Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    I will take #8 for RR draw. And I love this stip picking for somebody else and seeing how they use that person. Already have a list in my head for picks for Liz

Yeah I have a couple in mind for Kolido as well. Also share the sentiments of liking this stip, always good to see whether others thoughts align with your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    I think I know who I'm taking this round but want to review my list first so it'll be after I get home from work. Also love these stips, really makes you look at someone else's roster in detail. And I'll take the number 6.

5 Posts Max
    I think I know who I'm taking this round but want to review my list first so it'll be after I get home from work. Also love these stips, really makes you look at someone else's roster in detail. And I'll take the number 6.

Not acceptable Brad, I demand you make your pick now!

(Just kidding, take your time :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    I’ll take lucky number 27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

6 Posts Max
    Hoping this number is available i choose Legs 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Numbers gone for round 11 Rumble draw :

1. Necrominus
    2. .
    3. .
    4. .
    5. .
    6. A Brad Maddox Guy
    7. DM_7
    8. LeeJM
    9. .
    10. Kolido
    11. Spongey1975
    12. .
    13. JP Liz
    14. Mr Guppa
    15. Beakerjoe
    16. .
    17. Furious Red
    18. .
    19. .
    20. Shagnasti
    21. Connemara Man
    23. Daithi1989
    24. .
    25. Bounty Hunter
    26. .
    27. paulie21
    29. Slickric
    30. Uncle Walt

3 guys left to pick..... MNG, Lord TSC and Alfred Borden

Also if Lord TSC and Alfred borden had a baby it would be Lord Alfred (Hayes)..... that is all

5 Posts Max
    Ah dammit. This Enzo story has kinda put a kibosh on some of my plans. May have to consider a different direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent.

Edit: I was so excited with my research picking Race and Jannetty together that I miscounted.
    In 1985 they tagged 14th Sept, 26th Sept, 23rd Oct and 14th Nov. I guess that's technically 3 months, but it's a fairly thin argument.
    They also tagged on three six-man tags earlier that September.

6 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Pick made and PM sent.

Edit: I was so excited with my research picking Race and Jannetty together that I miscounted.
    In 1985 they tagged 14th Sept, 26th Sept, 23rd Oct and 14th Nov. I guess that's technically 3 months, but it's a fairly thin argument.
    They also tagged on three six-man tags earlier that September.

I really need clarification on the 3 month rule. From the 14th September to the 14th November is exactly 2 months in duration. Are we counting half of September as one month and half of November as another month?

5 Posts Max
    I really need clarification on the 3 month rule. From the 14th September to the 14th November is exactly 2 months in duration. Are we counting half of September as one month and half of November as another month?

Well it's 2 months and a day technically. There was a similar pick earlier that was let go I think.

I don't mind. If it's an issue I'll change the pick.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Well it's 2 months and a day technically. There was a similar pick earlier that was let go I think.

I don't mind. If it's an issue I'll change the pick.

If its fine with the rest i dont mind. I have no interest in Jannetty but i just need clarification on this rule

5 Posts Max
    If its fine with the rest i dont mind. I have no interest in Jannetty but i just need clarification on this rule

I'll change it to just Race. He's the one I wanted anyway. I've had Marty in mind for a story all along, figuring I'd take him late, so when I saw they'd tagged I thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone, but I genuinely miscounted the dates. 2 months and 1 day is against the spirit of the rule, so I'll change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Hate to open another can of "three month tag team" worms but just for clarity I'll point out that my most recent pick (Suzuki & ZSJ) have teamed a couple times in New Japan since Sabre joined Suzuki Gun in September. Only last week they won the RevPro tag titles in the U.K.

6 Posts Max
    The Tag team rules as per OP. Rules which have been used since I first played 5 years ago
    :

Tag Teams:
    Tag Teams come as a package so for example if you want the DIY , you don'y have to pick Johnny Gargano in one round and Tommaso Ciampa in another. Both can be picked up together in one pick. The rules for tag teams are as follows:

- Cannot have a world champion in them ie You can't draft The Rockers as a tag team, as Shawn Michaels has had held a World Championship (World Championships are defined above so read carefully)
    - Must have tagged together for at least 3 months (if in doubt, ask myself or BH)
    - Inter gender tag teams not allowed
    - Members of factions, ie Saturn and Malenko, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game

- 5 tag teams is the maximum amount of teams for each roster

So based off these rules, I shall address the following
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Hate to open another can of "three month tag team" worms but just for clarity I'll point out that my most recent pick (Suzuki & ZSJ) have teamed a couple times in New Japan since Sabre joined Suzuki Gun in September. Only last week they won the RevPro tag titles in the U.K.

Im sorry Shag but your team are NOT eligibile. Please change as soon as you can.

Despite them winning tag titles, they still need to tag for 3 months. They havent tagged as a duo enough from what i can see.

If you supple evidence to say otherwise, I will consider the evidence like WALTER / Axel last round.... but right now I cant allow them as a team.

I'll change it to just Race. He's the one I wanted anyway. I've had Marty in mind for a story all along, figuring I'd take him late, so when I saw they'd tagged I thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone, but I genuinely miscounted the dates. 2 months and 1 day is against the spirit of the rule, so I'll change it.

The 3 month rule was never really clarified this year. Id rathe rhave it at a clear 90 days, but this yeara nd last i have allowed teams once they tagged at least 1 in consecutive months, ie once in Jan, once in Feb and once in March would be fine. So based on that, I would allow the Race and Jannetty tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

6 Posts Max
    Ill have number 16!

Pick ready to go after Shag changes/argues his pick.

5 Posts Max
    No problem Joe. As stated it's the three month rule that is in question.

09.10.2017 New Japan Pro Wrestling CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & Toru Yano) defeat Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.) by Count Out (9:18)
    NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling 2017 - TV-Show @ Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan

09.11.2017 Revolution Pro Wrestling New Japan Pro Wrestling CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & Will Ospreay) defeat Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.) (22:20)
    RevPro/NJPW Global Wars 2017 - Tag 1 - Event @ York Hall in Bethnal Green, Greater London, England, UK

Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.) defeat War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe), Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin (11:36)
    NJPW New Year Dash !! 2018 - TV-Show @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan

Two established tag teams V Two established tag teams

20.01.2018 RevPro British Tag Team Title: Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.) defeat Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) (c) (20:58) - TITLE CHANGE !!!
    RevPro High Stakes 2018 - Event @ York Hall in Bethnal Green, Greater London, England, UK

That's the best I could find to argue my case. ZSJ only fought five times in DEC17.

I probably should concede in interest of not holding up the draft but I'd equate them somewhat to Rusev/English. It isn't a John Cena/David Otunga like TT. They haven't been together that long but people would class them as a tag team all day long.

6 Posts Max
    They havent tagged enough yet shag, and not in at least 3 consecutive months. I cant allow it buddy, im sorry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Let me know if I missed any;

Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid; The Big Show; Bam Bam Bigelow;

Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi; Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman; Hardcore Holly and Crash Holly;

JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries; Tyson Kidd and DH Smith; Fit Finlay;

Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt; The Revival (Dash and Dawson); War Machine; Booker T; The Iron Shiek;

DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair; Trish Stratus; Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb;

Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch; Marty Scurll; Asuka; Stephanie McMahon; Harley Race;

Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa; The Usos; Jimmy Snuka & Jesse Ventura, Val Venis & The Godfather; Nick Bockwinkle and Dory Funk Jr;

beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio; Gargano and Ciampa; Paul Heyman; Andrade Cien Almas; Davey Richards and Roderick Strong;

Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett; Paul London and Brian Kendrick; Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley;

Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain; Antonio Inoki; Big Cass & Enzo Amore; The Bludgeon Brothers (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper); Chyna;

Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner; Rob Van Dam; Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody; William Regal and Lance Storm; Kerry Von Erich and David Von Erich;

ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate; Goldust; John Bradshaw Layfield; Yokozuna;

paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Bobby Roode; Rusev and Aidan English; Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas; Sheamus; Shane McMahon; Tazz and Spike Dudley;

connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita; Mark Henry and MVP;

A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler; Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole; Jason Jordan and Chad Gable; Raven and Tommy Dreamer; Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono;

daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson; Bully Ray (Dudley); Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dane; Diamond Dallas Page DDP; Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal;

Kolido: Edge; Scott Hall (Trade for Sting); Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid; Beefcake and Valentine; Damien Sandow & Titus O'Neil;

LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Sting (Trade for Scot Hall); Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan; Jushin Thunder Liger; WALTER & Axel Dieter Jr;

Alfred Borden: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude; Kane; Lex Luger; Jeff Jarrett;

SlickRic: Mick Foley; CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk; Umaga; Jerry 'The King' Lawler; Bruno Sammartino; Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Ill have number 16!

Pick ready to go after Shag changes/argues his pick.

I've my pick ready too, can I pm someone in case I'm gone off line please to throw up ;)

6 Posts Max
    You guys can pm me.....or bh

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »

The 3 month rule was never really clarified this year. Id rathe rhave it at a clear 90 days, but this yeara nd last i have allowed teams once they tagged at least 1 in consecutive months, ie once in Jan, once in Feb and once in March would be fine. So based on that, I would allow the Race and Jannetty tea.

Cool. Cheers. I've edited my pick again there so to include Jannetty.

5 Posts Max
    Sorry about the delay guys. I'll change my pick there now.

The countless NJPW multi man tags are killer in terms of finding a tag team. Personally think Suzuki/ZSJ are a more solid tag team than many that are classed as such (especially this side of the pond). They have teamed for AT LEAST three months.

6 Posts Max

The countless NJPW multi man tags are killer in terms of finding a tag teams. Personally think Suzuki/ZSJ are a more solid tag team than many that are classed as such (especially this side of the pond). They have teamed for AT LEAST three months.

No they teamed 4 times over 2 months and once more. They may tag more as the months pass but right now they havent met the criteria. They fall under the faction for now

Sorry dude, i feel you but i have already declined other team that had similar issues and i have to remain consistant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max

The countless NJPW multi man tags are killer in terms of finding a tag teams. Personally think Suzuki/ZSJ are a more solid tag team than many that are classed as such (especially this side of the pond). They have teamed for AT LEAST three months.

I'm gonna disagree Shag. IMO they are members of a stable who sometimes tag together. Yes they just won the Rev Pro Tag Titles but I'm not sure that that wasn't there first time as a team in Rev Pro. And the NJ 6-8 man tags really shouldn't be considered "teaming" otherwise I could make some pretty spectacular teams from NJ and All Japan history.

I will say I have a couple of suggestions to help iron out the problems with teams for the discussion after this years draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    ZSJ is still a great pick on his own I think, I likely would have taken him in the next round had he been available. Was gutted when Marty got picked earlier cos I wanted to pair them up in MWA again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    How many rounds are we doing this year?

6 Posts Max
    15 rounds guys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Cheers for the pm Al and good work on the updated list of picks DM. Might have to wait till late am (your time) to make my pick and update the op of the other thread as I'm at work on my phone and don't have a list of picks in front of me while a few of my planned ones (top of the list was Sheiky) went over night.

5 Posts Max
    Flick it anyways. X-Pac was gonna be my pick for Kolido :(

Back to the drawing board in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    I have 2 in mind for MNG so pretty sure at least one will be available.

Advertisement