Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    That stip for Round 8 is incredible for those near the top of the round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    Hmm, DM7 put an idea in my head, and tbh I can't help but go for it now....

4 Posts Max
    Worried I'd need clarification on a tag pick, but apparently Beaker drafted them last year, so I'm taking that as proof they are an ok pick :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    SlickRic wrote: »
    That stip for Round 8 is incredible for those near the top of the round.

Its incredible for all to be honest, plenty of world champs in all companies still abvaialble.

6 Posts Max
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Worried I'd need clarification on a tag pick, but apparently Beaker drafted them last year, so I'm taking that as proof they are an ok pick :P

Ah damn..... I had hoped they would slip through. drafted them last year and traded them when other ideas came up. I might be a while as I come up with a replacement pick and assess what i can do with Round 8 up.

Damn!

Raven was my first choice then Shamrock goes. Balls

• Advertisement

4 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah damn..... I had hoped they would slip through. drafted them last year and traded them when other ideas came up. I might be a while as I come up with a replacement pick and assess what i can do with Round 8 up.

Damn!

Raven was my first choice then Shamrock goes. Balls

Sorry Beaker :(

Couldn't resist another MMA guy though.

6 Posts Max
    Im actually struggling to find a champion in WWE that can fit my role. Evertyone I think of has a reason to not draft them (too similar, have feuded with opponent before)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Feel like a bit of a pr*ck for pointing it out but wasn't Ken Shamrock a world champ? (NWA/TNA's 1st)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Feel like a bit of a pr*ck for pointing it out but wasn't Ken Shamrock a world champ? (NWA/TNA's 1st)

For TNA it is 2007 onwards, when Kurt became TNA world champion.

Rule:

Note: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the NWA Title, only holders of the NWA Title up until the WCW World Championship came into use will be regarded as World Champions for the purposes of the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max

Haha would you believe I'm just reading the 2016 discussion thread and this came up there as well :D

It's NWA so doesn't count as per the rules. (NWA reigns post WCW not affected)

The next stip has made me ponder my options.

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Haha would you believe I'm just reading the 2016 discussion thread and this came up there as well :D

It's NWA so doesn't count as per the rules. (NWA reigns post WCW not affected)

The next stip has made me ponder my options.

Hey, that is too much research!

Next stip makes me just wonder what I am missing, have a good draw but nothing jumps to mind for me as a pick I need to make.

5 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Hey, that is too much research!

Next stip makes me just wonder what I am missing, have a good draw but nothing jumps to mind for me as a pick I need to make.

Well it's not so much that I NEED to make a certain pick, I'd be the same. But I had a kind of planned round order re: picks and backups so now I'm in research mode to see have I missed anything :pac::pac:

5 Posts Max
    Oops. My bad. It's funny looking at older drafts when you don't know for sure what stips were in place. Who went when etc etc

IIRC the year I got Hogan I bagged him in the 4th round somehow.

5 Posts Max
    Oops. My bad. It's funny looking at older draft when you don't know for sure what stops were in place.

IIRC the year I got Hogan I bagged him in the 4th round somehow.

3rd :P

That year I joined as a sub for aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh (possibly the greatest username of all time :pac: )

First round was wrestlers active in past 6 months were eligible.

Second was a seemingly maligned RIP round (possibly cos of the 20 year rule).

3rd was open draw :)

Yeah... WAY too much free time on my hands today :pac::pac::pac:

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    3rd :P

That year I joined as a sub for aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh (possibly the greatest username of all time :pac: )

First round was wrestlers active in past 6 months were eligible.

Second was a seemingly maligned RIP round (possibly cos of the 20 year rule).

3rd was open draw :)

Yeah... WAY too much free time on my hands today :pac::pac::pac:

Pick for me will you, my heads melted.

I can pick a lady and thats the way Im leaning but I could also pick a few guys or teams but none fit what i want to do.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

5 Posts Max
    Pick Made and PM sent

6 Posts Max
    Pick Made and PM sent

I was going to Pick TBK and partner other than London this round. Great pick. An underated team.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

5 Posts Max
    I was going to Pick TBK and partner other than London this round. Great pick. An underated team.

I was originally gonna go for London and a different partner but i changed to Kendrick . Im hoping the fact i have a high pick next round can help me get a perfect opponent for someone on my roster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Now I am nervous because I just did research and found a team I want but it's possible Shagnasti might draft one of the guys as a singles wrestler or as part of another team

6 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Now I am nervous because I just did research and found a team I want but it's possible Shagnasti might draft one of the guys as a singles wrestler or as part of another team

And now youve probably alert Shag to that fact too

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Sorry guys/gals I was driving for the last few hours. Will have my pick up in the next 30.

Still puzzled as to the direction to take. Even more so with my iffy draw next round. Giving Kendrick/London the Rockers-esque split they deserved was definitely something I thought about.

6 Posts Max
    Intersting query here folks.

This rounds stip (round 7) states:

"is that you must select someone who has won a title in WWF/WWE. Championships from other promotions like WCW or TNA or North Norfolks Wrestling Saloon don’t count"

Now I specficly worded that to include any WCW titles or ECW titles won while on WWE/F tv. Now a grey area would be WWE titles won in other promotions.

While its a WWE championship won under a different company banner, does that count. Should I include this type of pick?

IE Jimmy wins a WWE tag team title, but he wins it at an ECW show and teh title is never won or defended by Jimmy in the WWE. Its a WWE title won in another promotion but as per the stip "you must select someone who has won a title in WWE/WWF.

Discuss..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max

"is that you must select someone who has won a title in WWF/WWE. Championships from other promotions like WCW or TNA or North Norfolks Wrestling Saloon don’t count"

Now I specficly worded that to include any WCW titles or ECW titles won while on WWE/F tv. Now a grey area would be WWE titles won in other promotions.

While its a WWE championship won under a different company banner, does that count. Should I include this type of pick?

IE Jimmy wins a WWE tag team title, but he wins it at an ECW show and teh title is never won or defended by Jimmy in the WWE. Its a WWE title won in another promotion but as per the stip "you must select someone who has won a title in WWE/WWF.

Discuss..........

I think that's fine anyway.

5 Posts Max

Discuss..........

If you are talking about something WWE officially recognise as a title run then yes it is fine. Their recognsed reigns are on their site I believe.

If we are talking about a title that had the WWF name on it but was in another promotion, in another country, then in another promotion in again another country until WWF eventually took it back...... then no I don't think so.

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    If you are talking about something WWE officially recognise as a title run then yes it is fine. Their recognsed reigns are on their site I believe.

If we are talking about a title that had the WWF name on it but was in another promotion, in another country, then in another promotion in again another country until WWF eventually took it back...... then no I don't think so.

Yeah its the latter.

5 Posts Max
    Yeah its the latter.

WWE own site only count that title from a certain year.

Although I like a loop hole and since it was not closed off by saying it must be a WWE/F recognised reign then maybe it should be okay, it is a game and loop holes here and there are always good.

On reflection I saw let it go.

5 Posts Max
    Actually more I think about the more I think it should be a good pick. It is a WWF title in name.

5 Posts Max
    Ah man Yoko is a great pick for that roster.

Why did I not think about him v Rock?

5 Posts Max
    Ugh... I wanted and didn't want Yoko. Suited the roster but didn't have plans for him really...

I would have nearly HAD to have taken him had he fallen to me in the next round though.

Great pick.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    As you can see Ive ok'd that pick. I think its a grey area in the stip, a loophole if you will. I like to reward those digging if I can, and with Liger I feel since he was technically a WWE light heavyweight champion, I have allowed it.

Advertisement