Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Car - Insurance?

Options
  • 08-12-2017 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hi

We have a policy with you which is due to expire mid-January. However - we will be picking up a new car hopefully first week of Jan, when the existing policy will still be in force.

I've been told by an operator that we will have to pay any premium due for the new car until the existing policy expires and then take out a new one for the new car.

Surely, it would make more sense for us to cancel the policy we have for the old car (which would have 10 days max to run) and immediately take out a new one for the new car?

Please could you let me have your thoughts

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi MissShihTzu, when you buy a new car you would normally complete a change of vehicle rather than cancelling your policy. However, if you PM your details I can look into this for you. Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Hi Lisa

PM sent.

Many thanks

Advertisement