Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird No Bikes stickers on some cars

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Ah, it’s all clear now.

Bad signage shouldn’t need explanations though. It’s a no smoking sign with the cigarette replaced by a bike!

Don’t load bikes in the boot of this car?
    No cycling?
    I can’t cycle?

I'm not saying what I think that one looks like :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

would be interested to see what sort of change in visibility this sort of display makes in a truck cab:

https://twitter.com/beeojay/status/939088288652169220

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

@magicbastarder that's an outrageous slur against the good name of Scousers and wannabe Scousers who have suffered so much in their struggle to be recognised as the people who've suffered so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

scanlone wrote: »
    Most lads like that have at least a transit connect size. Least these have proper mirrors. More the focus/auris sized I have.

Actually do a blind spot check in lot of companies and end up adding mirrors to lot of these. Current employer don't.

The option of window be nice at least.
    Read this in Yoda's voice. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Lumen wrote: »
    @magicbastarder that's an outrageous slur against the good name of Scousers and wannabe Scousers who have suffered so much in their struggle to be recognised as the people who've suffered so much.
    Self Pity Truck Drivers...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I have always had 4x4's for farm use.
    These are obviously commercials.
    If at all possible, I replace the metal panel on the left rear with a window/windows from a passenger model.
    Have you ever tried reversing a 14 foot trailer without the rear left window?

It's a ludicrous regulation, imposed by the Revenue Commissioners. It should be possible to have glass on the left hand side
    Leave it up to the owner to have it tinted/mirrored if they need privacy for tools or goods.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is it really a requirement to have them covered? I bought a commercial vehicle recently and the left and right rear windows were still in it, and it went through the DOE like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

CramCycle wrote: »
    Is it really a requirement to have them covered? I bought a commercial vehicle recently and the left and right rear windows were still in it, and it went through the DOE like that.
    Not sure whether it's a rule, but makes it easier. There has been a practice of people removing seats, getting it through as a commercial/ converted, and then putting seats back in. I guess no windows makes it more permenant?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If it was brought in and inspected 8 or 10 years ago, non blacked out windows are ignored.
    Newer imports, converted from passenger models needed the glass blacked out, and some inspectors demanded black carpet glued to the inside of the glass. Also rear belts removed and bolt holes for the belts welded up, and the well where a passengers feet would be needed to be panelled up level with the rear load area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭selectamatic

CramCycle wrote: »

Apparently it was a requirement but it isn't any more, at least not for commercial conversions anyways. As long as there are no rear seats and no seatbelts/seatbelt mounting points it'll pass now.

New commercials from factory have no glass on the rear sides as fitting glass leads to increased costs.

Advertisement