Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counselling services in the limerick area?

• 08-12-2017 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

I hope I'm in the right place. Basically I am going through a very fragile time with my mental health at the moment due to variety of factors.

Two major reasons being:
    1. I was sexually assaulted last year by a stranger while I was out running, in the morning time, and his sentencing day in court is now looming. The experience was traumatic and tortured me emotionally but with weekly counselling sessions with the rape crisis centre, I was just about able to stay grounded. These weekly sessions were easily facilitated because of the shift patterns in my previous job which was great. But then I got let go from that job and am now on a 9 to 5 shift, which means i cannot fit it in anymore. And the closer to the court date it gets the harder it is becoming. I find it so difficult talking to my family, boyfriend and friends about the sexual assault because it is painful for them. And ideally I think they would prefer to think that I'm doing just fine.
    2. The second reason is work related stress. I am only 3 weeks into this new job and I can feel the stress escalating everyday to the point where I don't feel myself anymore. Feeling incompetent, socially anxious, not excited about anything anymore and really low self esteem. It is a high pressure environment that requires staying in late in the office in order to get real work done.

I know that was a lot - my point is that I need to find a good counsellor/therapist in the limerick city area who can help me address these issues head on, and one that works in the evening.

Anybody have any suggestions? Would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement