Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Reati wrote: »
    Do you know what the craic with that abandoned house up there across the from Mary statue is too?

I don't think there's anyone in it for years. There was a priest with the lovely name Fr. Butterfield lived in it in the 1980s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

So is Tipperary included in the 'maybe snow range'. At just 2degrees already certainly feels cold enough for it.

As long as it's not freezing rain! Or the walk home later will be great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

If everyone could read over the last few pages rather than asking "WILL I GET SNOW IN DUBLIN" when it's been answered several times over, that would be brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Is it just high ground in the midlands that will get snow or will low ground also get snow in the midlands?

Depends on where you mean in the midlands - I'm South West Laois and expecting something. In fact I'm picking out the hat for the snowman right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

JCX BXC wrote: »
    If everyone could read over the last few pages rather than asking "WILL I GET SNOW IN DUBLIN" when it's been answered several times over, that would be brilliant :)

Ah sure clicking back ten pages is a bit exasperating, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

My temp gauge reads below 0c in Kilkenny, how accurate is it I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

But you didn't answer WILL I GET SNOW IN DUBLIN? :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

temp_uk_hag5.png

Darwin wrote: »
    Depends on where you mean in the midlands - I'm South West Laois and expecting something. In fact I'm picking out the hat for the Castlebrack, ballinasragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

But did u not know dublin is they main focus on here there’s nothing outside it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Is the current band moving up from the South the one to bring the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

nagdefy wrote: »
    You drive out the Graiguecullen side of Carlow town and turn to the left at Killeshin Village, travel 3 miles up a narrow winding road to Rossmore and there's a park, Oisin Park, where you can see the views.

Villain would be familiar with it, he drives up for wintry events and sometimes uses a drone.

This pic doesn't do it justice. Amazing at night time.

Oisin_laois.jpg

That is one amazing spot! You are so lucky to have it close by.

I have never heard of it. There are so many "hidden Ireland" places around aren't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

davidsr20 wrote: »
    But did u not know dublin is they main focus on here there’s nothing outside it lol

Every page should start with an apology if Dublin doesn't get snow..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

temp_uk_hag5.png

Is that guess work? I'm looking at a gauge on a tree in garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

[Castlebrack, ballinasragh.

I would imagine you will see something snowy alright in that location, though it's not a done deal yet!

Darwin wrote: »
    Depends on where you mean in the midlands - I'm South West Laois and expecting something. In fact I'm picking out the hat for the snowman right now :D

Castlebrack, Ballinascragh; what are the odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

No snow for Dublin?

Damn, this is going down as the worst summer we've had in years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

That is one amazing spot! You are so lucky to have it close by.

I have never heard of it. There are so many "hidden Ireland" places around aren't there?

That's it. That view goes around both sides! Lovely places in every county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

No snow for Dublin?

No, the jackeens have snorted it all, those deviants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hope you dont mind me asking, but where is exactly is this? I live near Carlow and would love to check that view out.

Dont worry, I wont pop in for tea or anything :)

https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.8190194,-7.0106986,3a,75y,55.34h,89.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sn5MMm3pLGoIz6gsrScaLfQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!5m1!1e4

I'd imagine this is the part of Laois he's on about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

At least give me a snow man for the kids, otherwise WTF am I gonna do with all the marigolds I bought for the them to go under their gloves ��

In rathfarnham and starting to get cold now
    CAvan here, we built two snowmen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Is the current band moving up from the South the one to bring the snow

I think so but looks like it is fizzleing out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

2.1c on Kilkenny weather.

Rain has started in Waterford, 4.1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

In Dublin 15. Ice on all of the card and currently just hovering above zero. Not a breath of wine. I fully expect snow here at some stage tonight or tomorrow. 15 k from the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

0.8c
    DP -1c
    Kildare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Sleety rain - mid Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

For an event that hasn't begun we're sure in overdrive!

Amazingly consistent temperature today, has been around 3.9c for hours now, got down as low as 3.8c in the last bit of rain (Which has nearly stopped now)

Max of 4.3c today, which lasted around 20mins before dropping back to, sure enough, 3.9c.

West Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Wonder what the track will be, it looks to have slipped a fair bit south compared to what was expected a day or two ago. This is why Cavan has been taken off the orange warning, probably the likes of Meath should not be too troubled either.

My thinking is Kilkenny, Tipp, South Wicklow etc will now get the most snow

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

For an event that hasn't begun we're sure in overdrive!

Amazingly consistent temperature today, has been around 3.9c for hours now, got down as low as 3.8c in the last bit of rain (Which has nearly stopped now)

Max of 4.3c today, which lasted around 20mins before dropping back to, sure enough, 3.9c.

West Clare

I've been at 3.4 degrees for the last couple of hours on the outskirts of Ennis. Just checked now and it's at 3.5 degrees

No wind, it feels warm out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TECH85

Wonder what the track will be, it looks to have slipped a fair bit south compared to what was expected a day or two ago. This is why Cavan has been taken off the orange warning, probably the likes of Meath should not be too troubled either.

My thinking is Kilkenny, Tipp, South Wicklow etc will now get the most snow

When you reckon thats goina hit in the south tipp area ?
    Thanks

Advertisement