Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonetta 3 (Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Switch)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Is this the one that will make you buy a Switch?

It's the one that will make me buy a pro controller if I haven't got one by whenever it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Japan will be receiving a special 'Climax Edition' for Bayonetta 1+2 on Switch. It includes the games, a steelbook case, 22 art cards, and three sticker sheets.

DQfpvaKUMAANDrt.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

And some tissues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭geotrig

great looking box !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

geotrig wrote: »
    great looking box !

That's hardly appropriate!!!!

:)

• Advertisement

• giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great news. Think I'm as happy for the Bayonetta 1 and 2 release as I am for the sequel. Hopefully this is a sign that all the good Wii U games will eventually be getting ported.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kudos to Nintendo for continuing to find a series that won't sell very well, but will hopefully continue setting the standard for third person action games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now to go read all the lovely reactions from non nintendo owners

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CastorTroy wrote: »

It's just from people who don't understand the industry. Younger folk I bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Will be buying this aswell. 1,2 & 3 never got around to it on the Wii U and I've always wanted too. Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CastorTroy wrote: »

Dropped into a few comment sections on sites, its like I was teleported back to the Bayo 2 announcement with the amount of salt being flung around!

Well thats 2 more future purchases for me Switch, have the combo pack on WiiU but being able to play it on the go (and maybe even play the Bayo2 MP for once) is too much to miss out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Corholio wrote: »
    Japan will be receiving a special 'Climax Edition' for Bayonetta 1+2 on Switch. It includes the games, a steelbook case, 22 art cards, and three sticker sheets.

[IM]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQfpvaKUMAANDrt.jpg:small[/IMG]

I think Europe is getting something similar but Bayonetta 1 isn't physical in the box.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Bayonetta-2-1313750.html

CI_NSwitch_Bayonetta2_SpecialEdition_enGB.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

manual_man wrote: »
    And some tissues

Well, you are manual_man....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not bothered about all the extra crap in the special edition, just the games will do me. Seeing these getting a Switch release is making it more tempting to get rid of the Wii U entirely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm looking forward to playing these for the first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I've got to get over buying Special Edition's and First Print Edition's of games. I think things like this help. Stuff like this bothers me, a lot. How much is this going to cost? €100? €120? They're charging €60 for the Bayonetta 2 game on its own, with them saying it comes with a free copy of Bayonetta. It's not free, it's just marketing spin, it's 2 games for €60. And here's this crap again of a partial download.

It's more Wii U ports. So many people saying they "missed" out on Wii U, they didn't miss out, they chose not to buy it. And I say it again, tough $h1t people, you had your chance. I have the First Print Edition and the Collector's Edition on Wii U. They cost a small fortune, especially the FPE, just look on Ebay. I bet this announcement impacts negatively on its value. Nintendo's(and Platinum's) attitude? "Don't care, want more money for little effort".

I think I'm going to buy the games on their own going forward. XC2 being a recent example of a big hike in price from XCX on Wii U for the Collector's Edition. Just look at some of what you get in a lot of these Collector's Editions. Cards and stickers, sure the steelbook is nice but it's mostly cheap tat and then they slap on an extra €60. The last Collector's Edition I bought I think was Samus Returns, that was nice, and I don't even own a 3DS. Gotta stop it.

And I swear some of this digital code practise is to get us more accepting of it. Slowly ween us of physical purchases, buying digital only. No need to then worry about things like retailers, secondhand market, borrowing games, cheaper physical deals. They'll have full control.

Sorry for the rant, just need to vent some of my frustration and anger at the way things are going.

And back on the ignore list.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

sligeach wrote: »
    I've got to get over buying Special Edition's and First Print Edition's of games. I think things like this help. Stuff like this bothers me, a lot. How much is this going to cost? €100? €120? They're charging €60 for the Bayonetta 2 game on its own, with them saying it comes with a free copy of Bayonetta. It's not free, it's just marketing spin, it's 2 games for €60. And here's this crap again of a partial download.

It's more Wii U ports. So many people saying they "missed" out on Wii U, they didn't miss out, they chose not to buy it. And I say it again, tough $h1t people, you had your chance. I have the First Print Edition and the Collector's Edition on Wii U. They cost a small fortune, especially the FPE, just look on Ebay. I bet this announcement impacts negatively on its value. Nintendo's(and Platinum's) attitude? "Don't care, want more money for little effort".

I think I'm going to buy the games on their own going forward. XC2 being a recent example of a big hike in price from XCX on Wii U for the Collector's Edition. Just look at some of what you get in a lot of these Collector's Editions. Cards and stickers, sure the steelbook is nice but it's mostly cheap tat and then they slap on an extra €60. The last Collector's Edition I bought I think was Samus Returns, that was nice, and I don't even own a 3DS. Gotta stop it.

And I swear some of this digital code practise is to get us more accepting of it. Slowly ween us of physical purchases, buying digital only. No need to then worry about things like retailers, secondhand market, borrowing games, cheaper physical deals. They'll have full control.

Sorry for the rant, just need to vent some of my frustration and anger at the way things are going.

yeah it's more Win U ports but it's ports people want. Yourself included.

Your problems with the cost of special editions are your own. You admit that most of the extras are cheap tat but if people pay the extra then it won't change.

I don't know how you manage to stay at something that stresses you out so much. Meanwhile your missing out on the Switch for your own reasons that you have made clear (cost being one) but spending money on games for systems you don't own.

It's none of my business how you spend your money though.

I don't think there will ever be a fully controlled digital market. Even now you can get switch games digitally from cdkeya about €10 cheaper then the eshop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Never played this series so looking forward to picking it up in the new year.
    More Wii U ports mixed in with new games is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I don't know why video games have such a serious impact on you. It should be an enjoyable past-time and not something that causes you anger and frustration. It's not healthy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not owning a 3DS is just weird, if you are a fan of Nintendo stuff.
    Sort it out Sligeach!
    Something for the Christmas gift request list!

fixxxer wrote: »
    And back on the ignore list.

No, he has a point, imho.

In Sligeach's defence on Special Editions, he does say he needs to sort that issue out with only himself, I mean we can all get taken in by the flash of a sticker set and a steelbook from time to time, but the core experience of the game doesn't change and, after a decade, that's what we remember most.

WiiU ports, personal opinions are just that, personal.
    All the interest in WiiU games all of sudden from people who thought the console wasn't worth their time, it is kind of infuriating.
    I was saying for ages, in this forum, that the WiiU was an outstanding host to a multitude of strong 1st party games and had far more to offer in exclusives than the PS4 and XB1 combined.
    Nevertheless, the ignorant masses ignored the WiiU and now, with the Switch, suddenly become cheerleaders for WiiU ports??
    It is hypocritical to say the least.
    The WiiU would still be with us if this kind of passion for those exact same games had of been present three short years ago.

But, as they say, we are where we are.
    We now have the Switch, with a significant number of owners who have not owned a Nintendo console since the Wii or DS, or perhaps they've never owned a Nintendo console before at all.
    This is an untapped resource of buyers that need content on their new Nintendo system, content they are unfamiliar with, that represents for them new and fresh titles, and WiiU games represent that kind of content for a minimal outlay.
    Nintendo would be foolish not to tap into that market.

So, cling to your dislike of great games on great consoles being released to those who abandoned the relevant format in the past, but don't cling too hard, this population of buyers will give developers cause to make more genuinely new content for the Switch over it's lifetime, so everyone wins.

Plus, I get to bring Bayonetta with me to work, like a big perv.

I chose not to buy it because it was a very poor console, and the first Nintendo system I didn't actually buy, excluding the Virtual Boy. Most people felt the same way, so it's great that the good games that were released for it are coming to a console that people actually want.

I expect we'll see more of this down the line as developers who already put in the hard work to make a good game for a dying system seek to recoup their losses.

First Print Editions, Collector's Edition, Special Editions don't really mean anything to me - just let me play the game on a decent system and I'm happy.

I chose not to buy it because it was a very poor console, and the first Nintendo system I didn't actually buy. Most people felt the same way, so it's great that the good games that were released for it are coming to a console that people actually want.

I expect we'll see more of this down the line as developers who already put in the hard work to make a good game for a dying system seek to recoup their losses.

First Print Editions, Collector's Edition, Special Editions don't really mean anything to me - just let me play the game on a decent system and I'm happy.

Not a poor console though.
    Poor marketing, sure.
    But the games lineup was outstanding.
    Pity they spoiled Star Fox Zero though, the controls weren't insurmountable but they were ultimately a barrier to having fun and that's intolerable in a videogame, when traditional control methods would have worked just as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

collectors editions tat aside, i think the wii u ports are a good thing, devs get to make more money from games on a console that didnt sell well and the games are exposed to a larger audience, increase the fan base of the games and encourage more sequels. the wii u should be held in high regard for having those games first, but the games shouldnt be exclusive to the platform that didnt sell.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not a poor console though.

I disagree. I thought the Gamepad was a awful piece of kit and led to a poor experience all around on the system.

Their confused marketing and messaging around the system didn't help sure, but for me it was fundamentally a poor system which seemed like a load of half thought through ideas thrown together. Honestly I don't think it should have existed and the console we have now, the Switch, was what the successor to the Wii should have been.

I already compared it to the Virtual Boy and that's the comparison that still rings through to me, a half-baked, poor implemented idea.

I can't agree that the games lineup was outstanding either. It had poor support, lacked what people would consider a "proper" Mario and, until it's successor was already out, a proper Zelda game.

The Bayonetta 2 announcement has actually got me thinking about what other Wii U games I'd like to see on Switch and there's really not many. We already have Mario Kart and aside from Pikman 3, Mario 3D World and Mario Maker, there's really not much. The HD Zelda games were ports already and while I'd like to see them on the Switch too, they're not essential when I have them on the Gamecube.

A combined Super Mario 3D World and Captain Toad would be nice, tbh.
    No more NSMB though!
    Mario Maker will certainly make an appearance, but it will be a sequel I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

A combined Super Mario 3D World and Captain Toad would be nice, tbh.
    No more NSMB though!
    Mario Maker will certainly make an appearance, but it will be a sequel I'd say.

Personally id love to see Tokyo Mirage Sessions get the love that it deserves with a switch port

No, he has a point, imho.

He may have a point
    but it's hidden beneath such a ridiculous level or bitterness about the Wii U being a failure that I find it Jading to read through.

Anyway, Bayonetta. As I've never played it, is it just Devil May Cry with boobs? I wasn't a big fan of the DMC series so I hoping not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

fixxxer wrote: »
    He may have a point but it's hidden beneath such a ridiculous level or bitterness about the Wii U being a failure that I find it Jading to read through.

Anyway, Bayonetta. As I've never played it, is it just Devil May Cry with boobs? I wasn't a big fan of the DMC series so I hoping not.

It's an evolution of DMC so if you didn't like then you might not like Bayonetta.

Advertisement