Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Carded in a Thread in After Hours

Options
  • 07-12-2017 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was taking part in a discussion, where I made several arguments which were all valid.

I was not giving any prior warning before being banned from posting.

I believe I had a right to argue my point. I was not abusive to any other user.

The Mod seemingly arbitrarily picked me out for a red carding. I do not see this as at all fair.

And I wish to appeal the decision.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you tried to resolve this by sending a PM to the mod who carded you, per step one in the flow chart above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Toots wrote: »
    Have you tried to resolve this by sending a PM to the mod who carded you, per step one in the flow chart above?

Yes, they refused to engage in a dialogue and directed me here with a copied link

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Red card notifications automatically include a link to this forum. Have you been in discussion with the mod following the red card notification?

Beasty wrote: »
    Red card notifications automatically include a link to this forum. Have you been in discussion with the mod following the red card notification?

Yes, I am aware of the link sent in the initial infraction notice - it is not the what I was referring to.

After I tried to communicate and query the ruling, the the mod in question refused to engage and just sent me another link here.

I hope this clarifies matters.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thank you, I'll ask a Cmod to have a look into this for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi Jack, I will look into this.
    Will you kindly share the pm exchange for me to review?

Dear JackTaylorFan,

You have been infracted for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so [URL="http:////www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397"]here[/URL].

Buford T. Justice V

Moderator Note

Telling you not to post here again wasn't a request, it was a directive! DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD AGAIN!

Your post:
    Mod Note: Seeing as this thread isn't to your liking then don't post here any more.

Thanking you in advance,

Buford T. Justice

Sorry, but this thread has very much become of interest to me. See above comments.

Regards

Sorry, but I think I'm vindicated in my wish to continue defending myself on a thread that I have made valid arguments in.

I wish to appeal.
    DRP forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

To speed things up, I won't be overturning the infraction.

Apologies for the delay, I am on this now.

Hi Jack, as far as I can see, the Mod asked you to stop posting in that thread and you went ahead and posted anyway.
    Regardless of what you needed to do or say afterwards is irrelevant as you will be ignoring a Mod action which is a slam dunk infraction.

What should you have done is PM the Mod to try to resolve.
    Did you understand the request from the Mod?

LEIN wrote: »
    Did you understand the request from the Mod?

I wasn't sure what the Mod meant, to be honest - the language used, in-thread, was more than a little ambiguous

• Advertisement

In that case I would suggest that you engage with the Mod once again and explain this to them.

Has this been resolved with the Mod?

No. given the initial tone the Mod took with me in PMs, I resolved that any effort on my part to reengage would prove fruitless. Seeing as the thread in question is no longer a talking point, it's best I just let it go.

Thanks for your help.

Many thanks.

Resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement