Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Let me know if I missed any, moving at good pace.

Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds;

Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose;

JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries;

Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt;

DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville;

Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch;

Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa;

beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio;

Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black;

Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain;

Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner;

ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate;

paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Bobby Roode; Rusev and Wade Barrett;

connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader;

A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler;

daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson;

Kolido: Edge; Sting; Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws;

LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Scott Hall & Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay;

Alfred Borden: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude;

SlickRic: Mick Foley; CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Right now, I think dark matches are such a different thing down the years as well in different promotions as they evolved.

I personally think dark matches as such should be allowed to a certain point. as it was said earlier, a dark match for one promotion is different for another bigger promotion. I like to reward research too when people find picks. But I will rule with the majority here on this matter.

On another note, I have to rule on a different matter.

A pick was made yesterday that slipped through me without a second thought.

Paulie drafted Rusev and Wade Barrett.

I assumed they went last year as a team and didnt give the pick a review. Nor did Paulie ask for clarification.

Now its been 24 hours and only now was it brought to my attention. The pick is not good, it doesnt fall into a tag team pick under the rules. I cant see many matches they actually tagged as a duo. They arent eligible for those reasons.

But since they were missed by me and thats my fault, not Paulies. I am ruling here that the pick stands but shall not be a team going forward. I understand thats probably unfair to a point, but its the best and most reasonable thing I can do.

I hope this clarifies things.

Sorry for any inconvience and I hope you all continue, but understand if you arent happy. Thats on me

5 Posts Max
    On the basis so many picks happened since the Rusev and Wade duo then I support decision to allow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

6 Posts Max
    I dont agree with that decision. The error was highlighted immediately and Paulie was well aware that Wade Barrett wasn't a valid tag partner (only after the discussion on this thread). I was not aware of any rule that means a wrong pick becomes a valid pick after 24 hours

I'll stand by the decision but i just disagree with it

6 Posts Max
    I dont agree with that decision. The error was highlighted immediately and Paulie was well aware that Wade Barrett wasn't a valid tag partner (only after the discussion on this thread). I was not aware of any rule that means a wrong pick becomes a valid pick after 24 hours

I'll stand by the decision but i just disagree with it

There is no rule. Its a judgement call

Further more all i can say its my fault. It only came to my attention in the last half hour.

With so many picks since it be unfair to paulie to re do his pick. Thats my call. Sorry guys. I really hope you arent too angry with my call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    I think its best if I remove Barrett from my roster, I never had any plans for him anyway I was drafting Rusev and it popped into my head did he team with anyone and I remembered League Of Nations but didn't realise the faction rule until DM7 mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    When highlighted last night, Paulie did admit he was willing to for-go Wade?

But your the boss Joe, and if you decide to allow it, no issues here.

5 Posts Max
    paulie21 wrote: »
    I think its best if I remove Barrett from my roster, I never had any plans for him anyway I was drafting Rusev and it popped into my head did he team with anyone and I remembered League Of Nations but didn't realise the faction rule until DM7 mentioned it.

He does have a partner now so a swap would be a fair option.

6 Posts Max
    daithi1989 wrote: »

I didnt see the posts at all until now. I was only made aware a half hour ago from a pm asking for clarity.

6 Posts Max
    daithi1989 wrote: »

If you wanna drop Wade that would be the honourable thing but its very unfair to you considering how many picks went since then. Its not an ideal solution, i dont feel one exists and thats down to my own oversight of missing it initially. I wont be asking you to change.

Whats done is done and it was wrong, but i feel we should proceed anyway.

Im sorry guys, playing the WW game over in forum games took my concentration this past few days and ive ****ed up, not pauloe or any of you guys. Its me

Im sorry

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »

If hes happy to swap Wade for his other partner then ill allow it, but i wont force paulie to do that either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Hehehe...

Whoops. Sowwy Joe :P

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Hehehe...

Whoops. Sowwy Joe :P

Im an addict. Wasnt even gonna play. Best game for me yet

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im an addict. Wasnt even gonna play. Best game for me yet

Me too... although.. it's caused quite an amount of hassle... I'm gonna leave it at that obviously as there's another place for that discussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »

If hes happy to swap Wade for his other partner then ill allow it, but i wont force paulie to do that either.
    I’m happy either way. I’ll take said partner if people don’t have any complaints

6 Posts Max
    I’m happy either way. I’ll take said partner if people don’t have any complaints

You're a good lad Paulie.

Any objections......

6 Posts Max
    Looking back i missed a whole page worth if posts. Blame me. .... necro too a little but mainly me

5 Posts Max

No complaints Paulie, whatever suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    Sorry folks, it'll be around 6 before I get to make my pick as I'm at work and can't remember everyone on my list that's actually eligible for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Great pick by Brad. As soon as I saw the RoH round in for the first 5 of this round I knew there was no chance Kyle O'Reilly made it through unpicked.

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Sorry folks, it'll be around 6 before I get to make my pick as I'm at work and can't remember everyone on my list that's actually eligible for me

Great pick Brad. Was going to pick them but had to go with King Neville as (like I said on thread) he was my favourite performer last year.

Good picks in the ROH part (If i say so myself). Glad three true ROH stars were picked in Aries, Cole and O'Reilly.

Thumbs up for the stip.

5 Posts Max
    Those damn dudley's! I think Bully Ray, as a former TNA champ, means they can't be picked together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. Happy with the Dudleys.

5 Posts Max
    Those damn dudley's! I think Bully Ray, as a former TNA champ, means they can't be picked together.

Yep, totally overlooked that. I'll have a re-think.

5 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Yep, totally overlooked that. I'll have a re-think.

Pick updated. Really struggled with that stip.

5 Posts Max
    Pick updated. Really struggled with that stip.

Yeah I'm having similar issues in finding something to fit my roster. Plans 1 and 2 were already picked so I'm on plan pick anybody :P

5 Posts Max
    Has Tully competed in NJPW? Looked at them for my pick but couldn't find something for him in New Japan, only had a quick look mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    Has Tully competed in NJPW? Looked at them for my pick but couldn't find something for him in New Japan, only had a quick look mind?

He had a single match in 1995

5 Posts Max
    Pick up and PM sent. I think Inoki suits my roster. Had a couple of other ways I could go after a look on wikipedia, but there's a few directions I can go with him.

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    He had a single match in 1995

Cheers. That's a cracking pick.

Advertisement