Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Wouldn't it be lovely if Fraxinus woke up to a foot of snow outside his door in the morning.

I'd say he'd be a really happy camper..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭DaithiMa

Snow now falling 5 miles north/slightly west of Tuam. 60m ASL. Slow transition from cold rain to sleet, and now it is snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Rain turned to heavy, driving snow here last 15 mins
    South Roscommon.

Settling already due to insensity, despite the prior rain.

Gerry Murphy take a bow!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Luke-m

sdanseo wrote: »
    Their website is appalling. I will say that much.

There is a new website to be launched soon. Don't know exact timing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

i am acually embarrised coming back on this site after a year of trying to get a grip of models myself if you cant be arsed to read thread. alot of people woud have known it was a rain to snow event.. its every man for themselves !!! may the snow be ever in your favour. fair play to all the regulars kept me amused as a lurker.hope you all get your sky full!!!

Every man for themselves indeed, but I think we are all united in beating England this event at least :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Glad to see some snow reports coming in. Thought it wasn't looking good there for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Billcarson

[QUOTE=pauldry;10551368

Re snow

Ive a feeling Mayo will do best outta this and North Galway n some of midlands[/QUOTE]

I'd go for west Meath being the sweet spot imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Milltown

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Mainly rain here in Newbridge with a slight hint of sleet starting to come through

2.4c , 0.3 DP , Wet bulb 1.5 , need that wet bulb to get dropping before I'm in on the action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Starting to rain here now in Meath Westmeath border

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Finally turned to wet snow/sleet here in East Galway.Now into bed to awake like a child to a brighter than normal room which can only mean... snow! (Maybe)

Met E radar for 1am and the predicted 18Z Hirlam for the same time. Pretty accurate I'd say....

435737.png
    435739.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dublin airport went from 1c at 12:30am to 4c at 1am.

Glad to see some snow reports coming in. Thought it wasn't looking good there for a while...

Fair play to you for calling it as you saw it. I genuinely mean that. Isn't it really knife edge stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Glasfield wrote: »
    Just went upstairs to tell the two kids, who are so excited that they still aren't asleep, we all went outside and stood in the falling snow, was absolutely freezing (what temperature I don't know) but so worth it

Send us some photos. Lucky you. Just rain here in Dublin 18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

What are you doing here? You made your bed, now lie in it. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Rain turned to heavy, driving snow here last 15 mins
    South Roscommon.

Settling already due to insensity, despite the prior rain.

Gerry Murphy take a bow!

Gerry Sleet Murphy as we like to call him around these parts ,

He was on RTE , think it was Ray Darcey show or something like that recently , comes across a really nice guy ( Completely off topic :D:D:D Sorry :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Some sleaty rain mix. D11

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Horrible wet night here in Cork. Hope you lucky ducks up the country enjoy the snow. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Fairly coming down in north east galway now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Dublin airport went from 1c at 12:30am to 4c at 1am.

Yes I must say it has suddenly felt a bit milder, that explains it. Still no precipitation here at Grange yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

I'm like a giddy schoolgirl running to every window with a flash lamp :) proper snow falling

nagdefy wrote: »
    Fair play to you for calling it as you saw it. I genuinely mean that. Isn't it really knife edge stuff..

And could still swing either way in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Heavy rain and strong wind here - hints of sleet in the heavier bursts. AWS reporting 6.3mm/hr rate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

sryanbruen wrote: »

Looks like we are just about to be penetrated...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nearly an hour of sleet in Castlebar, dp is gone down to - 2C, but struggling to transition so far unfortunately.

Gerry Sleet Murphy as we like to call him around these parts ,

He was on RTE , think it was Ray Darcey show or something like that recently , comes across a really nice guy ( Completely off topic :D:D:D Sorry :P )

Would it be too off topic, in homage to the great Gerry Murphy, to post this link?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Luke-m wrote: »
    There is a new website to be launched soon. Don't know exact timing though.
    The website seems fine to me. A little old-fashioned but it works as expected, and the mobile site works well if you're not looking for detailed info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

still raining here with a sleety mix 2.2 degrees galway city

Advertisement