Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread..The Final Chapter of 17? (MOD WARNINGS IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Dunno if the Ghoulam story is legit, considering he's got a 30m release clause?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lukker- wrote: »

The guy did his acl in November. Story is utter BS.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder would United activate the clause now and wait till summer to take him? Have it ready to go once the summer hits but let him do his rehab and stuff in Italy, and in the process, avoid any competition come summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lukker- wrote: »

From the article

“While no release clause was confirmed when Ghoulam renewed his contract, it’s thought €60m is the figure which would trigger his release.”

There is no way that our board/Jose is stupid enough to buy him while he is out with an ACL injury

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I wonder would United activate the clause now and wait till summer to take him? Have it ready to go once the summer hits but let him do his rehab and stuff in Italy, and in the process, avoid any competition come summer.

I believe they would wait for him to return and prove his fitness before spending so much.

Thats if there is any real intention to sign him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I believe they would wait for him to return and prove his fitness before spending so much.

Thats if there is any real intention to sign him.

Agree it be similar to what happened with ruud.

I never heard of him up until a few hours ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

jayo26 wrote: »
    I never heard of him up until a few hours ago.

First rule of Agent school: Link player to Man United therefore ensuring popularity growth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    In fairness not sure why the manager expected, it was a disgraceful display, only made worse by his terrible attempts at deflection afterwards. Thought the panel that night were spot on, bar Keown saying he looks to have lost the dressing room. That was premature.

But the state of the performance, warranted all the critiscm that came, and for once Scholes wasn't ridiculous and I thought was some tempered and measured.

Jose did two days later do the exact thing Scholes was saying Pogba should be doing btw, which I thought was funny :)

Exactly and jose himself called his own team childish only a few days before that as well!!

GSPfan wrote: »
    First rule of Agent school: Link player to Man United therefore ensuring popularity growth.

He can't be that good I never contemplated putting him in my ultimate team... How do I spell his name I need to go scout him.

Edit: Grand found him i have been a fan of his for ages he has a long throw in and takes powerful driven free kicks. He also has unreal stamina he would be a good solid back up your Shaw at left back.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Thought we were linked with him back before he went to Napoli.......... it was for a lot lot less aswell.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Thought we were linked with him back before he went to Napoli.......... it was for a lot lot less aswell.

We wait until a player is good enough to have a release fee....... then bid more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

He can't be that good I never contemplated putting him in my ultimate team... How do I spell his name I need to go scout him.

Edit: Grand found him i have been a fan of his for ages he has a long throw in and takes powerful driven free kicks. He also has unreal stamina he would be a good solid back up your Shaw at left back.........

Wasnt he a main stay in Seria A ultimate teams a few years ago.
    Thats not saying a lot about your team building

irishman86 wrote: »
    Wasnt he a main stay in Seria A ultimate teams a few years ago.
    Thats not saying a lot about your team building

Not really his highest card was only a 81 inform 2 year ago Sandro would of always been the best left back past couple seasons so never used him. I won't have anyone dising my team building skills it's the only thing I can do right on ultimate team :):):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

435 - It's now 435 days since Paul Pogba last ended on the losing team in a Premier League game (October 23rd 2016 v Chelsea). Since then he's played in 34 games (W21 D13 L0), while Man Utd have lost five games without him in this period. Talisman.

© Opta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Must be 436 now as that was posted here last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

I'd love to see Southampton go down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    I'd love to see Southampton go down

Any reason why?

Hococop wrote: »
    Any reason why?

Must be to stop the supply of quality players to their parent club. Has to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

"Chief executive Ed Woodward is preparing to bankroll Mourinho further in the transfer window if required and plans are in place for two marquee signings in the summer".

Ian Ladyman

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Must be 436 now as that was posted here last night.
    Apologies. So interesting it deserves to be repeated anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Dybala AND Griezmann!

astradave wrote: »
    Dybala AND Griezmann!

Neil Custis going with the story that Jose "is desperate to land Lucas Moura in January".
    A loan deal is what's proposed but PSG will only agree if a £40 million deal to buy him in the summer is part of the terms.

astradave wrote: »
    Dybala AND Griezmann!

Griezmann and kroos please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Neil Custis going with the story that Jose "is desperate to land Lucas Moura in January".
    A loan deal is what's proposed but PSG will only agree if a £40 million deal to buy him in the summer is part of the terms.

Sounds like a good option that. World Cup will keep him motivated if he has to give up Champions League. Already moved for around that fee in his career so value would not be an issue.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Sounds like a good option that. World Cup will keep him motivated if he has to give up Champions League. Already moved for around that fee in his career so value would not be an issue.

Remind me.... right winger?

• Advertisement

Wouldnt be too keen on him if the world cup is all that motivates him... he turned us down before as well. Has di Maria written all over it

GSPfan wrote: »
    Remind me.... right winger?

Yea, exactly what we need. We don't have a proper winger out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

bangkok wrote: »

Kroos with Pogba would be a defensive disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Will probably get slaughtered for saying this and will admit to not seeing much of him since I held this opinion(around the time he was linked with Utd) but I was never overly impressed with him and wondered what all the fuss was at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yea, exactly what we need. We don't have a proper winger out there.

Pity he's not really good.

In saying that he would be better than what we have but that doesn't say a lot about our right wing

• Advertisement

Wouldnt be too keen on him if the world cup is all that motivates him... he turned us down before as well. Has di Maria written all over it

You are going in another direction there. He is at PSG, has a great shout of winning Champions League, most players would stick around for 5 more months and move in the summer. World Cup would be a motivation to move clubs now though and be a reason to give up Champions League.

France is a much smarter place to start a European career than England so I wouldn't hold that against him. Odd argument anyway considering the club spend so much to bring back Pogba.

Not sure where the Di Maria thing comes into it so not engaging there.

Headshot wrote: »

In saying that he would be better than what we have but that doesn't say a lot about our right wing

Honestly, it is from the Sun so ya know.

Perhaps a change of scenery and a change of playing style might work wonders,if it is a loan move then we have little risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah, you can forget about that happening, there's no way in hell Real will let him go.

Honestly, it is from the Sun so ya know.

Custis is one of the more reliable journos even if he writes for that rag.

Not really his highest card was only a 81 inform 2 year ago Sandro would of always been the best left back past couple seasons so never used him. I won't have anyone dising my team building skills it's the only thing I can do right on ultimate team :):):)

Maybe i need to brush up on it then :o

Where do you get that from, he was very good last year its hardly his fault Mbappe and Neymar were signed

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah, you can forget about that happening, there's no way in hell Real will let him go.

They are more likely to let Bale leave,the word out of Madrid is that the club are fed up of telling Bale to cut back on playing golf as it's exacerbating his injuries. He's pretty much playing off scratch and spends most of his free time on a golf course.

Hococop wrote: »
    Any reason why?

Because like Stoke play their heart out against us but then revert back to their **** selves against palace

They are more likely to let Bale leave,the word out of Madrid is that the club are fed up of telling Bale to cut back on playing golf as it's exacerbating his injuries. He's pretty much playing off scratch and spends most of his free time on a golf course.
    I'd take that sort of claim with a grain of salt.

That could just be the club's PR machine conditioning the fan base for the players release. Compared to say Isco they flak bale has been getting is heavily disproportional.

Bale bulked up significantly at Madrid. It seems far more plausible that with him being a sprinter the issue stems from tendons or ligaments not being able to strengthen in even proportion to his muscle gain. He might also naturally be more dispositioned towards muscular injuries anyway. He's had over 20 injury periods since joining Madrid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Mahrez would be the way to go imo. In form and able to play in the CL. Only problem is Leicester would have to get someone to replace him and that could drive price up in January. Maybe not a Mourinho style winger but given he plays Mata out the I don't think that's an issue.

I think he only plays Mata because he has no real other option. Mahrez would improve United imo. He should only be a considered a temporary solution imo. Overall I think yer best off bite the bullet and just see the current season through. Save the cash on Mahrez for a bigger splurge for better quality in the summer.

Would Mahrez be a better signing than Lucas Moura?

Liam O wrote: »
    Mahrez would be the way to go imo. In form and able to play in the CL. Only problem is Leicester would have to get someone to replace him and that could drive price up in January. Maybe not a Mourinho style winger but given he plays Mata out the I don't think that's an issue.

I reckon Mahrez has a set price on his head that the player knows about and if Leicester tried to up it now if United came in for him I reckon the player would revolt

I reckon Mahrez has a set price on his head that the player knows about and if Leicester tried to up it now if United came in for him I reckon the player would revolt

Depends. If united offered him sweet enough personal terms he wouldn't give two figs.

Would Mahrez be a better signing than Lucas Moura?

I won’t pretend to have watched Moura so can’t compare but I’d rather have Mahrez as Moura is a complete unknown. Moura to me looks like another Memphis Depay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Least when he plays for us he won’t have that option as it piss’s rain 1/2 the season :)

• GSPfan wrote: »
    I won’t pretend to have watched Moura so can’t compare but I’d rather have Mahrez as Moura is a complete unknown. Moura to me looks like another Memphis Depay.

Is Mahrez honestly a long term solution?

M!Ck^ wrote: »

He's only coming up on 27. Would/Should easily get another 4 years or so - I don't think every signing we could/should make needs to be 21-24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Easily. He is quality player and only 26 (will be 27 next month).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement