Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    and another plan disappears , thought I might nab Enzo & Cass before the next round when Cass would have been off the board, nicely done Necro

I hadn't even seen the stip when I picked tbh. Thought they'd have gone in the NXT round if I'm honest but glad to get them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Ive 5 picks ear marked for a role in the next round, cant wait to see them all disappear since Im at pick number 16. FIOLED BY MY OWN STIPULATIONS

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    I thought up some ideas for my shows, which is a nice change for me, the only problem is I don't have the people I need for my ideas!

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    I thought up some ideas for my shows, which is a nice change for me, the only problem is I don't have the people I need for my ideas!

Ive great ideas for my lower end of the card, no chance of obtaining half of these guys though. Its always the way.

5 Posts Max
    Need three more picks to tighten up and flesh out my plans. Doubtful I'll get them all but I have a good few back ups so should be able to work with what I get.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Need three more picks to tighten up and flesh out my plans. Doubtful I'll get them all but I have a good few back ups so should be able to work with what I get.

Thats it though, my first choices are most likely no goers but ya never know. I have back ups in my head for each position now so its all about who goes where.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »

I've been working off a central idea since the start. It has mutated/evolved a good bit based on who I've managed to draft, but it's broadly similar to what I originally envisaged. Have a couple more picks in mind to flesh things out, but I'm pretty happy at present.

6 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I've been working off a central idea since the start. It has mutated/evolved a good bit based on who I've managed to draft, but it's broadly similar to what I originally envisaged. Have a couple more picks in mind to flesh things out, but I'm pretty happy at present.

Some picks are blessings in disguise. You may miss out on someone, but the brain juices can really flow when you have to adapt and be flexible with your plans.

5 Posts Max
    I'm genuinely excited to see what everyone else's plans for the write ups are. Each roster looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and Pm sent.. I honestly don’t mean for my roster to be so retro but all the modern wrestler pics i wanted so far have been snapped up! So this could definitely go against me!

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Pick made and Pm sent.. I honestly don’t mean for my roster to be so retro but all the modern wrestler pics i wanted so far have been snapped up! So this could definitely go against me!

I really hoped people forgor about him, Damn you walt..... one more name off my list

5 Posts Max
    I was going to pick Dynamite this round, put him against Neville.

But held off as I knew someone like Walt would be better at writing for him than me. Thought I miht struggle as I am not that clued in on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max

Dynamite Kid is a great pick, had him in mind too for this round, surprised he lasted this long, expected him to go with Davey Boy early on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Another of the list with Dynamite but I didn't think he would last past you or MNG. Really scrambling for a pick now let alone two picks close enough together when I probably should have something planned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max

I'v had the same issue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    Don't know how Dynamite lasted this far. I would have taken him if he were available.

I'll have my pick up shortly.

Update: Pick made and PM sent. Delighted to get these fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Have a pick ready, but doubting something about it, so just going to PM Joe to make sure it would be allowed.

6 Posts Max
    If Joe isn't about and you need, my name is technically in his picks thread OP in case people want to query picks.

6 Posts Max
    daithi1989 wrote: »
    Have a pick ready, but doubting something about it, so just going to PM Joe to make sure it would be allowed.

Ive replied to you :)

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent.

Was doubting if they had tagged long enough, and didnt wanna fall into the same LoN issue with Rusev and Barrett from earlier in the comp!

Happy with that duo - still no idea where I'm heading with things, but have a few ideas!

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent.

Was doubting if they had tagged long enough, and didnt wanna fall into the same LoN issue with Rusev and Barrett from earlier in the comp!

Happy with that duo - still no idea where I'm heading with things, but have a few ideas!

They tagged from Feb to May at least so thats easily your 3 months in there.

5 Posts Max
    Nerves jangling a bit. A few options, 2 ahead of me... 1 I really REALLY want.

This is Braun all over again BH!!!

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Nerves jangling a bit. A few options, 2 ahead of me... 1 I really REALLY want.

This is Braun all over again BH!!!

tbh at the start I didn't care as people were taken as I knew 75% of my planned picks would go but there was a stretch there were they all went and now im like this with each next one after i've just had to change me plans.
    tenor.gif?itemid=7842258

I didn't take your man then so hopefully once I get who I want (though thats changed a few times recently) I won't again here.

6 Posts Max
    Pick query guys.

2 guys tagged together for a total of 8 matches over a peroid of Jan 10th to May 20th, with the bulk of the matches taking place in jan and feb then 1 match each in March April and May.

Does this class as a tag team. The source is wrestlingdata however I can not find any record of the matches on cagematch.com or the internet fight database.

Im inclined to allow it as the tagged for more than 3 months just. Thoughts?

I think it falls within the rules. We had a similar pick last year were a tag team queried that had 4 matches in just over 3 months

5 Posts Max
    I would say yes unless it affects my pick :pac:

Then... NO WAY :P

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Pick query guys.

2 guys tagged together for a total of 8 matches over a peroid of Jan 10th to May 20th, with the bulk of the matches taking place in jan and feb then 1 match each in March April and May.

Does this class as a tag team. The source is wrestlingdata however I can not find any record of the matches on cagematch.com or the internet fight database.

I think it falls within the rules. We had a similar pick last year were a tag team queried that had 4 matches in just over 3 months

After my recent pick, think I'd be happy to allow!

6 Posts Max
    After my recent pick, think I'd be happy to allow!

Well your pick tagged quite a bit compared to this team, its the amount of matches thats making me hold off. But the pick gets the thumbs up from me IMO

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Pick query guys.

I think let it go since the rules allow it.

I think tag teams need to be smartened up next year. Pushed out to 6 months or 3 months with a tag team title reign in a significant promotion. I think it would be good to see more tag teams picked to be used as tag teams. I say this having picked a 'weak' tag team myself already but would have picked Neville on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Could be a great find. It'd nearly say yes. If somebody tagged for 5 or 6 episodes of RAW (for example) I'd probably class them as a tag team.

Would be puzzled why it isn't on cagematch or internet fight database. Their stuff is generally bulletproof.

Have you checked if they've been picked as a couple before?

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Could be a great find. It'd nearly say yes. If somebody tagged for 5 or 6 episodes of RAW (for example) I'd probably class them as a tag team.

Would be puzzled why it isn't on cagematch or internet fight database. Their stuff is generally bulletproof.

Have you checked if they've been picked as a couple before?

Never picked as a team before.

Its the fact its not on cagematch that got my attention, never heard of wrestling data myself until now.

Advertisement