Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This is painful, the one time it looks like we will get an epic snowfall i'm not there. I expect it will be 13 degrees on Christmas day when i am over there. Still i should not be mean spirited, i hope you all enjoy the snow! I am looking forward to the pictures too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Small chance for Rathfarnham and higher parts of Dublin, highly unlikely to see anything but sleet towards the coast. :(

2 degrees now in rathfarnham but feels warmer? . iPhone app is showing between 70 - 100% chance of snow between 2-7 am so since I use this app a lot for cycling and its usually bang on, I'd say rathfarnham has a good chance of being hit, but it could change in 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

This is heartbreaking!! Im 140m ASL (Stepaside)
    Im thinking no chance any white gold then!!

I hear ye! Just looking forwards to to some interesting photos from outside Dublin instead ;)

Someone make us a snowman.. pretty please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Just a quick thanks to the experts and the localised reports. Lots lurking and not posting, but appreciative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Accuweather on the phone reckons snow for Navan but not judging by those charts :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭April1

Will it snow is Waterford City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

For Dublin..who knows. Anyone remember the 6th January 1994?:) Wasn't exactly predicted..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

What are people gutted about. The prediction was rain turning to snow. Action should kick in at 3am.

Anyone at 250m asl or more should see the white stuff a little sooner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

jambofc wrote: »
    raining in Kilkenny......gutted really thought we had a good chance,maybe back edge stuff for us tomorrow

No chance. I'll send you a pic of the snowman or possibly snowmen I make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Any predictions for bordered area between Monaghan and NI?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Sleety rain now here near Arklow
    Air temp up to 2.7c
    Dew point up to 1c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10pm, heavy rain getting into the South west

DQozxdEX4AAniPz.jpg:large

Rapidly rising here near Arklow now
    3.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

April1 wrote: »

Does it ever snow in the thick of the sunny south east?!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Snowplough/gritter at the ready in Ballindine in Mayo at 9pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

2° In south kildare now the warmest in a few hours. Still dry and little wind definitely feeling warmer.
    In two minds if I want snow or not , I have to travel up towards the northwest tomorrow for a funeral.
    Any other time I would be loving the taughts of a big fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

I'm in the North Kildare area, just curious as to whether we should expect snow here? Haven't really been following the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

flaneur wrote: »
    Any predictions for bordered area between Monaghan and NI?

Here you mean?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

pad199207 wrote: »
    Just a little less enthusiastic about this whole thing now

Why is that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

No thank goodness. Can be treacherous up that way in the snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

I'm in the North Kildare area, just curious as to whether we should expect snow here? Haven't really been following the situation

Read the thread or MT cranium updates....

3.7 c in Arklow now
    Dp up to 2c

That would rise the snow line close to 300 metres in this area

Edit

Edit

April1 wrote: »

You should be safe from this event in Waterford I'd say. Still will be very cold

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

GFS has backfront snow spreading across the south coast by evening, bringing some accumulation even down to Cork city. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Nabber wrote: »
    What are people gutted about. The prediction was rain turning to snow. Action should kick in at 3am.

Anyone at 250m asl or more should see the white stuff a little sooner.

I know, it reminds me of people saying it was dead calm where they were, what was all the fuss about, 12 hours before Ophelia was due to arrive!!

Getting cranky in my old age but if people would just listen to the forecast, read a few pages of a thread rather than being expected to be spoon fed an answer on when and will it snow in my back garden!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I am on the Kildare / Laois boarder. The wife is at her Christmas party and I have to pick her up later on when its over.

All I want to do is go to bed and wake up to the snow fest in the morning. Instead I will probably be driving through the bloody thing at 3am.

Hopefully ye should be okay and miss out on the heaviest of the snow. May get a little but nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

DellyBelly wrote: »
    No thank goodness. Can be treacherous up that way in the snow.

You seem very sure about that? What chart are you reading to come to that conclusion? Besides I feel this will be a very much so nowcast situation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

The main portion of the storm will move in rapidly tonight and spread rain at first into the west, south and midlands. At about a line from mid-Clare to south Kilkenny, this rain will begin to turn to sleet and then snow a bit further north, so that accumulations will begin around midnight from Galway to Carlow. The further northward advance of this snow may be limited to about Sligo to central Meath with smaller amounts in flurries further north than that.

From MT on daily weather thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Hopefully ye should be okay and miss out on the heaviest of the snow. May get a little but nothing to worry about

Hopefully? I was hoping I would get snowed in as I'm supposed to be working tomorrow

Advertisement