Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Looks like we are just about to be penetrated...

Jaysus:eek: My back door is firmly closed..

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Fairly persistent snow falling now in castlebar. Sticking to cars, grass, ground building up slushy layers gradually turning white.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Turning more to snow here in east Galway. Can't go to bed, how sad am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

sdanseo wrote: »
    stevek93 wrote: »
    Waiting in Dublin here now
    You might be waiting a while , a long while at that ................ maybe even the next event Im sorry to say

Y'know I wonder. I'm near Swords and looking at this I'm seeing all sleet and no rain. And this before the peak yet after the temp rise.

We can always hope :)

ffdff797207ff45a1fd4b115eb3fe6fa.png
    What site is that chart from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Turning more to snow here in east Galway. Can't go to bed, how sad am I?

:) Same here at Westmeath/Meath border, keep giving it 10 mins extra!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

After my last report there was 15 minutes of rain, snowing now but ground very wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Already 7.5mm of rain in Waterford. If some places get this intensity as snow it'll be a big total.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The website seems fine to me. A little old-fashioned but it works as expected, and the mobile site works well if you're not looking for detailed info.

Their site is a bit rubbish to be honest, I've seen amateur websites that are better equipped. Small example, but if you go to the Latest Reports page, it's just a spreadsheet table full of station names and stats - if you don't know the station names off the top of your head, you have to go and consult a completely separate page which shows a tiny map and the station locations. It could easily be, and should be, presented as a proper map with those stats converted to graphics overlaid on the correct locations. That's just one example!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

There's been situations like this with a very similar outcome each time (since the end of 2009 I've seen 2 or 3). Areas from e.g. Claremorris eastwards as far as south Co. Cavan get heavy snow that barely sticks, but stick it does. The rest of us watch on with cold rain to fill our cups :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

Looks like we are just about to be penetrated...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

What site is that chart from?

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Dublin airport 4c and dp 0c...
    Just started to drizzle, I'm off to bed.
    I really thought this was it a few days ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

MJohnston wrote: »
    Their site is a bit rubbish to be honest, I've seen amateur websites that are better equipped. Small example, but if you go to the Latest Reports page, it's just a spreadsheet table full of station names and stats - if you don't know the station names off the top of your head, you have to go and consult a completely separate page which shows a tiny map and the station locations. It could easily be, and should be, presented as a proper map with those stats converted to graphics overlaid on the correct locations. That's just one example!

Yeah I like our Met and never knock their forecasts but the mobile site is so poor. Having to pick latest reports by stations is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Sleet turned to wet snow now in Kinnegad Co. Westmeath.

Sticking to cars at least so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Back in Donegal. A pleasant feel to the night. Not cold at all. Event is over. Doubt I’ll be on here for a good while as I believe the coming week is more of the same middle of the road weather. Might drop in over the Christmas

MOD NOTE
    Warning given for the constant goading

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lots of rain in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

The website is set for a relaunch soon from what I've heard, I don't find it too bad though it's definitely dated. The mobile site and app are really poor though for content, I find I have to force the desktop site any time I want to do more than just check the basic forecast, hopefully they'll be updated alongside the main website

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Glasfield

Send us some photos. Lucky you. Just rain here in Dublin 18

Have just about got kids back to bed, so won't take any photos til tomorrow morning, hopefully we still have snow at that stage!! Is there anything to be said for opening another beer to celebrate??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Thats it, I give in. More reports in the morning.

MJohnston wrote: »

I don't at all mind having the table, but since when do they have spreadsheets embedded in the website?! Anyway I can see not just the temperature but other pertinent stats at a glance with the table.

A lot of website remakes seem to revolve around making something look like whatever's trendy or sexy in 2017 without much foresight or substantial changes that actually improve the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lots of rain Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Snowing in Castlebar now, the wet sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Heavy snow shower in Loughrea after 2 hours plus of cold rain and sleet. Sticking to cars etc now but ground is saturated with a lot of surface water on roads. Be interesting to see what the morning brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Glasfield wrote: »
    Have just about got kids back to bed, so won't take any photos til tomorrow morning, hopefully we still have snow at that stage!! Is there anything to be said for opening another beer to celebrate??!!

Go for it. Saturday night after all!! Enjoy it and the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Rain turning to sleet/snow here in south Kikdare temp back down to 2° and wind picking up slightly.

Speak Now wrote: »
    Yeah I like our Met and never knock their forecasts but the mobile site is so poor. Having to pick latest reports by stations is ridiculous.

Just took a screenshot of their mobile site and attached it. The customisation of info is done by selecting your county of interest?

If you look back on threads around the time the mobile site was introduced, you'll find most people widely praised it as a big improvement on what was there before (an unworkable mess).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nothing in Clondalkin, streaming the nothing on YT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Pouring rain in Kilcock

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just took a screenshot of their mobile site and attached it. The customisation of info is done by selecting your county of interest?

That's not latest reports, that's the county by county forecast (which is imo completely useless).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note : See note in OP

MOD NOTE

This is a busy thread and as a result the Mod Team will be taking a zero Tolerance approach to trolling and flaming

Don’t say you weren’t warned!!

And please don’t feed - report & let the Mod team deal with it

Advertisement