Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Wouldn't mind breaking another streak of wins like I did with MNG now that you mention it :pac:

I am soo curious who is going to be taken next, don't usually have zero plans before picking my first guy... I'ts all going to change soon!

also remember why I was reticant to sticky the thread, I now don't see it on my mobile. If I can survive a WW game without logging in on my mobile I can do this though.

If you use the touch site you will see the pich thread after stickied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    I stupidly had my two big feuds in mind. now I know I won't get them but I can hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    I don't expect to do 4 posts, more likely the three but hoped the allowance of a fourth would be okay for people who want to.

If we are allowing a two parter PPV is allowing 4 posts of your choosing much of a change from 2 posts of your choosing with a two part PPV (also 4 posts).

This is still half what some were posting (8).

I don't mind either way what happens but wanted to support idea of more options for people who like writing that bit more or just want to have their own structure

I would say it is different because splitting the PPV into 2 parts was specified due to the image limit per post on boards. Basically so people don't feel forced to cut down on pictures, but if pics aren't a problem the PPV should still be a single post.

If the only problem in past drafts was to do with people writing their own shows then I'd agree with letting one approach it with more options as its better for creativity. But a big(ger) problem was not getting enough votes in. This is more to do with the sheer amount of content there is to read and how easy it is to fall behind, and how hard it is to catch up. That's why I recommended sticking with beakerjoes initial limit; allowing for an extra written show is potentially allowing for 18-20 extra shows and risks us falling into the same traps as the last few years.

At the end of the day if everyone else wants an extra show I'll not complain and may even utilise it myself. But I really do believe that if we do that we could easily be faced with the exact same problems and discussions heading into next year's draft.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    I would say it is different because splitting the PPV into 2 parts was specified due to the image limit per post on boards. Basically so people don't feel forced to cut down on pictures, but if pics aren't a problem the PPV should still be a single post.

If the only problem in past drafts was to do with people writing their own shows then I'd agree with letting one approach it with more options as its better for creativity. But a big(ger) problem was not getting enough votes in. This is more to do with the sheer amount of content there is to read and how easy it is to fall behind, and how hard it is to catch up. That's why I recommended sticking with beakerjoes initial limit; allowing for an extra written show is potentially allowing for 18-20 extra shows and risks us falling into the same traps as the last few years.

At the end of the day if everyone else wants an extra show I'll not complain and may even utilise it myself. But I really do believe that if we do that we could easily be faced with the exact same problems and discussions heading into next year's draft.

Just on this, it's not necessarily an extra show. It's still 4 posts. Like my plan was similar to Mr. Guappa's tbh, to combine a bit of a preview and a show in the one post. 2nd post would be a full show and then a two part PPV.

4 posts are grand, although my personal preference is more but I get that puts some people off it.... I just think it's kinda defeating the purpose of the writing element by limiting what people can do within.

5 Posts Max
    Very good point BMG. Reading everything in its own right is a committment to the game, not one I always live up to myself.

5 Posts Max
    I forgot the worst part of the draft.... waiting for the next pick to drop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    I forgot the worst part of the draft.... waiting for the next pick to drop :pac:

The weekend is always a bad time for the draft to start! I think one year it kicked off on a Monday and may have been into round 3 by the Wednesday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Great pick Liz.

Dan!!!.........Dan!!!!!.......Dan!!!!!!........Dan!!!!...Dan!!!!!!!...Dan!!!!.........Dan!!!!!.....Dan!!!.........Dan!!!!!.......Dan!!!!!!........Dan!!!!...Dan!!!!!!!...Dan!!!!.........Dan!!!!!.....Dan-iel Bryan.

I'm only getting started :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »

Sorry for the delay, PM sent to Spongey, being high the 1st round with that stip left many to pick from, in the end happy to get D Bryan

5 Posts Max
    JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Sorry for the delay, PM sent to Spongey, being high the 1st round with that stip left many to pick from, in the end happy to get D Bryan

Oh no worries at all Liz I was only (half) joking :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Damn you Liz.

Ah I knew he was never making it to me

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    With me being so far down, I'm not even making plans, that way I cant get disappointed! I'll assess the situation when it comes to my pick and see who's available!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

5 Posts Max
    Looks like ill have the same spot in the next round :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    To clarify , the stip this round makes only wrestlers who wrestled in the last match on a wrestlemania card are eligible.

In the case where double main events took place, and say one main event kicked off a show, those wrestlers involved are not eligible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Are we already closing in on our first missed pick due to 24 hr rule?

6 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Are we already closing in on our first missed pick due to 24 hr rule?

Loads of time for spongey to pop on..... he has until 630

5 Posts Max
    Looks like I will be picking someone this year that I never planned on. Two options and one person ahead of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

6 Posts Max
    Sorry guys for the delay. Am away for weekend and didn't know order before I left to plan a pick. Just made it anyway

5 Posts Max
    Mahoosive picks thus far. Have a list of 8 made for this round so will definitely get one of them....

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    If I pick now can someone else PM whoever is next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max

I'm after you.

5 Posts Max

Yea I'll send the PM for ya

5 Posts Max
    Oooh movement, now I'm getting excited :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'm after you.

and I'm after you

5 Posts Max
    and I'm after you

You're up!

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Awww... knew Austin was never getting to me but one can only dream. Rocky was on my list too.

6 Posts Max
    Kind of happy a few of the people who went before me were taken, could have so easily picked a few of them but I think the Roman Reigns experiment will keep me busier than any of those ever could

5 Posts Max
    Kind of happy a few of the people who went before me were taken, could have so easily picked a few of them but I think the Roman Reigns experiment will keep me busier than any of those ever could

Yeah, another on my list... not my first choice, mind.

2 before me... (waits for heart to be broken by one)

5 Posts Max
    When I saw the stip my two ideas were Reigns and one other.

Then when I saw the draft order I thought okay, this is my chance to pick someone I never had. So Brock, HBK, now picked Stone Cold and of course the Rock.

Because of when he was active and because in theory he could still be active I had to go Rock.

5 Posts Max
    I'm surprised to see Reigns go this early! I actually had him down as somebody that would more than likely be available for me at #18

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    I'm surprised to see Reigns go this early! I actually had him down as somebody that would more than likely be available for me at #18

As I said picking him, this is the 11th incarnation of the BWA i've had most of the big main eventers in the past and need something a bit different and as much as we might not have wanted it The Big Dog has headline the last 3 mania's running and will soon make it 4, Believe that!

5 Posts Max
    Delighted to get Stone Cold. He was the one guy I had in mind as the centrepiece of my show since the idea started forming in my head. Nice run of picks there in the last hour or so.

5 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Delighted to get Stone Cold. He was the one guy I had in mind as the centrepiece of my show since the idea started forming in my head. Nice run of picks there in the last hour or so.

Yeah, I'm sure beaker and FR will be along shortly. I'm here all night (working night shift :().

I knew Austin was never getting to me, and I'm kinda glad he's gone tbh. If he had reached me I would have HAD to pick him....

6 Posts Max
    I'm torn between a new pick I never had and someone I had before.....

5 Posts Max

I am and I'm not. In terms of current bonified superstars he's certainly top of the heap. Like BH said he has headlined the last three WMs. A truly emotive character (to all fans) that will be whopper to write. BH will kill it.

I know naming names is frowned upon. But somebody mentioned Enzo jokingly. He has serious Xpac hate and everybody hates him. IMO that also ups his value re: wrestlers you would want to write.

6 Posts Max
    Roman was one guy I thought about...... I feel I could make him a star

6 Posts Max
    Pick made on sent..... had no plans to pick Bret but I consider3d a few names. Glad to have the hitman

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Pick made on sent..... had no plans to pick Bret but I consider3d a few names. Glad to have the hitman

1 name left before me... options abound on my list.

But I want 1 guy... SOOO bad.

source.gif

5 Posts Max
    Just sent a PM to Beaker with regards to my pick so im just waiting to hear back and then ill have my pick up

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Thanks for PM, Furious... Now... decision time.

Shall have my pick up momentarily.

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. Torn between two in the end but went with Batista... he was my number one pick since the stip went up and delighted to get him.

5 Posts Max
    Picking Rollins is genius. He didn't even register on my radar. That's some good drafting right there.

We're making great progress tonight. I'm happy with two solid picks planned. Hopefully MNG picks one saving me a coin-flip decision.

5 Posts Max
    I have a list with 20 names still available that I could use but there is one I am hoping to nab. Still plenty of HUGE names available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    I didn't receive a PM in my inbox. Maybe my PM was sent to a similarly named user? Anyway it's cool as I'm raring to go. I will be continuing my usual trend of my first pick being someone I've never used before. Will have it posted shortly.

5 Posts Max
    I didn't receive a PM in my inbox. Maybe my PM was sent to a similarly named user? Anyway it's cool as I'm raring to go. I will be continuing my usual trend of my first pick being someone I've never used before. Will have it posted shortly.

Ah feck sorry... I think I missed the '.' (dot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    I have a list with 20 names still available that I could use but there is one I am hoping to nab. Still plenty of HUGE names available

I'm 20th and I know I'll get someone.

I'm not even looking yet.

5 Posts Max
    I will be continuing my usual trend of my first pick being someone I've never used before. Will have it posted shortly.

*Tunes up a loud Darth Vader NOOOO!!!!!!*

Edit: I stand corrected :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    Knew Rollins was gone when furious said he needed to pm to clarify something. Hopefully 2nd choice falls

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Rollins was the other, with Reigns when I saw the stip.

Advertisement