the ground it seems most people at OT agree with you BKK.

Bit premature, Jose is building a team, he just needs more time.

Phil Neville saying he's worried Utd won't make top 4. Can't see that happening unless Jose loses the dressing room again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

That was unbelievably bad. Like really fcuking bad from start to finish. What the fcuk has happened to them. Can't even beat Southampton. A team who got battered by Spurs last weekend. Fcuking disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Players just dont seem interested since the league is over.

Could do with adding one or two of the youth players to the match day squad going forward.

They would show some fight to keep their place and it might just spread to the other players as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Shocking stuff. Is it me or did things start to fall apart when Jose starting flirting openly with PSG? To be honest, lost a lot of faith in him when he did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

mmmm now where is that "Mourhinos is a busted flush" thread, needs resurrecting me thinks

Actual grown up adult who spends time on the internet engaged in a war with rival fans alert!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

From the boos ringing out around the ground it seems most people at OT agree with you BKK.

Phil Neville saying he's worried Utd won't make top 4. Can't see that happening unless Jose loses the dressing room again.

He is building nothing, calling players childish last week, slagging supporters a few weeks ago, getting digs in at the board yesterday, he is digging his own grave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pathetic effort. We are in a real slump. Characterless.

I don’t give a bollocking about who started and how reliable they may or may not be. This is ****ing Southampton Burnley etc.

Jose has to tak a lot of blame as well. I mean how can you constantly sit so deep at home when out of possession. So ****ing timid.

I don’t want to hear any excuses from Jose. It was absolute muck. There seems to be no level we can’t be drawn down to by the opposition at the moment.

We are going backwards at a rate of knots the last few weeks.

I’m very worried right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Really, Liverpool 3 points behind now and if Spurs and Arsenal win they will only be 4 points. It's gonna be tight between Pool,Spurs and Utd for top 4.

Chelsea are there I reckon and I don't think Arsenal have the bottle for it

3 into 2 doesn't go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Absolute ****ing dirt. Very few of those players have the heart or character to wear that jersey . People talk about martial and rashford as if they are superstars. They are overrated and been very average for a long time. People say they need time to develop but we need world class players for now . Would they get on the city psg real Barca Liverpool Chelsea and spurs teams . A big fat ****in no. And pogba an 89m player you must ****in joking . He's a ****in waster . A perfect example of modern day football marketing. All flash no substance . That team needs to be ripped up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Things have been going this way for a long time it’s just a lot of fans had their heads firmly in the sand.

We will be fighting for 4th in the end, no doubt about it.

With the squad Chelsea have and the players Liverpool have to come in we are in major trouble looking towards next season, I’d have us 4th favs for a title behind those two and on a separate planet to City. Utterly depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Shocking stuff. Is it me or did things start to fall apart when Jose starting flirting openly with PSG? To be honest, lost a lot of faith in him when he did that.

Yep. Totally agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Worst performance in years, i mean shockingly bad, all sideway passing, absolutely nothing offered going forward. All outfield players were ****e, disgraceful performance. Im actually shocked how lazy and pedestrian they were tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Everything was wrong in that match. The tactics, the formation, the attitude of the majority of the players... A complete sh1t show from top to bottom.

That performance, considering it was in our own back yard, was an embarrassment.its not even like Southampton had to bust their balls to hang on for the draw. If we played for another 90 mins I'd say they could have held out.

Worrying stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Were just not good enough at the minute. What's more worrying is I wouldn't have a clue how to shake things up.

Fingers crossed a new signing or two gets us playing again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pogba was poor. Mkhitaryan was woeful.

Everyone else was meh, except De Gea and Lindelof who both played well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'll be digsusted if Luke Shaw ever gets a Utd jersey again,up their with the worst ever performances i've seen from one of our players, has no positional sense at all, keeps trying to beat men and just loses the ball, passes worse than me.
    Quite simply has to go, his list of excuses has run out :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Might be more entertainment than watching another draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

When he bottled it against Liverpool the team lost all its momentum and hasn’t got it back.

PSG stuff didn’t help either.

If this was a team down near the bottom you’d question if the manager has lost the dressing room so pedestrian was he play. Couldn’t believe it at times.

Defo think José needs to **** or get off the pot. If he’s not swooning for PAG then clear out this squad starting this window, generate funds and build a team to properly challenge for things

Seems we are afraid losing players or annoying fans than building properly. And that means everyone. Rashford,Martial ,Mata, Mhiki. Are these players going to work in a José team, if not sell them or loan some, generate cash and go get what you need.

Easier said than done but he needs to go find two wide players to utilize a 4-3-3. Pogba and Matic look brutal in a two. Pogba way too deep all too often trying to then bridge about 30 yards to Lingard or our 10.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

There are a lot of people that still don't know it, and probably never will. Dozens of games just like this one and they still can't figure it out.

In the summer, how many players did you say needed to be replaced, 7 was it? You were scolded.

And here we are, another bad performance from the team when a few players are injured but the fixtures are kind.

That was bad in lots of ways, but basic mistakes and poor choices are the most annoying.

I fear a Liverpool like decline is on the cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

That was awful.

Can't believe how that right flank was completely vacated, José should have had Jessie or Mata stretching the pitch. Tactics were ****e today.

Pogba anonymous and has been since that Arsenal game, wtf was he doing hanging out on the right wing for the last 15 minutes. It's precisely the type of game where you need you "best player" to demand the ball and make something happen as usual when the chips are down he's nowhere to be found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Another poor performance. Slow predictable build up play allowing Southhampton defence to get organised.

The amount of times there was opportunities for an over lap and what happens ball is played square and back. So frustrating. Players trying to beat 3/4 players instead of an early cross.

Reminded me of Van Gaal being in charge

I'll be digsusted if Luke Shaw ever gets a Utd jersey again,up their with the worst ever performances i've seen from one of our players, has no positional sense at all, keeps trying to beat men and just loses the ball, passes worse than me.
    Quite simply has to go, his list of excuses has run out :mad:

What about trot around like a pony Pogba? He's not a centre midfielder. No fúcking way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Disgrace . We are in a dog right now for top four

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Weren't you telling us the other day that you weren't arsed watching the second half of the match? If that is worth us all knowing about, then anything is pal.

Yep but I don't see the similarities really.

I wasn't arsed watching the second half but people snootily posting they're off because they seemingly think their opinions are vastly superior and we don't deserve to be treated to them for a few days is a bit arrogant, in my opinion. That's the impression I get anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Like, years on and it's still evident the players don't know how to break down a packed box. Can have any manager ye want, but that team don't know how to break down a parked bus.

Makes no sense that they know how to park the bus but don't know how to deal with it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nalz wrote: »
    Pogba was poor. Mkhitaryan was woeful.

Everyone else was meh, except De Gea and Lindelof who both played well.

Yeah Pogba was poor. I was lambasted earlier in the season(or was it last season) for saying that we shouldn’t be using not having Pogba playing as an excuse for not beating these ****e teams. Can easily happen(and has in the past) with him in the team.

Lindelof did play well. Shaw has a decent 70 minutes and then went to ****e.

Worrying thing is we have another game in 48 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Zlatan injured and out for a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Nalz wrote: »
    What about trot around like a pony Pogba? He's not a centre midfielder. No fúcking way.

Pogba as captain you think would show a bit of fight or desire during this period to try and get things going. What the **** is he doing as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Well I thought Pogba pinged the ball around better than any United midfielder since Scholes retired. It was the other ol'yawns up front that systematically under-perform that were the bigger issue. I mean can Jose not see that Mkhi wasn't exactly on top form down the left and not switch him over to his more natural right side?

It's ironic how United fans are quick to slate the VVD price-tag, but yet throw out Pogba's one willy nilly too every time he doesn't produce a Keane in Turin performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Really?

This again?

Lukaku can't direct a header because his boss said PSG have a lot of money?

Miki can't kick snow of a rope because Jose things PSG have a bigger cheque book?

I guess the ref's poor descion was directly related to Jose flirting with PSG

Are you kidding me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yep but I don't see the similarities really.

I wasn't arsed watching the second half but people snootily posting they're off because they seemingly think their opinions are vastly superior and we don't deserve to be treated to them for a few days is a bit arrogant, in my opinion. That's the impression I get anyway.
    You decided to tell us that you were turning your TV off because you didn't want to watch ****e, people decided to tell us that they are unsubbing from this thread because they don't want to read ****e. Do you see how it relates now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

LVG was bad tactics Jose missing so many important players we have speed but no real muscle with Fellaini Valencia and Bailly the team is missing out, creativity from Carrick is missing too. Hope he gives Wilson a runout soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

limnam wrote: »
    Really?

This again?

Lukaku can't direct a header because his boss said PSG have a lot of money?

Miki can't kick snow of a rope because Jose things PSG have a bigger cheque book?

I guess the ref's poor descion was directly related to Jose flirting with PSG

Are you kidding me?

What poor decision.

What poor decision.

The handball for the blatant peno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

This has been building up for months. We have been playing crap since the liverpool game. Dont really know why it is such a shock now. Mourinho has sucked all the life out of the players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Big Sam must be licking his lips.

Nobody can come in and call it "lazy posting" when criticising Pogba. He gives fúck all from a defensive point of view... Yeah he has the odd nice touch and the shagging Hollywood quarter back ball, yes he's tall and strong... But that's not what playing in midfield is all about.

He's not good enough, or hasn't been giving enough, or a bit of both.

Will Mourinho lose his job if we don't get top 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

What poor decision.

Agree. Did not see any poor decisions. And if there was one poor decision, and you are moaning about it at home to Southampton, well that says it all IMO.

Agree. Did not see any poor decisions. And if there was one poor decision, and you are moaning about it at home to Southampton, well that says it all IMO.

I'm not moaning about it

Just wondering if Jose flirting with PSG caused the ref to make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    This has been building up for months. We have been playing crap since the liverpool game. Dont really know why it is such a shock now. Mourinho has sucked all the life out of the players

Sack him then..bring in a new manager.. he will still have to gut the squad and bring in his own players.. how long will you give him? Who would you realistically bring in?

I suppose you will be saying “give it to giggseh”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Tylerdurex wrote: »

One would have to assume that CL qualification is the minimum expectation, with the financial backing he has received then not getting it this year is a sackable offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Major problem for me with this team, in my opinion, is the lack of willingness for players to come closer to the player with the ball and offer a short option. Not sure if this comes from the management or the players themselves. How many times do we see Pogba or Matic get the ball and no United player within 20 yards. It's no coincidence we seem to play such a rushed, direct style. This then is easier for opposition teams to counter because their midfield ends up sitting deeper and restricting the amount of pockets of space to work an attack from. Hence we so often see the ball go out wide to our full backs and swing in a cross. Rinse and repeat.

In a game at home like that, Matic also does not need to be dropping deep to take the ball off the centre halves with no one around. Lindelof should be carrying it forward and letting Pogba and Matic operate 20/30 yards further and be pulling their midfield out of shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Tylerdurex wrote: »

Yikes. Be careful, you’ll be mauled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Feels like the BT panel might let fly on José. Might watch their football review thing.

At a point you must put yourself in the boards shoes and watch that, or what’s been happening for ages, and wonder do you actually trust this fella with the few hundred million he will be asking for.

Club screaming out for a director of football to protect the club in terms of player acquisitions.

Just no plan. No idea. Manager day for six months watching Van Gaals public stay of execution and you’d think he’d know exactly what needs doing. Year and a half later and he’s still figuring it out.

Team really needs to come back in the new year with a new reinvigorated mood. There is so many positives this season. The Cl is still to come. Manager and players need to arrest this form pr it will become unbearably toxic.

Hearing the OT fans boo is significant for me. Now it needs to turn around and fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

limnam wrote: »
    I'm not moaning about it

Just wondering if Jose flirting with PSG caused the ref to make it.

Nobody has said that. The question asked was if things started to fall apart around that point. I think it's a fair question.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement