Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Delighted to get that pick in this round. Liger can slot in anywhere on my roster.

Also thanks Joe. Liger was a bit of a loophole but it was IMO a legit WWF Title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Figured that Liger was the pick being questioned earlier. Really suits that roster too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    Liger's a quality pick. Was hoping he'd slip through to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    Pick made PM sent

Panic averted :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    I feel like I'm at the point now where I've figured the theme I want to go with, and won't be picking the "big" names left, but focusing on flashing the roster out per the theme. Have four guys I want now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    Pick made, pm send. I hope my pick qualifies, if no I will change it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Lord TSC wrote:
    I feel like I'm at the point now where I've figured the theme I want to go with, and won't be picking the "big" names left, but focusing on flashing the roster out per the theme. Have four guys I want now

Exactly my thoughts as well. Hope they ain't the same four though ;)

5 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Exactly my thoughts as well. Hope they ain't the same four though ;)

Same as myself. Tbh I had no interest in getting "big" names this year anyway. I just want to do stories that I would/will enjoy.

That being said if anyone is interested in Scott Hall I am open to trading him

5 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote:
    Same as myself. Tbh I had no interest in getting "big" names this year anyway. I just want to do stories that I would/will enjoy.

Agreed I never go for the necessarily biggest established household names, more who I'd have most fun booking. That being said I'm actually quite happy with my roster currently.

Always open to negotiations for the right guy though :)

5 Posts Max
    Kolido wrote:
    Pick made, pm send. I hope my pick qualifies, if no I will change it.

Looks good to me. Definitely been made before anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Ive been debating my picks since yesterday.....

Going for a pick i think that doesnt avail of the stip me thinks,

But ive 3 options. Dunno whom to go with. Ill be a minute

6 Posts Max
    Went with Roddy, got a fine tag partner as a bonus. Could have went with a few tag teams considering the stip biy couldn't turn down Roddy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Let me know if I missed any;

Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid; The Big Show; Bam Bam Bigelow;

Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi; Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman; Hardcore Holly and Crash Holly;

JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries; Tyson Kidd and DH Smith; Fit Finlay;

Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt; The Revival (Dash and Dawson); War Machine; Booker T;

DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair; Trish Stratus; Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb;

Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch; Marty Scurll; Asuka; Stephanie McMahon;

Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa; The Usos; Jimmy Snuka & Jesse Ventura, Val Venis & The Godfather

beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio; Gargano and Ciampa; Paul Heyman; Andrade Cien Almas; Davey Richards and Roderick Strong;

Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett; Paul London and Brian Kendrick; Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley;

Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain; Antonio Inoki; Big Cass & Enzo Amore; The Bludgeon Brothers (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper)

Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner; Rob Van Dam; Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody; William Regal and Lance Storm;

ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate; Goldust; John Bradshaw Layfield; Yokozuna;

paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Bobby Roode; Rusev and Aidan English; Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas; Sheamus; Shane McMahon;

connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita; Mark Henry and MVP;

A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler; Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole; Jason Jordan and Chad Gable; Raven and Tommy Dreamer;

daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson; Bully Ray (Dudley); Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dane; Diamond Dallas Page DDP;

Kolido: Edge; Scott Hall (Trade for Sting); Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid; Beefcake and Valentine; Damien Sandow & Titus O'Neil;

LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Sring (Trade for Scot Hall); Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan; Jushin Thunder Liger

Alfred Borden: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude; Kane; Lex Luger; Jeff Jarrett

SlickRic: Mick Foley; CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk; Umaga; Jerry 'The King' Lawler; Bruno Sammartino;

6 Posts Max
    Not a bad roster above. Great drafting. Plenty of variety and diversity.

5 Posts Max
    Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid; The Big Show;

Great old school feel to this roster. Michaels and Pillman looks to be the main feud but imo there's a potential Match of the Draft between the three tag teams currently on board. Interesting to see where Dynamite Kid and Big Show fit in as well.
    Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamura; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi; Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman;

Lesnar is the obvious standout here but I really like this roster. Bursting to the seams with talent and potential opponents for The Beast; Big E/New Day, Lashley, Shinsuke, Shamrock and/or Blackman. And of course Ambrose, criminally under used by WWE, can be a main eventer or an excellent mid card match.
    JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries; Tyson Kidd and DH Smith; Fit Finlay;

DB VS Aries please :) I like this roster too it's got your stamp all over it with the Hart influence. EC3 and MNM are great picks and I'm really looking forward to how your card shapes up.
    Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt; The Revival (Dash and Dawson); War Machine; Booker T;

Again a lot of talk re: Taker VS Steamboat which would certainly be epic... but... Wyatt in the mix. I like. Again I think there's so much strength to your tag team picks here, much like Walt and of course DiBiase can be excellent in pretty much any role he's given.
    DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair; Trish Stratus;

Firstly: Rock VS Roberts, Charlotte VS Trish.... take my money! I'm interested too in how Del Rio, Neville and Graves slot into your plans. Your main feuds look brilliant already, if of course that's the direction you're headed.
    Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch; Marty Scurll; Asuka; Stephanie McMahon;

I know some have mentioned Austin VS Cesaro here, but personally I'd be more looking at a potential Austin vs Scurll encounter :) Bucks VS KOW is also printing money imo. Interested to see where Steph fits in as well here, had her last year and she's a steal of a round 7 pick. I expect great things from the Fantasy League Champ ;)
    Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa; The Usos; Jimmy Snuka & Jesse Ventura, Val Venis & The Godfather

Reigns is the standout on paper but Dusty is a great pick. Some nice options for a main event feud, Okada VS Reigns the obvious imo but knowing your form you have some tricks up your sleeve. Will also be interesting to see where your well researched pick (Ventura/Snuka) winds up featuring. Your writing is always so strong, so I'm looking forward to how you make it all come together regardless.
    beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio; Gargano and Ciampa; Paul Heyman; Andrade Cien Almas; Davey Richards and Roderick Strong;

Bret VS Joe? Bret VS Rey? Both potentially brilliant but (against my dislike of the dude) Bret VS Benoit is my choice. A technical masterclass waiting to happen. DIY you have always used well (I think this is the third straight year you've had them IIRC) so will be looking forward to how they get utilised. Heyman is a brilliant pick and can work on a number of levels. Again, the writing will be a must see regardless from the reigning, defending 2 time Draft Champ.
    Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett; Paul London and Brian Kendrick;

Boo! Hiss! Not because I don't like your roster... but because I frickin love it. Rollins, Hardy, Zayn, Black... Rhodes and Barrett. Multiple combinations of main events there. On a personal level a Rollins VS Hardy main event would be epic but I'm looking forward to seeing this roster come to life.
    Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain; Antonio Inoki; Big Cass & Enzo Amore; The Bludgeon Brothers (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper)

Who is this lunatic and why does he keep drafting monsters (and Enzo). Awful, just awful. :P
    Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner; Rob Van Dam; Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody; William Regal and Lance Storm;

I am genuinely fearful of your write ups this year. You have a knack of turning a turd into a gold nugget... so what happens when you get a gold nugget filled roster? Broken Matt under the MNG banner is a scary, scary prospect - add in Y2J, Omega, Ibushi, Steiner.... RVD... and Regal (a personal favorite of mine) and this is a top level roster (I didn't even mention Hansen, Brody and Storm!) MNG is back with a fire in the belly to regain the Draft Crown.
    ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate; Goldust; John Bradshaw Layfield; Yokozuna;

WWF Classics is back baby! And with a fine display of talent on board. Great mix of old and young and I'm intrigued to how it will all fit together. JBL and Yoko in rounds 6 and 7 respectively are great value picks too.
    paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Bobby Roode; Rusev and Aidan English; Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas; Sheamus; Shane McMahon;

Super jealous of this roster. Angle, Goldberg and Roode the first three picks and all could slot together in various combinations. Shane O Mac the most recent recruit and this is all very exciting. Interested to see will Rusev go it alone or face off against WGTT/Team Angle (excellent drafting btw).
    connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita;

I love this roster c-man. Owens, Miz and indeed Cena have all collided in the past but anything involving the three is must-see. Add in a small lad called Vader and the possibilities are endless. Bayley VS Lita would be a great contest too, the most popular women's wrestler maybe ever taking on the most popular women's wrestler ever to grace NXT.
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler; Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole; Jason Jordan and Chad Gable; Raven and Tommy Dreamer;

Hogan VS Guerrero looks like a main event waiting to happen. Personally... I'd love a Ziggler VS Guerrero encounter. So many questions I'm dying to ask... how will Andre fit in? What are the plans for Adam Cole (Bay-Bay)? How do the extreme duo fit in with your plans. Genuinely excited for your write ups.
    daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson; Bully Ray (Dudley); Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dane; Diamond Dallas Page DDP;

Ah daithi me ould flower, former Fantasy League draft tag partner... how the flip did you end up with this roster? Oozing awesomeness. Bullet Club battle almost writes itself... but where does THE guy for DPW fit in? Bully Ray, Dane, DDP, Wolfe... Best Newcomer last year. Definite dark horse for winner this year. Superb.
    Kolido: Edge; Sting; Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid; Beefcake and Valentine; Damien Sandow & Titus O'Neil;

I really like this first time roster. E&C reunited in a way that probably has Liz either cursing you or sticking pins in a Kolido doll :P Sting, Nash and the NAO all make for good drafting. Definitely one of my fave rosters and really interested to see your write ups.
    LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Scott Hall & Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan; Jushin Thunder Liger

I like the balance you've struck this year between indie and established feds. Savage just works as a main eventer and there are so many options on board (some, embarrassingly for me, not you I am not familiar with) to feud with him I'm looking forward to this. Again, last year I loved your write ups (even though you didn't get finished sadly) so it's one I always look out for.
    Alfred Borden: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude; Kane; Lex Luger; Jeff Jarrett

This roster just oozes brilliance. Literally anyone you've picked so far could be paired off against each other and go straight into the main event. For me, I'm very interested into how Kane will fit in to your plans, I find him a very versatile performer (past few years not withstanding).
    SlickRic: Mick Foley; CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk; Umaga; Jerry 'The King' Lawler; Bruno Sammartino;

Again, like above with Alfred Borden, you could close your eyes and pick two names at random from all drafted thus far and they'd work as a main event. Great drafting. Sammartino VS Punk is a mouth watering prospect for me. As is Umaga VS Funk if I'm honest.

Ah folks... Jesus. Going through that I can't pick a winner from the rosters currently. Write ups are going to be so exciting this year. Kudos to all.

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. So far I made two picks I thought I had to make because of the stips name value.

Now I am picking people for story's that came to mind even if I could pick another Del Rio type for the major honours collected. Riddle and Cobb are not obvious choices but are two I really like and expect in drafts to come they will be harder to get, especially Riddle if he goes to Japan or ROH anytime soon.

I know I am going to see lots of great picks coming up that will make me wonder why I didn't think of something for them!

5 Posts Max
    No I'm exactly like you DM... I'm so conflicted on my next pick I genuinely hope some of the choices (and I have 4 at least on my list for this round) are taken.

Story value VS name value... definitely leaning story value at this point.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

5 Posts Max
    Sorry lads ye may wait another few hours till my pick ,Not sober enough to make my pick as of yet :pac::pac::pac:

5 Posts Max
    Joe when does trading open?

5 Posts Max
    I think he said round 8... which is now but best to wait for him to confirm.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Its been open since the start of round 8

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Joe when does trading open?

anyone on your roster your looking to trade away?

5 Posts Max
    anyone on your roster your looking to trade away?

I am open to offers on some guys

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    I’m open to any and all offers by the way lads and lady

6 Posts Max
    I happy with eho i have acquired yet always open to trades for the right offer.

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    I happy with who i have acquired yet always open to trades for the right offer.

Ditto, I'm very stuck in my ways :pac::pac::pac: Had considered one but changed my mind again on it.

5 Posts Max
    Delighted to announce that trade. Have an idea for the Stinger and Kolido now has The Outsiders, Edge & Christian and The New Age Outlaws, so many possibilities with that line up.

5 Posts Max
    Outsiders, NAO and E&C on Kolido's roster. That's a great trade beneficial to both. Sting to AEPW as well is interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

I hope it's cool if I give some feedback. Have been watching the draft going on, and half wishing I had put my name in (although I'd just have annoyed people with long waits!)
    Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid; The Big Show; Bam Bam Bigelow;

Great oldschool roster. Bam Bam is one of my favourite wrestlers from childhood. There are several wrestlers on your card you'd love to have seen in the ring against HBK. (And each other for that matter).
    Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi; Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman;

Dean Ambrose is one of the best in the business at the moment (I think), but also one of the most underutilised (at least up until his injury). Obviously there's a great MMA pedigree with Lesnar and Shamrock, and then you have Lashley and Nakamura. Top it all off with the full New Day, very strong roster
    I still think John Morrison could've been huge in WWE. Him vs Daniel Bryan, all day long! Great roster, Fit Finlay would improve every roster he's on.
    Two of the greatest gimmicks in 'Taker and Million Dollar Man. Taker the greatest big man ever. No doubt. Ricky Steamboat, brilliant in ring. Bray Wyatt, another badly used wrestler (IMHO), would love to see him take on Ricky Steamboat. Booker T Is great too! Should be chosen earlier.
    DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair; Trish Stratus; Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb
    The Rock is one of the best there ever was. Jake The Snake was a fantasticly creepy bad guy. Potentially a brilliant match up!
    I know that Marty Scurll has a great rep, but I gotta admit to not knowing enough about him( or the Young Bucks). I do know Steve Austin though, and him in the ring with Cesaro has to be fantastic! Huge fan of Stephanie McMahon, I think her tv character is brilliant, interested in seeing how she is used.

I know everyone considers Dusty Rhodes to be a legend, but I don't think people realise just how good he was. Hard Times is one of the great promos, but he was also a great in ring talent. I see him vs Roman Reigns, and I see bums on seat! It's the idea of Reigns vs Rhodes that most makes me wish I had thrown my hat into this!

I've lately becoming more and more a fan of Rey Mysterio, for me the potential of (a heel) Bret Hart vs Rey Mysterio would be a huge draw. But there are quite a few match ups here and I like the mix of old and new.
    Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett; Paul London and Brian Kendrick;
    Seth Rollins is brilliant, as are Hardy and Zayn. Rhodes and Barrett were vastly underutilised in WWE. London and Kendrick were a great team, who deserved better opponents in their time.

For a long time I didn't think much of Batista, not until he came into his own on Smackdown. Ultiimate Warrior in his prime had charisma/presence to beat the band. His wrestlemania matches were brilliant. 3/4 of the Wyatt Family! IT's a good card, with great potential.
    Okay, I might admit I don't quite get the Broken Matt Hardy thing, but seems to have been very popular. That said, I've always thought Hardy was a fine wrestler. This is a stacked roster though, and with a great mix of styles.

Good roster. Personally I'd be all about Pete Dunne vs JBL. JBL was a great brawler, and one of the best brawlers (updating the Million Dollar Man gimmick for the 21st century).
    I think Angle gives Flair and HBK a run for greatest wrestler of all time. I'd pay to see him v Goldberg, Roode, or Sheamus any time. Especially Sheamus, in the earlier half of this decade.

connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita;
    I like everyone on this roster! Bayley vs Lita? Owens v Vader! Miz vs Cena II!

Great mix of star power and talent. Hogan, Eddie, Andre triple threat! or add Dolph in there too ...

Another great mix of older and newer talents. Motivated Orton is brilliant, Styles is a modern HBK, and Balor is, of course, brilliant.
    Kolido: Edge; Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid; Beefcake and Valentine; Damien Sandow & Titus O'Neil; Scott Hall (Trade)

Rhytym and Blues, New Age Outlaws, Edge and Christian, The Outsiders, great tag teams. Sid was terrifying in my youth! Sandow was wasted by WWE, and O'Neill, I think is good enough to be a very big name.
    LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan; Jushin Thunder Liger; Sting (Trade)
    I don't know the Japanese wrestlers as well as i should, but with the likes of Savage, Hennig, and now Sting, you're certainly not lacking for talent.
    Great old school roster. Kane was another favourite of mine, but every one on this card had something about them. Not the least Piper and Flair, two of the greatest in different ways.
    Another brilliant roster. You can mix and match nearly any of those and have a top notch main event!

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Sorry lads ye may wait another few hours till my pick ,Not sober enough to make my pick as of yet :pac::pac::pac:

You should have picked drunk for the laugh

Advertisement