Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    If anyone is wondering what cagematch is....

....it's nothing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Basically how reliable is the wrestling data site

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Basically how reliable is the wrestling data site

It is more extensive than other sites for sure.

If you wanted to verify a show it could be googled in its own right. On that site the show card can be clicked giving dates, times etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Yey! Bludgeon Brothers :) That's me happy for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Yey! Bludgeon Brothers :) That's me happy for the night.

I nearly ruined your plans so! Almost drafted them!

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    daithi1989 wrote: »
    I nearly ruined your plans so! Almost drafted them!

Funnily enough I figured if they slipped past you I would probably get them so I was happy with your selection... even though Dain was on my list as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    BH

What a pick

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    Question on the upcoming stip: I gather NXT titles count but what about WWECW titles, i.e. when ECW was running as a WWE show? Are they perceived as WWE Titles?

6 Posts Max
    Question on the upcoming stip: I gather NXT titles count but what about WWECW titles, i.e. when ECW was running as a WWE show? Are they perceived as WWE Titles?

Hmmmm never thought about that..... id be inclined to allow them once under the WWE banner

5 Posts Max
    Hmmmm never thought about that..... id be inclined to allow them once under the WWE banner

I thought all the champions of WWECW would have held other WWE championships.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Happy to have gotten the four guys I did, a lot of my plans went off the table in that last round and I know I won't be picking for a long time again but those guys give me options on my roster. Could be all used in different storyline roles

6 Posts Max
    2 good picks this morning, I had ideas for all 3 guys (Booker, Godfather and Val) but never thought they would get to me.

Jesse Ventura going was a blow as I had hoped he would slip through but his lack of Title meant he is not available this round anyway.

I have some ideas though when it comes round to me, 3 picks in my head.

5 Posts Max
    Booker is always someone I think about drafting but never pull the trigger on. Ditto with Val Venis. Can be used in a variety of ways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    Booker was who I considered drafting in the TNA round, before going with Bobby. Am shocked he lasted that long. He's a bonifide main event talent, and is incredibly flexible. I couldn't believe he hadn't gone yet, and was really hoping he'd slip through to my pick.

5 Posts Max
    Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid;

Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi

JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries; Tyson Kidd and DH Smith;

Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt; The Revival (Dash and Dawson); War Machine; Booker T;

DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair;

Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch; Marty Scurll; Asuka; Stephanie McMahon;

Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa; The Usos; Jimmy Snuka & Jesse Ventura, Val Venis & The Godfather

beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio; Gargano and Ciampa; Paul Heyman;

Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett;

Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain; Antonio Inoki; Big Cass & Enzo Amore; The Bludgeon Brothers (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper)

Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner; Rob Van Dam; Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody; William Regal and Lance Storm;

ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate; Goldust; John Bradshaw Layfield;

paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Bobby Roode; Rusev and Aidan English; Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas; Sheamus;

connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita;

A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler; Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole; Jason Jordan and Chad Gable;

daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson; Bully Ray (Dudley); Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dane;

Kolido: Edge; Sting; Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid;

LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Scott Hall & Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan;

Alfred Borden: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude; Kane; Lex Luger; Jeff Jarrett

SlickRic: Mick Foley; CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk; Umaga; Jerry 'The King' Lawler

5 Posts Max
    Eager to see a few more picks, I had zero names on my list with the stip but a few came to mind today. Want to see if they get wiped off so I can think up a few more.

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. Wasn't sold on one particular wrestler for my pick, so went with Steph. Should be a decent authority figure.

5 Posts Max
    Nothing setting me alight with ideas at the moment so thought I Stephanie might slip through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Lita and Steph are good picks at this stage

Is this the first year in a while Lita has gone picked alone?

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

New rules she has to. The women's world title belts are being treated the same as the men's.

Stupid equality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She was a solo pick last year too.

5 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    She was a solo pick last year too.

That was because of a stip though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. Feel these guys fit my roster nicely and like I said in the write-up, it provides a nice insurance policy if I need a commissioner/manager type.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    I cam soo close to picking Regal last round (and it would have been with Storm) but atm have Ventura penciled in for that role. I could still trade himself or even someone like Dusty however but as of right now it'd take a very good offer for me to change things up as I dunno how i'd fill that role now with people like Lord Stevie disappearing.

5 Posts Max
    I'm actually surprised at the lack of trades thus far tbh. Working on graphics for my roster today. This is the type of stuff I love re: Draft time :D

6 Posts Max
    I'm actually surprised at the lack of trades thus far tbh. Working on graphics for my roster today. This is the type of stuff I love re: Draft time :D

Well I havent announced that trading can commence yet, so that could be the reason..... :pac:

Some may be ready to be announced

5 Posts Max
    Well I havent announced that trading can commence yet, so that could be the reason..... :pac:

Some may be ready to be announced

Ah I was wondering about that :o:o

It's usually round 5 isn't it? Don't have any trades lined mind, but I can always be tempted.

6 Posts Max
    Ah I was wondering about that :o:o

It's usually round 5 isn't it? Don't have any trades lined mind, but I can always be tempted.

Round 8 my furry friend

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Always like seeing a good trade. Mixes it up a good bit. I'm not 100% on a direction or idea for JBL so if anybody is perticularly interested I'd be open to possible business.

Advertisement