Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Broadband FTTH Account Setup

Options
  • 08-12-2017 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,

I've sent a PM on this but have yet to get a reply.

It would appear that my broadband package has been setup for next generation broadband instead of the FTTH that I had initially agreed when setting up my account in store in Patrick Street, Cork. I've PM'd my eircode along with my account details etc.

I received a D2000 modem in the post earlier this week. This is when alarm bells started going off. Would I be correct in saying that this will not cater for FTTH and it should have been the F2000 that was sent out?

I was notified by text that there is an engineer calling to my home on the 14th to setup my broadband (after previously agreeing a date in store of the 8th). After speaking to very unhelpful customer service during the week, it would appear that my account was indeed setup incorrectly and that the engineer would only install NGB even though my house is compatible for FTTH. To upgrade to FTTH, I was advised to go ahead with the next generation install and then upgrade to FTTH (which has no additional cost) which would mean getting another engineer out afterwards on another date to install FTTH (meaning 2 x half days from work).

I wonder would it be possible to upgrade my account now, and get the engineer install FTTH on the 14th? Surely not a massive ask as nothing is live yet?

I have tried to contact the store numerous times, but their phone remains unanswered for the past week!

Could you give me a call on this to try and resolve.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Alan G wrote: »
    Hi,

I've sent a PM on this but have yet to get a reply.

It would appear that my broadband package has been setup for next generation broadband instead of the FTTH that I had initially agreed when setting up my account in store in Patrick Street, Cork. I've PM'd my eircode along with my account details etc.

I received a D2000 modem in the post earlier this week. This is when alarm bells started going off. Would I be correct in saying that this will not cater for FTTH and it should have been the F2000 that was sent out?

I was notified by text that there is an engineer calling to my home on the 14th to setup my broadband (after previously agreeing a date in store of the 8th). After speaking to very unhelpful customer service during the week, it would appear that my account was indeed setup incorrectly and that the engineer would only install NGB even though my house is compatible for FTTH. To upgrade to FTTH, I was advised to go ahead with the next generation install and then upgrade to FTTH (which has no additional cost) which would mean getting another engineer out afterwards on another date to install FTTH (meaning 2 x half days from work).

I wonder would it be possible to upgrade my account now, and get the engineer install FTTH on the 14th? Surely not a massive ask as nothing is live yet?

I have tried to contact the store numerous times, but their phone remains unanswered for the past week!

Could you give me a call on this to try and resolve.

Thanks
    Hi Alan,

I'll be back in touch through PM's with an update on this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

- Adam

Thanks Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Alan G wrote: »
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

- Adam

Thanks Adam
    You're welcome.

- Adam

Advertisement