Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2018 (5-8 July)

Options
  • 08-12-2017 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Went to the 2017 festival and it was great fun. Would definitely be tempted to return (though hopefully the weather will be better next summer!)

Rock Werchter 2018 will take place from 5-8 July.

Early announcements include Queens Of The Stone Age and Gorillaz on July 5, Pearl Jam headlining July 7, and Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds on Sunday 8 July.

More Info

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Went to the 2017 festival and it was great fun. Would definitely be tempted to return (though hopefully the weather will be better next summer!)

Rock Werchter 2018 will take place from 5-8 July.

Early announcements include Queens Of The Stone Age and Gorillaz on July 5, Pearl Jam headlining July 7, and Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds on Sunday 8 July.

More Info

I've been a few times and enjoy it but thinking of somewhere different this year? Mad Cool in Madrid, Bilbao BBK or Benicàssim (which looks a bargain).

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

I'm heading over too, not sure how many drinks tokens to buy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jack White and London Grammar added

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Snow Patrol, THE EELS, Fleet Foxes, Khalid and marshmello! added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Arctic Monkeys added today!

I went last year for the first time, it was something else. Would love to return again, it is quite on the steep side price wise. Roughly €500 for tickets, accomodation and flights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I went last year for the first time, it was something else. Would love to return again, it is quite on the steep side price wise. Roughly €500 for tickets, accomodation and flights.

Where did you stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Where did you stay?

We rented an 8 man army tent in the hive resort. The facilities there are top notch, would highly recommend it.

The army tent not so much as it was terrible at blocking out the cold and boy does it get cold at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

I have an apartment in Leuven for a week, looking at just under 500 too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Leuven is a lovely town

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Looking into booking this. Accom is scarce atm.. any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

wacotaco wrote: »

Tinder/POF? Arrange c*ck lodgings in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

wacotaco wrote: »

Assume you aren't a fan of camping then? I know it's a trek, but if accommodation is scarce, maybe look at Brussels. It's free travel, run well, so is manageable.

Or do what seachto said!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

We rented an 8 man army tent in the hive resort. The facilities there are top notch, would highly recommend it.

The army tent not so much as it was terrible at blocking out the cold and boy does it get cold at night!

5 of us (possibly 7 in total) have just booked a deluxe army tent for the weekend! The normal cheaper army tent sold out the night before we were ready to book. Do you have any tips for first timers staying in the hive resort? Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Really looking forward to this, myself and a pal are camping and I'm in the middle of finding out about the drinks tokens etc.

Some line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Weather is looking well and Belgium still in the world cup for extra craic :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Can't wait! Weather looks great, good line up, nice beer and football too.

Advertisement