Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Always like seeing a good trade. Mixes it up a good bit. I'm not 100% on a direction or idea for JBL so if anybody is perticularly interested I'd be open to possible business.

My problem is with tades its sometime syou ahve to comprise star power for who fits the story.

I find it hard to scarifice a pick I made in round 4 who I have nothing for for a pick in round 7/8 who I would have an idea for. I feel short changed and too Stubborn to cut my losses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    And here's my efforts so far.... might have to make some of the big guys a bit smaller as my roster fills up though :pac:

NCW%20Roster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Will have the pick up shortly!

6 Posts Max
    Thoughts on Rosters thus far :

Uncle Walt:
    HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid;

A retro roster of sorts, but a wide variety of talent who haven’t really wrestled eachother. Brian Pillman is a great steal, had him last year and he was a blast. Im sure himself and HBK can create magic if you go down that road. Also a late draft of Billington can easily be a main event talent too. You also have a very strong tag division which I am very jealous of.
    Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi

A good variery of main event talent. Nak v Brock seems like the obvious choice but a New Day v Brock feud could be a show stealer if done carefully. Bobby v Brock also has a lot of drawing power considering the backgrounds of each guy. Lots of scope here
    JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries; Tyson Kidd and DH Smith;
    A very Liz esque roster if I do say so, lots of people you’ve had previously. Aries, Morrison and EC3 are all potential top feuds if you pair them with D. Bryan. Morriosn could easily lend himself to a nice tag division to take on Kidd and Hart. Love Kidd personally and look forward to how you book em.
    Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt; The Revival (Dash and Dawson); War Machine; Booker T;

Steamboat v Taker is the feud I want but Booker T, DiBiases and Wyatts main event appeal and history with Taker gives you a nice set of options for your top draw. Wyatts and his Daddy also gives you a few different avenues to explore. War machine and The Revival is a top match anywhere in the world. Great roster
    DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair;

Rock, Naito, Del Rio and Jake are all top level performers and you have many options for your top feud, but Jake stands out to me as the ideal guy to face Rock, maybe because Im a Jake mark. Had him a few years back and regret not making him the heel. Neville was a guy I loved last year and he himself could easily be believable if you wanted to push him to the top. Charlotte is a fine pick for any womens division.
    Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch; Marty Scurll; Asuka; Stephanie McMahon;

Austin v Cesaro is what I want, but The Bucks v the KoW is also a feud worth a watch. Becky and Steph has a lot of value in my eyes as a feud that could be money if booked right.
    Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa; The Usos; Jimmy Snuka & Jesse Ventura, Val Venis & The Godfather

Roman and The Usos have connections, so they give your roster a certain feel to it. Okada is the obvious choice but Kobashi, Misawa and Dusty all have potential to be paired with Roman. You’ve made use of 4 top tag picks, esp the awesome Ventura Snuka picks who id love to have on my team. Looking forward as always
    beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio; Gargano and Ciampa; Paul Heyman
    ;

Terrible Roster, hatchet job. No Talent, no direction….. just awful

Furious-Red:
    Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett;

A roster of stars that could easily main event with the right plan. All 6 guys are highly thought of in my eyes, but I just love Black. Hes a great pick and could easily bring home best pick, his aura is just amazing and he and Seth or Jeff would be my direction. A very talent roster, but no tag teams or ladies as of yet.
    Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain; Antonio Inoki; Big Cass & Enzo Amore; The Bludgeon Brothers (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper)

A hoss roster if their ever was one. A part from Enzo, who looks like to have bagged a GM rule (which could be a master stroke) it’s a roster full of battle between unstoppable forces and immovable objects. Braun and Warrior is one battle that looks great but Batista is the star. Cant wait to see what direction you take your roster.
    Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner; Rob Van Dam; Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody; William Regal and Lance Storm;

You could draft crap and still present a show that’s 5 stars. Always the man to beat in my eyes and your roster is stacked with many options in the main event. Jericho v Omega 2, Jericho v Broken Matt, Omega v Broken Matt, Steiner v Broken Matt, Steiner v Omega…. All great feuds and with you at the helm I expect the best. RVD is a dark horse who could easily Main event too. The tag picks are great value and give you a lot of versatile options going into this years write ups.
    ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate; Goldust; John Bradshaw Layfield;

This roster is a McMahon v HHH wet dream. Pete Dunne and co are great picks to side with Hunter while Vince has his buddies Dustin and Bradshaw, its like a McMahon west side story. Well that’s whats in my head. Very talented roster and Pete Dunne could be a great pick for you.
    paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Bobby Roode; Rusev and Aidan English; Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas; Sheamus;

A very versatile roster. Angle can be goofy and serious and pull both off, as can Rusev and Roode. Rusev, Roode and Sheamo could easily be main eventers but Angle and Goldberg stand out as the main feud. WGGT is a fine tag pick and Im interested to see whom you pair them with.
    connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita;

4 big hitters in your first picks, all could easily main event. Id love to see Vader v Cena myself though. Bayley and Lita could be a money feud if that’s where you go. KO and Miz both worked great for me last year so I look forward to see how you book them, both are great to write for.
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler; Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole; Jason Jordan and Chad Gable;

Hogan and Eddie stand out to me here, but some great picks made around them too in Andre and Ziggler gives you a lot of options. AA give you a great tag team to book or a great feud to ponder over too, while Adam Cole could easily be the games MVP. Cole v Hogan could be fantastic too.
    daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson; Bully Ray (Dudley); Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dane;

Two bullet clubs leader drafted here gives you greta options, plus a returning Orton. Adding Gallows and Anderson gives you a nice way to go with a Bullet club angle and Bully Ray gives you a nice addition who could easily main event. Sanity is a fine tag team pick and I wonder will Bully face them with a partner…. Lots of scope and potential here.
    Kolido: Edge; Sting; Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid;

A fine roster for a debut player. Edge is a fav of mine and Id love to book him some day. Sting is the obvious choice for a top feud with edge but Christian and Sid give you plenty of options. NAO in their prime are fantastic to write for and I look forward to your debut show.
    LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Scott Hall & Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan;

A great in-ring roster, with some fantastic character s to boot. Loved writing Savage last year and I cant wait to see how you book him. Kenta and Shibata give you a snug hitting roster, while Perfect and Savage give you two of the smoothest performers around. Heenan could be a great pick and Im sure you will get the best out of him and this roster

Alfred Borden:
    "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude; Kane; Lex Luger; Jeff Jarrett

A roster stacked with potential main eventers. All could easily be in your top feud and you have so many options. Plus a lot of versatile guys, such as Luger who can be a great heel or face, or Jarret who can be a jack of all trades (Face , heel, GM, Double J). Flair v Jarrett would be a great feud if booked right. Cant wait to see how you book em.
    SlickRic: Mick Foley; CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk; Umaga; Jerry 'The King' Lawler

Another stacked roster filled with guys who could all main event. Punk v Foley could be fantastic with both great to watch in their prime both from an in-ring perspective but also great talkers and characters. Lawler is a fine late pick and has lots of history with Funk, Foley and Punk. Umaga also could be a great underrated pick if used correctly. Great roster

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and DM sent

Delighted with that pick; finally starting to develop storylines in my head!

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Pick query guys,

A tag team who tagged together 10 times over the end of Nov, all of December until mid Jan. Its 3 months and probably the bare minimium

Its over 3 months but not 3 months in total, its a bit of a grey area in the 3 month rule, what do you think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    My reading of it is: Neither are world champions in terms of this game, they had matches in three different consecutive months as a tag team not a trio and therefore they meet the bare minimum to be allowed especially as it was not just 3 matches but 10 during that time.

It is really the bare minimum but id usually reward that as being a well researched pick that is within the rules myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Another example of why the rules need tightening so it is obvious yes or no.

I do think the spirit of the three months is that we are talking about 90 days as a team rather than 65 but as BH says it is something that was allowed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    I don't know who it is but I believe a had a similar query a few years ago which was turned down because the match in the 3rd month was a week or so before the equivalent date in the first i.e. first match 26th November, last match 15th january. Unless I've misread the question

6 Posts Max
    I don't know who it is but I believe a had a similar query a few years ago which was turned down because the match in the 3rd month was a week or so before the equivalent date in the first i.e. first match 26th November, last match 15th january. Unless I've misread the question

could be precedent for it having to be a full 3 months but I am the guy who tended to reward the person trying to research great picks so I doubt I was the one running things that turned that down on you back then, Beaker running it now but he must be torn if he brings it here. I'd probably allow it but thats just me.

• Advertisement

4 Posts Max
    could be precedent for it having to be a full 3 months but I am the guy who tended to reward the person trying to research great picks so I doubt I was the one running things that turned that down on you back then, Beaker running it now but he must be torn if he brings it here. I'd probably allow it but thats just me.

Ah I could be getting wires crossed, possible that I was told it was borderline/questionable and decided not to pursue it as I've done that already this year. My understanding of the rule is that it has to be a full three months though.

Now that I think about it this could be the team that I queried in my first year not realising they had precedent for being picked before. Because there's definitely a team that has gone together before that misses the 3 month quota by a couple of weeks and both men are eligible under the champions rule this round, if it is them then I think the pick has to be allowed as its happened in at least a couple drafts before.

6 Posts Max

Thats the thing. Is the rule 3 months as in 90 days or just across 3 months. Im leaning towards the latter and thinking its a no go.

6 Posts Max

I bring ut here for clarification as its my pick. I dont want to bend the rules to suit myself.

6 Posts Max
    Ah I could be getting wires crossed, possible that I was told it was borderline/questionable and decided not to pursue it as I've done that already this year. My understanding of the rule is that it has to be a full three months though.

Now that I think about it this could be the team that I queried in my first year not realising they had precedent for being picked before. Because there's definitely a team that has gone together before that misses the 3 month quota by a couple of weeks and both men are eligible under the champions rule this round, if it is them then I think the pick has to be allowed as its happened in at least a couple drafts before.

It is a team that was picked before but i was unaware of that until it was brought to my attention. Its 70 days they tagged over 3 different months. I think it should be 3 whole months at least or 90 days.

My thinking was they cant be picked but the fact they were picked before leads me to querying it here.

6 Posts Max
    Ah yeah the weird thing here is out of the two of us who people have asked about their picks i'd actually allow it and you probably wouldn't but there is precedent with it being picked before and the rules are loose enough to allow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    I am happy to get a bit of fighting Irish green on my roster in Finlay, who can be used for a few different roles

5 Posts Max
    If they were given ok before then there is no issue in them getting picked again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Damn was hoping Finlay would slide through to me as I had a feud lined up for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    I've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole with my old school roster, but what the hell!

4 Posts Max
    Pick made & PM sent. In truth I lost track of how many picks had been made recently and had no idea I was even nearly coming up. Happy enough with my pick though I will note that I haven't actually anything planned for them & I'm not 100% sure if they even fit my current roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Can't believe Big show lasted that long

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    I nearly took Big Show a good few times... he might have... 'slightly' suited my roster :pac:

Just never pulled the trigger as he's had matches with nearly all my main guys (apart from Warrior I suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Can't believe Big show lasted that long

I actually had someone else lined up as my pick from pretty much as soon as I picked last round, and changed it at literally the last second just because he was just too good value at this stage at the game

4 Posts Max
    The only reason I didn't take him is I think it would have forced me to do Big Show vs Andre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    The only reason I didn't take him is I think it would have forced me to do Big Show vs Andre

Big show and Andre

5 Posts Max
    Hmm

The change of the world titles for the ladies made me a bit worried about getting two that have not already had a feud. So went for Charlotte last round and had to follow up with a strong option for an opponent.

Happy to have Trish on board agian and if I get my next pick right I think I would be ready to go with 4 feuds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max

I can see your logic. There are a few obvious dream fueds but tbh I'm 99% sure we've had Andre/Show before in the PW draft.

A lot of great wrestlers gone in the last few picks, guys that even without the stip would be getting picked. Serious top tier talent for this many rounds in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Hmm

The change of the world titles for the ladies made me a bit worried about getting two that have not already had a feud. So went for Charlotte last round and had to follow up with a strong option for an opponent.

Happy to have Trish on board agian and if I get my next pick right I think I would be ready to go with 4 feuds.

With Lita gone knew Trish would go also this round

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    Working on my pick now. Had a rough morning but should get it up asap :)

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Working on my pick now. Had a rough morning but should get it up asap :)

No Rush Lord, still mulling over a few names myself

Advertisement