Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 week ban

Options
  • 08-12-2017 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭

While involved in a passionate argument I referred to two posters as 'morons'. I deleted the offending term straight away, realizing it was over the top but got a private message saying I've been banned from after hours for 2 weeks. I think this is harsh. Once I realized that it was wrong to use the term, I deleted it straight away, and will happily apologize to the two posters.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process as set out in the flowchart at the head of this forum and the sticky setting out the dispute process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process as set out in the flowchart at the head of this forum and the sticky setting out the dispute process

Yes, he told me to come here.

Hello????

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Patience please. I'll ask a CMod to look at this now

dudara wrote: »
    Patience please. I'll ask a CMod to look at this now

Ok, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hello, may I please request that you share the pm conversation here so I can review?

Many thanks.

LEIN wrote: »
    Hello, may I please request that you share the pm conversation here so I can review?

Many thanks.

Sure. Should I just copy and paste the messages?

Perfect. Thanks.

Go to your most recent PM, copy & paste the thread here.

Go to your most recent PM, copy & paste the thread here.

Message History
    08-12-2017, 00:18
    ancapailldorcha

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Politics, After Hours, International Politics, Politics Cafe 2.0, Conspiracy Theories, Economics, The Gentlemen's Club, Politics Cafe (Archive)
    Send a message via Skype™ to ancapailldorcha
    Re: You have been banned
    Hi,

I am leaving the ban in place. You're well aware that insulting other posters is out of line.

Regards,
    ancapailldorcha
    Laseen: "You appear to hold to the childish notion that some truths are intransigent and undeniable. Alas, the adult world is never so simple. All truths are malleable. Subject, by necessity, to revision. Have you not yet observed, Tavore, that in the minds of the people in this empire, truth is without relevance? It has lost its power. It no longer effects change and indeed, the very will of the people – born of fear and ignorance, granted – the very will, as I said, can in turn revise those truths, can transform, if you like, the lies of convenience into faith, and that faith in turn is not open to challenge."
    Tavore: "In challenging, one commits treason."
    Laseen: "I see you grow older with every heartbeat, Tavore."
    08-12-2017, 00:14
    ancapailldorcha

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Politics, After Hours, International Politics, Politics Cafe 2.0, Conspiracy Theories, Economics, The Gentlemen's Club, Politics Cafe (Archive)
    Hi,

You've posted in this manner here before. It is standard practice to increase sanctions.

If you would like, you may start a thread in the Dispute Resolution forum.

Regards,
    ancapailldorcha
    Laseen: "You appear to hold to the childish notion that some truths are intransigent and undeniable. Alas, the adult world is never so simple. All truths are malleable. Subject, by necessity, to revision. Have you not yet observed, Tavore, that in the minds of the people in this empire, truth is without relevance? It has lost its power. It no longer effects change and indeed, the very will of the people – born of fear and ignorance, granted – the very will, as I said, can in turn revise those truths, can transform, if you like, the lies of convenience into faith, and that faith in turn is not open to challenge."
    08-12-2017, 00:08
    ancapailldorcha

Adverts | Friends
    Hi,

You called people posting on the thread morons so, yes I am serious. Please do not post in this manner again.

Regards,
    ancapailldorcha
    08-12-2017, 00:05
    ancapailldorcha

Adverts | Friends
    You have been banned
    Dear DickSwiveller,

You have been banned from After Hours for two weeks for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

p=105495466. For the original version of this post. Calling people morons.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DickSwiveller View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shoesdayschild View Post
    The two are not comparable. It is not up to you to decide what another grown woman does.
    What is wrong with you people. When did I say I would force them to stop?

• Advertisement

Thank you, I will get back to you this evening.

Right, I have reviewed.

The fact that you edited your comment 10 minutes later does not take away from the fact that you broke the rule of no personal abuse which is also a site-wide rule.
    If this was the first offence, I would have given you the benefit of the doubt.
    Considering you have previous to this, the ban length is just right.

Please tone it down, I understand that we can become very passionate about certain subjects but name calling is just not on.

I hope you understand and take this time to think about same.

Ban stands.

Right, I have reviewed.

The fact that you edited your comment 10 minutes later does not take away from the fact that you broke the rule of no personal abuse which is also a site-wide rule.
    If this was the first offence, I would have given you the benefit of the doubt.
    Considering you have previous to this, the ban length is just right.

Please tone it down, I understand that we can become very passionate about certain subjects but name calling is just not on.

I hope you understand and take this time to think about same.

Ban stands.

Ok, thanks LEIN.

Many thanks.

This is resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement