If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the Panasonic tvs come with saorview for the Republic of Ireland as well as freevi

Options
  • 07-12-2017 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Im looking at getting a Panasonic tv, Do these come with saorview for the republic of ireland as well as freeview?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hurlersx wrote: »
    Im looking at getting a Panasonic tv, Do these come with saorview for the republic of ireland as well as freeview?
    Hi hurlersx,

Any TV with Freeview HD built in will also have a Saorview tuner. The Panasonics all have this facility.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just be cautious that you are not mixing up freesat and freeview. If you are hoping to receive UK free to air tv via satellite you would need a freesat tuner. Freeview and saorview are over traditional aerial. Some tvs have both a freeview and freesat tuner which means you have the most flexibility

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

micks_address,

I understand that the motive here is to be helpful but please bear in mind the Charter - queries here are for RS, advice/input from Boardies is not needed here.

I'm leaving your post stand due to the nature of the topic, but please take note of the Charter and refrain from commenting in threads.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭micks_address

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

micks_address,

I understand that the motive here is to be helpful but please bear in mind the Charter - queries here are for RS, advice/input from Boardies is not needed here.

I'm leaving your post stand due to the nature of the topic, but please take note of the Charter and refrain from commenting in threads.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Completely understand and wouldn't usually comment but a lot of people are confused re the topic. Not offering advice on what brand etc to buy or model number just the different transmission and reception options available

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hurlersx

Hi hurlersx,

Any TV with Freeview HD built in will also have a Saorview tuner. The Panasonics all have this facility.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,
    I'm looking at the PANASONIC VIERA TX40EX700B. Can you offer me a better price on this as we are coming into Christmas :) ?
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

Hi hurlersx,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,
    I'm looking at the PANASONIC VIERA TX40EX700B. Can you offer me a better price on this as we are coming into Christmas :) ?
    Thanks again
    Hey Hurlersx.

unfortunately the best price would be the listed web price of £489.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202581-viera-tx40ex700b.aspx

I could offer free shipping for a boardie and you also get our 6 year guarantee free of charge included.

The 40EX700 will be able to pick up Saorview no problem but does not have a satellite tuner for freesat.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi hurlersx,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,
    Thanks again
    Hey Hurlersx.

I could offer free shipping for a boardie and you also get our 6 year guarantee free of charge included.

The 40EX700 will be able to pick up Saorview no problem but does not have a satellite tuner for freesat.

Thanks 
    I will go with this.
    How do I get the free delivery included during the purchase process online?
    Thanks

Hi hurlersx,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,
    Thanks again
    Hey Hurlersx.

Thanks 
    I will go with this.
    Thanks
    Hey Hurlersx.

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the delivery on the website.

If you purchase via the website i can refund the deliver back to you or you can drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call for the order.

Hi hurlersx,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,
    Thanks again
    Hey Hurlersx.

Thanks 
    I will go with this.
    Thanks
    Hey Hurlersx.

If you purchase via the website i can refund the deliver back to you or you can drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call for the order.
    Hi again

Could I select the option to collect in store and you then ship it out to me.
    Thanks 

Hi hurlersx,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,
    Thanks again
    Hey Hurlersx.

Thanks 
    I will go with this.
    Thanks
    Hey Hurlersx.

Hi again

Thanks 
    Hi Hurlersx.

Unfortunately not as this does not bring up any payment options as in store collection must be paid for in store when collecting the product.

The only two ways to avail of the free shipping are the ones I mention above.

• Advertisement

Hi hurlersx,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,
    Thanks again
    Hey Hurlersx.

Thanks 
    I will go with this.
    Thanks
    Hey Hurlersx.

Hi again

Thanks 
    Hi Hurlersx.

Unfortunately not as this does not bring up any payment options as in store collection must be paid for in store when collecting the product.

ok, 
    thanks for your responses.
    One final question.
    Can you give me the tv box dimensions, as I want to deliver it to my workplace and put it in car then, so I just want to make sure it will fit.
    Thanks again

Hi hurlersx,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,
    Thanks again
    Hey Hurlersx.

Thanks 
    I will go with this.
    Thanks
    Hey Hurlersx.

Hi again

Thanks 
    Hi Hurlersx.

ok, 
    thanks for your responses.
    One final question.
    Can you give me the tv box dimensions, as I want to deliver it to my workplace and put it in car then, so I just want to make sure it will fit.
    Thanks again
    Hi Hurlersx.

The box dimensions are in mm:
    1254 x 647 x 124

Its not that big so I would say as long as you can drop you back seats it should fit no issue.

It may also fit along your back seats depending on the car.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.