Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Won’t Premiere Until 2019

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I don't agree. She looks happy in the first one, where her maester looks concerned in the background, as if he thinks she may have gone a step too far...?

The second shot, where she's drinking, she seems sad, wistful, like she knows it's going to end for her.
    Or she gets Qyburn to make her undead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd recommend this video if anyone has time, another great bit of analysis from this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

biggebruv wrote: »
    As long as the 2 dragons survive to the end I’ll be happy.

I cannot take another dragon death again this season lol.

This is what I’m most hyped for atm not hyped for avengers or much else atm

I suspect all the dragons will be dead by the end. And the threat of the white walkers will be gone forever, leaving the world controlled by man going forward.

As to who is king/queen, thats anyones guess. I suspect Jon & Dany will die, as will Jaime & Cersai, wouldnt be surprised at all if Sansa or Arya are the last ones standing. Either way its gonna be a whole lot of fun finding out!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anybody know if the 6 episodes are running week after week like theres isnt a break for an American holiday or something?,i want to make sure im off work for all of them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Anybody know if the 6 episodes are running week after week like theres isnt a break for an American holiday or something?,i want to make sure im off work for all of them..

According to Wikipedia it should be an uninterrupted run.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_Thrones_episodes#Season_8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Don’t ever remember it not being on a continuous run.

Don’t ever remember it not being on a continuous run.

I remember some seasons had a break in between for an American holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

DvB wrote: »
    I suspect all the dragons will be dead by the end. And the threat of the white walkers will be gone forever, leaving the world controlled by man going forward.

As to who is king/queen, thats anyones guess. I suspect Jon & Dany will die, as will Jaime & Cersai, wouldnt be surprised at all if Sansa or Arya are the last ones standing. Either way its gonna be a whole lot of fun finding out!

From years back I thought a joint Arya/Gendry monarchy would have been nice.

If Cat is in the crypts and ends up being reanimated as a brain dead wight to terrorise Arya I'm not sure how I'd feel about that teasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hi can anyone recommend or share a link to some extended highlights or a decent recap of all previous seasons as my memory is terrible and I spend half of each new episode trying to remember who’s who! Ideally would love an hour or twos worth for each season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I have a theory about the Arya running scene that I haven't seen before.

What if the Golden Company are sent directly to Winterfell by Cersei, It is they who fight the battle not the Army of the Dead.

Arya's injuries are from this battle and once the fight is over she goes to a field hospital to get patched up. Some of the patients are not so lucky and have died.

With the battle over the Army of the Dead arrive on the scene. If you look at the frames with the horse legs you can see that Winterfell already seems to be on fire.

The Night King raises the dead, including those in the hospital, causing Arya to run in fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

There was definitely a break in previous seasons before for various reasons.

This year though its 6 weeks straight and if you watch it live (in the early hours of a monday morning) then two of those nights have bank holidays the next day.

dusty bin wrote: »
    There was definitely a break in previous seasons before for various reasons.

This year though its 6 weeks straight and if you watch it live (in the early hours of a monday morning) then two of those nights have bank holidays the next day.

I'll be watching it on Sky Atlantic at 2am assuming they are showing at that time like previous seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Nahh I can’t watch at 2 am I need to watch this on my projector with 5.1 surround blaring It’s gonna be awesome will watch around 6pm the next day it’s just gonna be hard to stay of the internet for every Monday for 6weeks lol.

And I really really hope they don’t leak any eps again it was torture caving in and watching the lower quality rips I instantly regretted it plus it didn’t help they were the most action packed of the season lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

HBO have put out the official run time for all six episodes in season 8 along with their air dates.

Here they are:

Season 8, episode 1
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, episode 6
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

HBO have put out the official run time for all six episodes in season 8 along with their air dates.

Here they are:

Season 8, episode 1
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
    Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Season 8, episode 6
    Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
    Is the run time not including adverts time and intro times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Is the run time not including adverts time and intro times?

I wouldn’t say so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No adverts on HBO?

Emilia Clarke reportedly suffered two strokes and had barely recovered for shooting season 2. Initially couldn't even remember her name post surgery so no wonder her scenes in season 2 seemed poor.

We obviously couldn't have known but still, makes me feel like crap for my criticism of her in that season. Fair play to her for keeping that quiet for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

They don't have ads on HBO so runtimes are from credit start to credit finish non stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Emilia Clarke reportedly suffered two strokes and had barely recovered for shooting season 2. Initially couldn't even remember her name post surgery so no wonder her scenes in season 2 seemed poor.

We obviously couldn't have known but still, makes me feel like crap for my criticism of her in that season. Fair play to her for keeping that quiet for so long.

Its was 2 anuerisyms. Strange timing for it to be in the press IMO. She has kept it quiet for the past 7 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

....... wrote: »
    Its was 2 anuerisyms. Strange timing for it to be in the press IMO. She has kept it quiet for the past 7 years.

Because she's finished the role and probably didn't want ever presser to be about her abuerisyms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Often something like this means that press somewhere had gotten wind of it, and she's decided to tell the story first - from her non-sensationalised prespective - to try and avoid it becoming a big "shock" story.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Because she's finished the role and probably didn't want ever presser to be about her abuerisyms

Then you think they would have waited until after the last season aired?

Given that its going to be a media frenzy from now til it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Been rewatching previous series lately and watched battle of the bastard's on Friday, which gave me a theory as to who Arya might be running from in the crypts in the new trailer.....

Rickon was killed before the battle and after Ramsay is defeated, Jon says he wants to bury him in the crypts.. It's possible he's what she's running from, not being able to kill him due to being her baby bro previously.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Been rewatching previous series lately and watched battle of the bastard's on Friday, which gave me a theory as to who Arya might be running from in the crypts in the new trailer.....

Rickon was killed before the battle and after Ramsay is defeated, Jon says he wants to bury him in the crypts.. It's possible he's what she's running from, not being able to kill him due to being her baby bro previously.

It'd have to be one of her family with Rickon the most likely call. Starting the trailer with that and her saying she knows all the faces of death is too much of a tease.

Headless Ned wouldn't have the same effect unless she sees his body raising from underneath his statue. Cat and Robb's remains are unlikely to be in the crypts.

Possibly a reanimated Sansa or Bran but doubt it.

It'd have to be one of her family with Rickon the most likely call. Starting the trailer with that and her saying she knows all the faces of death is too much of a tease.

Headless Ned wouldn't have the same effect unless she sees his body raising from underneath his statue. Cat and Robb's remains are unlikely to be in the crypts.

Possibly a reanimated Sansa or Bran but doubt it.

Yeah, Ned is just bones and there's no sign of Cat or Robb's bodies so Rickon is the likely choice of already dead people, he's the most recent so won't have decomposed much, for maximum effect on Arya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Robb is headless too, unless he comes back with the direwolf head, which would be ... interesting.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Robb is headless too, unless he comes back with the direwolf head, which would be ... interesting.

His body was never recovered from the Twins though so unlikely to be him or Cat. Definitely be interesting, mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I know the dialogue is a bit hokey in later seasons but there are still some brilliant scenes, Edmure Tully and Jaime being one I had never thought of first time round.

Also, man, didn’t the Stark banner being draped back over the walls of Winterfell look good.
    The score for the Sept revenge scene is fantastic too.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I know the dialogue is a bit hokey in later seasons but there are still some brilliant scenes, Edmure Tully and Jaime being one I had never thought of first time round.

This is a great scene because of its subtlety.

Jaime actually does nothing, he takes the castle with little or no violence (besides the Blackfish), saves many lives, and keeps his word to Brienne.

Its his reputation that does the work for him.

But the thing is - he doesnt make a threat he wont follow through so would he have catapulted Edmures son in? I think he would, but he just didnt have to. Its that complexity that makes him a great character IMO.

I love the actor who plays Edmure Tully - he brings a great dose of realism as Edmure with his crooked teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Joffrey threatened to serve Robb's head to Sansa at his wedding the craziest theory I've seen is Robb's head is on Ser Robert Strong as the head of the Mountain was sent to Dorne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3 Promos over the last 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not watching anything, going in blind for the last season, so far all Ive had spoiled is that Arya is
    running from someone in the crypts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Same, I'm avoiding the teasers, there's too little material left and with the increased pace any teaser is going to be spoilerific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Same here, i'm out 100% until each episode airs.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Carice Van Houton teased a shot of the title sequence on her instagram story @leavecaricealone looks like winter is creeping up.

They had the red carpet premiere last night so it might be time to leave the internet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

They had the red carpet premiere last night so it might be time to leave the internet now.

I don’t understand that for tv shows what do they do just show the first episode on the big screen ? What’s the point of that

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »
    I don’t understand that for tv shows what do they do just show the first episode on the big screen ? What’s the point of that

So they can have a "launch" and wear fancy clothes?

The danger is that now that episode is out "in the wild", so spoilers are going to start appearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Slydice wrote: »
    3 Promos over the last 24 hours.

That last promo is fair spoilery,hopefully its a dream sequence ,otherwise its an idiotic promo

European premier is next Friday in Belfast I would crime to get tickets. CRIME I TELLS YA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

That last promo is fair spoilery,hopefully its a dream sequence ,otherwise its an idiotic promo

I'm guessing it's a vision sequence with Bran

Any man who spoilers things I'll #&;: his corpse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Any man who spoilers things I'll #&;: his corpse
    Only after I've let the dragons have a go at it :P

We'll remain spoiler free until Wednesdays in the threads as previously but spoilers will spoil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Will this be in 4k anywhere?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

1 week to go :D:D:D

having a feeling
    Cersi will die giving birth

Advertisement