Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Has Tully competed in NJPW? Looked at them for my pick but couldn't find something for him in New Japan, only had a quick look mind?

Sorry I should’ve said it in my post but he wrestled Tatsumi Fujinami in New Japan in 1995 and Arn wrestled in all the WCW/New Japan co events in 1991

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Epic picks.

Yeah the world title rule knocked the dudleys on the head.

On the flip side uncle walt does it again.

6 Posts Max
    Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Sorry I should’ve said it in my post but he wrestled Tatsumi Fujinami in New Japan in 1995 and Arn wrestled in all the WCW/New Japan co events in 1991

Both eligible. Great pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Kolido wrote: »
    Draft pick No. 5 for Kolido Promotions

On request from our No. 1 pick, we are proud to announce the signing of

...Captain Charisma...

Christian.

giphy.gif

Roster:

Edge
    Sting
    Nash
    New Age Outlaws
    Christian

The pick of the draft ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The pick of the draft ;)

I thought it was in the unwritten rules that only you were able to draft him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Every year. It's like somebody has drafted your child :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    I thought it was in the unwritten rules that only you were able to draft him

Too much fantasy dirty smut would be written, no in ring wrestling :p I would not do him justice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Been watching the picks thread for a couple of days and I can't believe some of the names that are still up for grabs.

There's certain rosters I see and think I have the perfect guy for a feud with that pick and then said drafter goes a totally different way. Its amazing how many permutations there are in directions you could go.

I'll follow on closely anyway. Also thanks guys for making it an easier read this year. One of the big reasons for not much outside participation is its such a big undertaking to read it all. Its all good content and deserves to be read. So to sum up the new version (of 3 pieces per drafter I believe?) should be a much easier read.

Great work!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and Pm sent. Was worried with the NJPW rule but glad i could still get Cody (Scrull was one of my back up picks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent to Joe. I am delighted with that pick. After 5 rounds I can honestly say I am delighted with my roster so far.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    I have no idea who i want a few names come to mind ill have my pick up in yhe next few hours spongey

6 Posts Max
    Oh and Kenta was my number 1 pick. Knew hed go though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    Hope I didnt step on anyones toes with my last pick or is that just a running gag here. Im new to this gane :)

6 Posts Max
    Its a running gag. Liz has a thing of the C in E and C. Likes to draft him most years

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Kolido wrote: »
    Hope I didnt step on anyones toes with my last pick or is that just a running gag here. Im new to this gane :)

Not at all Liz loves Christian, that is all. So we have fun with that.

I think Liz might secretly prefer Austin Aries, don't tell anyone though.

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Not at all Liz loves Christian, that is all. So we have fun with that.

I think Liz might secretly prefer Austin Aries, don't tell anyone though.

A certain celeb of the Star Trek fame too

6 Posts Max
    Right, been debating who to pick all morning, will have my pick up shortly as I dont want to delay the game, but I really just cant decided

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Think you made a good decision, I knew Gargano & Ciampo would go in this NXT portion of this round it was just a question of how early. Now only 3 more left who could mess things up for me :)

Speaking of which now that WW game is over, the end of term (for the older kids I teach) has arrived and a Family wedding are all out of the way I can actually start paying enough attention to this to plan who to pick next. Dusty, Kobashi & misawa were not all long term plans really, just kinda happened when it got to me.

6 Posts Max
    Think you made a good decision, I knew Gargano & Ciampo would go in this NXT portion of this round it was just a question of how early. Now only 3 more left who could mess things up for me :)

Speaking of which now that WW game is over, the end of term (for the older kids I teach) has arrived and a Family wedding are all out of the way I can actually start paying enough attention to this to plan who to pick next. Dusty, Kobashi & misawa were not all long term plans really, just kinda happened when it got to me.

Ì had 3 other teams plus a singles star in mind. Went with these guys..... hoping I can get some opponents fot them next.

Not set on them, so I am open to a trade. Could have easily went for the 3 other teams. The fact that they arent on the main roster swung it to be honest

6 Posts Max
    And the Top guys go. I had them taken , post written and all but changed at the last second. Great pick

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Going to the Cinema to see Coco now, so will have the round order up shortlly.

6 Posts Max
    Yep Revival and DIY were always going to be gone before my NXT pick this round, thankfully neither were (hopefully) my pick.

Anyone already thinking about trading people. I think Dusty could be great to write for but as said before atm I have not made full plans for him, Kobashi & Misawa but I don't expect to trade them.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Favourable Draws in R1-4 seem so long ago now! The Stips in R5 combined with a high draw in R6 has my plans scraped and back to the drawing board!! No way my planned selections last!!

6 Posts Max
    daithi1989 wrote: »
    Favourable Draws in R1-4 seem so long ago now! The Stips in R5 combined with a high draw in R6 has my plans scraped and back to the drawing board!! No way my planned selections last!!

#20 here in the next round.

Time for plan ummm T?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Thankfully I have my major plans in place so it's only filling out my card now. Andre was the preferred option but I think I can make things work with Inoki :D

6 Posts Max
    Honestly completely forgot that Kane wrestled in NXT (not a one off too) so nice drafting Alfred. Considered changing tact when I was got #2 for the next round and taking a bigger name singles star but Jimmy and Jey have been on fire since they stopped being Vanilla Babyfaces and being Roman Reign's family doesn't hurt too. Not to mention that even just in our 5 poster NXT part of this round 4 tag teams went so good to get the current tag champs on board.

PM sent to MNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    Not to mention that even just in our 5 poster NXT part of this round 4 tag teams went so good to get the current tag champs on board.

That was my main thinking behind picking Future Shock. Had a few singles options that I wanted more, Marty Scurll for example, but I really feared people going nuts on tag teams this round considering how good NXT's & new Japan's are.

FWIW it was me questioning the dark match rule with Johnny Gargano. He wrestled a dark match for ROH in 08, it wasn't on TV or PPV so literally just an event in front of 400 people. I don't understand what the context of a dark match could be for a show like this so hoped for some clarification. Since there was nothing decisive said about it I decided to avoid potential hassle and pass on him and Ciampa but still wondering what this dark match actually was?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    Blargh, was hoping DIY would last till the TNA round cause the dark match discussion would have cropped up there too :(

6 Posts Max
    BH, The Revival and Uso's were 2 of the other tag teams I had considered. I so nearly ruined your plans

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Blargh, was hoping DIY would last till the TNA round cause the dark match discussion would have cropped up there too :(

I maybe be open to trades. No major plans set in stone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Love the Uso pick. They are my other favourite act of 2017 and did not consider them at all this round as they were not in ROH obviously.

Advertisement