Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    LOL, Liverpool fans never fail to amuse

quote="BorneTobyWilde;105699987"]Capturexxx.jpg
    [/quote]

Absolute worst type of poster is the one that pulls one thing from one thread into another. Pathetic stuff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Booted up Football Manager after the game. The great day for United continued :P
    W9uJIpv.jpg
    zgvNLjq.jpg

• redzerdrog wrote: »

Absolute worst type of poster is the one that pulls one thing from one thread into another. Pathetic stuff

Aww lads, why so serious? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Jose having a go back at Scholes for his criticism of Pogba the other day.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/947921199761383424

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/947920366776745984

I prefer Lingard's method of telling people to shut up :p

https://twitter.com/JesseLingard/status/947922400808783874

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Booted up Football Manager after the game. The great day for United continued :P

Actually enjoying Fifa 18 Manager ode on the Switch Myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

limnam wrote: »
    C'mon

You would do it to...

Really?

What is the point like, in that table City are a point behind, with a better goal difference and a game in hand :D Chelsea also have a game in hand to make up the point they are down on Liverpool on it

What does it illustrate? As an alternative table to suggest they are the form side it is hardly fit for purpose as its data is incomplete.

Anyway, leave them at it, as I said they don't often get much to celebrate when the actual trophies are being handed out.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Absolute clap trap.
    It's been awhile :D

You like the rest of us have no bloody idea how it was handled and why.

So lets not try to add to the drama's jose's the big bad evil manager when in this case we know nothing of the circumstances surrounding it.

It's bad enough fans of other teams doing it without you adding to it.

Stick to the facts and right now you don't have any

Just getting in ahead of the José man management genius nonsense that will come flooding in should Shaw continue playing like this

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Just getting in ahead of the José man management genius nonsense that will come flooding in should Shaw continue playing like this

Are ya serious lad?
    Doc, honestly love you as a poster but some of this Jose stuff is seriously blinding your judgement
    If Shaw continues to stay fit and play consistently and well under Jose then expect people to praise his man management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

redzerdrog wrote: »

Doesn't one of your own have a private collection of screenshots from last year ready to go?

Really?

What is the point like, in that table City are a point behind, with a better goal difference and a game in hand :D Chelsea also have a game in hand to make up the point they are down on Liverpool on it

What does it illustrate? As an alternative table to suggest they are the form side it is hardly fit for purpose as its data is incomplete.

Anyway, leave them at it, as I said they don't often get much to celebrate when the actual trophies are being handed out.

Maybe ask the op what it illustrates rather than the childish schoolyard nonsense of oh luck what he said bull****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'm not sure how you can praise Valencia in an attacking sense and not shaw who has done way more then in an attacking sense in his brief reappearence than Valencia has done all season

But Valencia can defend. The other boy's clueless about where he should be. Thinks he's a winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Really?

Sorry, I was too delicate.

• But Valencia can defend. The other boy's clueless about where he should be. Thinks he's a winger.

That's just not true at all!

Maybe ask the op what it illustrates rather than the childish schoolyard nonsense of oh luck what he said bull****

Oh look what he said is it?

You ok hun?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

But Valencia can defend. The other boy's clueless about where he should be. Thinks he's a winger.

Shaw’s at least as good a defender as Valencia and infinitely better going forward. Most modern fullbacks are required to act like wingers when their team has possession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

TheDoc wrote: »

So if a player whose fitness and attitude has been been questioned by pretty much all his previous managers flourishes under one, the one he flourishes under wouldn't be at all responsible?

Its a stupid table tbf

Its a stupid table tbf

That's beside the point to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That's beside the point to be honest

Where were you earlier on when the Pool thread was pulling sound bites from this thread to their own one? Did you pull them up on it then?

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Where were you earlier on when the Pool thread was pulling sound bites from this thread to their own one? Did you pull them up on it then?

No I didnt see it.

But the they did it first argument is just as childish to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No I didnt see it.

But the they did it first argument is just as childish to be honest

I’m sure you didn’t see it..

Tbh I don’t like that **** either and I’m sure the op will be warned over it. But I’m not arguing for they did it first so it’s ok..

I just find it funny that you are calling out United fans on it here whereas in the Liverpool thread is all fine and dandy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Jose with a weird attack on Scholes... Feels totally unneeded and petty. Also... Feels wrong to attack a United legend like that. And then to bring money into it... I don't feel Scholes would have any money based issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Jose having a go back at Scholes for his criticism of Pogba the other day.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/947921199761383424

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/947920366776745984

I prefer Lingard's method of telling people to shut up :p

https://twitter.com/JesseLingard/status/947922400808783874

wtf is jose at having a go at Scholes for?? scholes interview the other day on BT was top class, he said exactly what everyone was thinking, childish from Jose to have a go at a club legend

Jose with a weird attack on Scholes... Feels totally unneeded and petty. Also... Feels wrong to attack a United legend like that. And then to bring money into it... I don't feel Scholes would have any money based issues.

Reminds me of his dumb spat with Redknapp, just one of the many joys of having Mourinho as manager. We also don't know the full story I'm sure. I wouldn't dwell on it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone else notice how Bangkok likes throwing around the word class or the phrase top class A LOT?

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how Bangkok likes throwing around the word class or the phrase top class A LOT?

and your point is??

It's ok for scholes to lambast the manager the team specific players because he's a pundit.

but if someone retorts back it's weird?

It's ok for scholes to lambast the manager the team specific players because he's a pundit.

that someone is the current manager of Manchester United

bangkok wrote: »
    and your point is??

No point. Just a casual observation :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

To be fair, Scholes was respectful and constructive in the manner of which he made his criticism. Jose made it personal with money and the like.

• Advertisement

No point. Just a casual observation :P

a class observation in fairness :pac:

a class observation in fairness :pac:

Nah, it's top class :pac:

Nah, it's top class :pac:

Its at least European class

that someone is the current manager of Manchester United

So what?

He's not allowed to respond to questions put to him?

He should "rise above it"

bollix to that.

So what?

bollix to that.

"It’s not Paul’s fault that he has made much more money than Paul Scholes"

why would he even say that??!

the man has no class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No I didnt see it.

The Wenger defence :)

Scrap the cap!

There's that C word again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Turtwig wrote: »
    Jose made it personal with money and the like.

Have Scholes, Neville etc. ever commented on what the likes of Pogba are earning a week? I bet they have.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

So what?

bollix to that.

But what good does it do? Jose's strength historically is building team spirit through an "us vs. them" mentality. At his peek all his attacks, jabs and statements always seemed designed for that purpose. Now his outbursts seem much more erratic and scattershot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Scholes is a great one for being ready to jab the knife in when things get rough for a few games. I'd say Jose is just sick of Scholes always having something negative to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So what?

bollix to that.

He could respond no problem but why does he need to say that Pogba makes/made more money than Scholes?

That has zero to do with any of the points made by Scholes and is a childish dig by Mourinho. Scholes played at a time when players were not paid as much as they are now and there was no scope to earn at current levels.

If Pogba turns out to be half as successful as Scholes was at United he'll have had a great career there.

"It’s not Paul’s fault that he has made much more money than Paul Scholes"

why would he even say that??!

the man has no class

“Paul [Pogba] tries to do his best all the time. Sometimes he plays very well, sometimes he plays well, sometimes he doesn’t play so well. It’s not Paul’s fault that he has made much more money than Paul Scholes. It’s not Paul Scholes’ fault either, it’s just the way football is. I think Scholes will be in history as a phenomenal player, not as a pundit. I prefer to look at him as a phenomenal player that gave so much to the club that I am proud to represent.

If we look at that section as a whole he's calling him a phenomenal player.

He goes on to say he's not a great pundit and mentioned he just criticizes earlier in the peace.

I'm assuming he's either referring to the "price" tag thats put on pogba and the preasure's behind etc

or having a jibe at maybe if he earned a bit more he wouldn't need to be a pundit.

Then the part about been a manager is fair game

it's easy to sit in the studio and crtique it's a hell of lot harder to get out and do it. Ask Gary.

Just because he's a united legend doesn't mean he should escape critique either

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Scholes is a great one for being ready to jab the knife in when things get rough for a few games. I'd say Jose is just sick of Scholes always having something negative to say.

after the performance and result v southampton you hardly expected him to sit in the studio and say it was great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Mourinho is doing it all to get Pogba playing to his peak "look what this former midfielder has to say about you Paul" i'd say the idea is come on show him and the rest of them just how good you are and remember i've always got your back.

after the performance and result v southampton you hardly expected him to sit in the studio and say it was great

There's ways and means.

Scholes goes over the top sometimes IMO for who he is and what he was to the club.

Scholes on BT, which was grand really questioned the players desire among other things. Jose would view that as an attack on his team, siege mentality does not really work if there is no enemy either tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lingard & Martial both have 7 goals in the PL this season. Same amount as Coutinho and Sanchez and 1 behind Lazazette and Jesus.

Them two are definitely stepping it up this season especially Lingard in recent games. Long may this continue

There's ways and means.

Scholes goes over the top sometimes IMO for who he is and what he was to the club.

over the top how exactly??

we have been crap for the best part since ferguson retired, our premier league finishes last 4 seasons

6th

5th

4th

7th

that is no where near good enough for a club of our size

Scholes on BT, which was grand really questioned the players desire among other things. Jose would view that as an attack on his team, siege mentality does not really work if there is no enemy either tbh.

Also

In my mind Paul Scholes is a phenomenal player, one of the best I’ve ever seen playing in midfield. He gave so much to my club that I can only thank him for that. The prestige of this club is based on people like him.”

Mourinho also suggested that several former United players have an agenda against his team as they long for a return to the club, something he is not prepared to accommodate. “I think they would love to be here,” he said of the many former United players in the media. “They would love to be at the club and that’s a problem I cannot resolve.”

I'd say there's a huge background to this also by the sounds of the above that we're not privvy too

But it's funny.

During the week people were clamming jose says x to do y

then when it suits them he really means what he says.

Can't win it seems.

• Advertisement

over the top how exactly??

we have been crap for the best part since ferguson retired, our premier league finishes last 4 seasons

6th

5th

4th

7th

that is no where near good enough for a club of our size

In his style of "critiquing" of each game.

As I said, there's ways to do it.

For an ex united legend. I think he gets to close to the skin.

and jose probably just tired of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement