Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to Water Positioning

• 07-12-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Currently planning to build a ~2800 sq ft bungalow (split into 2 parts). What consideration should I give to the positioning of the air to water external unit, heat pump, hot water cylinder?

e.g. distance between each, time it takes hot water to arrive at taps
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

I wouldnt have the heat pump far from an external wall, You will cause more wear on the pump itself to drive water around.

Personally I would put in against an external wall close to back door where it has least amount if pumping to do.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I think that they are most efficient when placed near a South facing wall. There is also an ideal distance from the wall also. Something like 20/25cm. This is to allow it to pickup some of the heat from the wall.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

Monobloc ideally close as possible to indoor unit. If it’s a split system it’s at least 5 meters between indoor and outdoor unit. Each house is different but if there isn’t a dedicated plant room then normally put indoor unit in utility. As for outdoor unitnormslly keep them to the rear of the house out of sight of light fingered people. It’s recommended away from bedrooms but to be honest most of them are very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seanmh

Thanks guys,

If I put the heat pump near the outside unit, how far can the hot water cylinder be put? I would like it quite central to not wait a long time for hot water.

Advertisement