Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Rathdrum online.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Pangea wrote: »
    This thread is a hard read for those of us in Donegal. Enjoy your snow guys, looks epic.

You should be in Kerry with the rain and wind hopping off the window at 6.7C ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

eastmayo wrote: »
    Looks like the rain sleet near castlebar?

Just light drizzle so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

MT Cranium may I ask about the Kildare forecast. Here in north Kildare and some of the models look like we may be missed entirely but you have 15-20cm? I’m on the hoping for snow bandwagon but just curious as to the discrepancy between posters saying we may miss out and yours. I’ve been around long enough to trust your forecasting and be jumping for joy at this particular one when I was on the downer section of the rollercoaster

I was thinking the same but wouldn't dare question him he's usually spot on. He is the only person anywhere predicting snow as far south as limerick and tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Lashing rain in Limerick city. Feels cold though, Shannon still reporting only around 4 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Starting to turn to snow now in Mayo going by netweather radar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

still dry in Foxford, wind has picked up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

GL's post in the technical thread is not pretty reading. One of the most knowledgeable posters you'll ever find on any weather forum - you don't want to hear him calling time on an event (in terms of widespread snow, not any snow at all).

For once, I hope he is absolutely clueless :o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Snow here now in knock -1 with a sharp east wind

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Will snow settle easy on wet ground if cold enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Few small flakes here just now on the Meath Westmeath border.
    Such a strange night so far though -2 and thick fog about 8pm then +2 at 11 and crystal clear, now at 12 it’s 1degree

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Will snow settle easy on wet ground if cold enough?

Yes. We had two or three hours of rain before the snow on March 22nd (after a mild spell with ground temps much warmer to boot) and still recorded 8 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

John.Icy wrote: »
    GL's post in the technical thread is not pretty reading. One of the most knowledgeable posters you'll ever find on any weather forum - you don't want to hear him calling time on an event (in terms of widespread snow, not any snow at all).

For once, I hope he is absolutely clueless :o:P

Yep,I would definitely trust him,he is the harbinger of doom and gloom,but I think he's right.still just sleety rain here.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,924 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Belting rain in tuam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

its the heaviest snow ive ever heard hitting my roof.

Bucketing rain here in sw connemara, im expecting only puddles tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just travelled from Waterford to Tipp. Temp was 3 most if the way. Absolute lashing rain from Clonmel to Tipp. Sleety rain. Wind picking up now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Latest Rain will become latest Snow further North later, a set up like this is fairly rare , to those who get Snow photos please!

DQo_BPBXUAIJeYJ.jpg:large

Jesus ,some could get a right dumping if things go to plan later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

More green (sleet), and some red now showing (snow), could be starting to swing more Easterly now (rather than North) so top edge might just clip Louth.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-10_at_00.13.08.png

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Raining reasonably heavy in Castlebar now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

More green (sleet), and some red now showing (snow), could be starting to swing more Easterly now (rather than North) so top edge might just clip Louth.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-10_at_00.13.08.png

Already starting its stall at South Sligo and about to do a U ey back to Cork bye bye snow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Met Eireann need to be investigated for these false warnings

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Jobs OXO wrote: »

Hahaha....... unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

pauldry wrote: »
    Already starting its stall at South Sligo and about to do a U ey back to Cork bye bye snow
    Meaning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: Jobs OXO has received a warning for trolling.

Stop trying to derail the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Incorrect - they emphasised from midnight onwards and from 3am onwards more widely. Already snow is falling along parts of the northern flank of the front in Mayo and Westmeath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Meaning?

It does look to have stalled, or even gone back slightly at 00:15, probably rotating clockwise slightly as it meets the cooler Northern air. The green area is expanding slightly.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-10_at_00.23.11.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Where was Met E going with -6 tonight? Did anywhere even reach -2? I’m in Monaghan and heading back to Donegal and skies are clear and it’s about 0. No snow here and there will be none either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Mr.Oxo do you know Met Eireann have predicted the transition from sleet to snow in the west midlands from 12 to 3am. It's happening on the latest radar. The east midlands 3am on. So they're to be investigated for what exactly?

The Shleet/Shnow trinunal!

Your username reminds me that i'd actually love an oul cup of oxo now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭DaithiMa

Very cold rain, fairly heavy, falling now. 5 miles North/slightly west of Tuam 60m ASL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Lets burn the place down so this will never happen again!!

Advertisement