Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Pick up and PM sent. Hope Kolido is happy I reunited the Brood.

Could have taken a partner with Helms but I have a specific role designed for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    I'll have my pick up shortly.

Update: Pick made and PM sent. Happy to finish off my fifth and final tag pick with them.

Thanks for Sasha MNG. I was thrown initially as she doesn't really fit in with my plans but I've already managed to come up with a couple of possible routes to go with her. Could work out well. I've a stacked female roster now anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Pick up and PM sent. Hope Kolido is happy I reunited the Brood.

Could have taken a partner with Helms but I have a specific role designed for him.

Before this round started, had a feeling you would get me either x pac or gangrel, they were on my list of potentail signings, well happy with that pick, cheers Necro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    Hey Necro hope that pick is alright. Think her and Chyna would be an interesting pairing as a team or against each other

5 Posts Max
    paulie21 wrote: »
    Hey Necro hope that pick is alright.

Better than alright! That was my next pick!!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Should have my pick up ASAP folks.

Just deciding which of my two ideas I want/need more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Im glad im not picking yet..... still havent decided whom to pick for walt.

5 Posts Max
    Hey,

I've checked and doubled checked. Am I right in saying Alexa Bliss is yet undrafted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

6 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Hey,

I've checked and doubled checked. Am I right in saying Alexa Bliss is yet undrafted?

You're right, she's not been picked yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,877 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im glad im not picking yet..... still havent decided whom to pick for walt.

I'm the same for you so all take your time picking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

6 Posts Max
    Pick made PM sent

Didn't plan on Nigel but he can probably fill the role I had in mind for Shieky

Hope Al is happy with Paige though. Top women with a different character than most and storyline potential as a result, could always hang around with bulldog too if you want British stable too for example.

Paige was my next pick so thanks man :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    I hope you're happy with getting Suzuki for realsies this time Shag

5 Posts Max
    Was totally puzzled that Alexa Bliss hadn't gone considering the amount of females that have now been selected. Hopefully it's someone you can work with Paulie.

I'm sure you'll all agree this really is the tough part of the draft. Picking the main event scene is a doddle. Getting down to the nitty gritty, shaping your whole fed. So many wrestlers you have listed seem to drop extra fast in these rounds.

6 Posts Max
    Shag just broke my heart picking Mr Clark.... damn it, knew i should of picked him up sooner

5 Posts Max
    I hope you're happy with getting Suzuki for realsies this time Shag

I had a feeling you would pick up on that. Thanks a million. It's like I threw my rattle out the pram last night and you just handed it back.

Sorry Beaker. I'm happy to land Velveteen Dream but I'm probably only 75% sure what I've planned for him so he may be up for trade. Since day one I thought him V Goldust could be great but I think I've gone off that idea.

Getting a serious bang of NXT off my fed.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    I had a feeling you would pick up on that. Thanks a million. It's like I threw my rattle out the pram last night and you just handed it back.

Sorry Beaker. I'm happy to land Velveteen Dream but I'm probably only 75% sure what I've planned for him so he may be up for trade. Since day one I thought him V Goldust could be great but I think I've gone off that idea.

Getting a serious bang of NXT off my fed.

You can always trade him. I had a great little plan for him, really high on him. Was hoping with him not on The takeover this weekend people might miss him. Ah well back to the drawing board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Would ye mind at all leaving some talent for the fella who is last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Would ye mind at all leaving some talent for the fella who is last

It's a bad round to have a late pick. Double the amount af talent going off the board each pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    Pick made.
    PM sent.

It's definitely harder picking for someone else.

6 Posts Max
    SlickRic wrote: »
    Pick made.
    PM sent.

It's definitely harder picking for someone else.

Walt's roster is hard for me , think i have someone in mind though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

6 Posts Max
    Sorry Slick if its not what you want. Would have given you AJ Lee if she wasnt picked earlier. No obvious connections to your roster that i could think of

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    This round is tough on my list of options. Between relaxing the world champion rule to people gettting their gifts, anarchy!

6 Posts Max
    With Elias and Velveteen Dream gone, i have to reevalute my options. Ill try have my picks up quickly thoigh5

6 Posts Max
    Sorry Slick if its not what you want. Would have given you AJ Lee if she wasnt picked earlier. No obvious connections to your roster that i could think of

No you're good! I would've definitely picked him in later rounds.

And AJ would've been picked by me this round, if she hadn't been nicked right before me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    This round is tough on my list of options. Between relaxing the world champion rule to people gettting their gifts, anarchy!

could be worse, you could have just announced on thread that your out of tag picks and will just be going for singles guys when Beaker announced this stip and the fact that 20 extra singles stars (cos they can't pick tag picks) would be going this round on top of the usual.

ho hum nothing can be done tho.

Ha nice pick for your friend Walt, I came very close to picking Sheiky & Volkoff when I went for Bockwinkel instead

5 Posts Max
    I need.... TWO picks to start writing. I'm 90 per cent certain I'll get both, but holding off until I get them both before committing pen to paper (or text to google docs, whatevs :P)

6 Posts Max
    Ok have my pick, now onto Walt........

Should I go with someone whos associated with someone on his roster, or someone who would fit his roster, someone I think he'd like to draft.,.,,,

Im leaning towards the latter

6 Posts Max
    Pick made...... pm sent.

Hope Walt is pleased. I loved writing for Magnum and I think he fits in well with Tully Arn and the Freebirds

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Pick made...... pm sent.

Hope Walt is pleased. I loved writing for Magnum and I think he fits in well with Tully Arn and the Freebirds

Thanks Joe, Magnum suits my roster incredibly! What a pick for this stage of the game!

6 Posts Max
    Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Thanks Joe, Magnum suits my roster incredibly! What a pick for this stage of the game!

You gotta be kind if Im to expect Liz to be kind...... A great underated pick is Terry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    You gotta be kind if Im to expect Liz to be kind...... A great underated pick is Terry

Karma!

5 Posts Max
    Pick made...... pm sent.

Finally someone picked Hussan. Finally. The temptation can now disappear entirely to fall back into old ways :D

Great character to write for, had a lot of fun the last two years.

6 Posts Max
    Hassan didn't fit my roster or plans or he'd have been gone ages ago.

Superb draft pick and a heat magnet.

5 Posts Max
    SlickRic wrote: »
    Hassan didn't fit my roster or plans or he'd have been gone ages ago.

Superb draft pick and a heat magnet.

Agreed. Initial plans were a continuation of the last two years of my NCW storylines involving Hussan but I went in... another direction as is apparent :)

6 Posts Max
    Ive no plans with Hussan but i love his character. He will fit teh narrative I have for my roster easily, but how to get the best out of him is the next question

4 Posts Max

I hope Eddie is ok for you Joe ;) he usually gets picked with Davey as tag team, is this the first year he has gone on his own?

6 Posts Max
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Eddie is ok for you Joe ;) he usually gets picked with Davey as tag team, is this the first year he has gone on his own?

Ill happily take him. Cheers Liz, i hope Lee is kind to you

5 Posts Max
    I was expecting a low draw in the next average order round, draft gods have been kind this year... luckily I don't need a celebrity... although... should the right one come up...

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    I was expecting a low draw in the next average order round, draft gods have been kind this year... luckily I don't need a celebrity... although... should the right one come up...

With the round averages working out at between 9 and 11.5, no one has had an alltogether shocking draw or too kind bar maybe Kolido. Its working out well

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Also id love a celeb. Have an idea but doubt they will go un drafted

5 Posts Max
    Yeah I'd definitely draft a certain type of celeb if they were available... highly doubtful though so I'll more than likely complete out the guys I need to begin writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    Guys, a quick question, is it mandatory to have a female division on your roster, I've yet to draft any?

5 Posts Max
    Kolido wrote: »
    Guys, a quick question, is it mandatory to have a female division on your roster, I've yet to draft any?

Nope. I had none in my first year at all.

Edit: And I was considering doing the same this year if Chyna went tbh.

6 Posts Max
    Kolido wrote: »

Not at all, its up to you.

Also its not mandatory to draft a celeb. All optional.

Also if Lord TSC is reading, please pick a number for the rumble sweep .... the round order of round 11 will be determined by it.

Though i may push this to round 12 if we move at a faster pace and reach round 11 before sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Delighted to pick up Devlin. Feel he will fit in perfectly with my roster of (mostly) junior heavyweights.

Also hope Liz is happy with Petey. He is somebody I strongly considered for my own roster.

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Looking at the draw it has been very kind to everyone thus far. Nobody has landed a stinker.

I had a celeb in mind but given that I'm first pick of the round I really have to pick "himself" now.

4 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Delighted to pick up Devlin. Feel he will fit in perfectly with my roster of (mostly) junior heavyweights.

Also hope Liz is happy with Petey. He is somebody I strongly considered for my own roster.

:cool:

I will find use for him ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    I'm glad I'm further down the celeb round tbh. There's two or three I'd feel I have to choose if I had a good pick. I'd be very hopeful of grabbing who I want in the celeb round now.

5 Posts Max
    Looking at the draw it has been very kind to everyone thus far. Nobody has landed a stinker.

I had a celeb in mind but given that I'm first pick of the round I really have to pick "himself" now.

:pac::pac: I had the same problem last year. Great fun to write for but the fear is 'himself' can overshadow other things a little.

6 Posts Max
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm further down the celeb round tbh. There's two or three I'd feel I have to choose if I had a good pick. I'd be very hopeful of grabbing who I want in the celeb round now.

PICK A NUMBER! (Please :D)

Royal Rumble Sweep for round 11 draw order

• Advertisement
Advertisement