Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Decided on a celeb that i felt would really suit my roster who also has had a run in with 2 superstars already :)

I think given your roster, Arrow is a great pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Some thoughts on the rosters so far ;
    Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid; The Big Show; Bam Bam Bigelow; Eric Bischoff; Magnum TA;

This roster wouldn't have been out of place in Mid South in 1985. Pillman vs HBK is the logical main event but The Freebirds vs Michaels could be something special too.
    Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi; Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman; Hardcore Holly and Crash Holly; Dan Severn; Kari Sane;

MMA mecca! The "realest" roster ever assembled. Any and all combination works here but Brock vs Shamrock could be cool
    JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries; Tyson Kidd and DH Smith; Fit Finlay; Sara Del Ray; Gail Kim; Petey Williams;

In ring this roster would be something special. This is exactly the direction TNA should have gone when they had the chance. Aries vs Bryan is money
    Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt; The Revival (Dash and Dawson); War Machine; Booker T; The Iron Shiek; James Storm and Abyss; Nikolai Volkoff;

Steamboat vs Taker. Maybe a Wyatt War Machine alliance? King Booker possibly adding to the madness. This intrigues me
    DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair; Trish Stratus; Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb; Carlito and Primo; Ricardo Rodriguez;

I love this roster. Probably my favourite in the draft. Naito vs The Rock. I mean thats an all time fantasy feud. ADR vs Jake could be like Jake vs DiBiase with the volume up to 1000. Trish vs Charlotte is such an obvious feud too
    Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch; Marty Scurll; Asuka; Stephanie McMahon; Harley Race and Marty Jannetty; Elias; Sasha Banks;

There is so many ways this could go. Are the Bucks the main event? Austin vs Cesaro? Scurll vs Austin? Becky vs Asuka? A top roster
    Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa; The Usos; Jimmy Snuka & Jesse Ventura, Val Venis & The Godfather; Nick Bockwinkle and Dory Funk Jr; Nigel McGuinness; Naoimi;

BH always builds a fantastic roster. This year is no different. The Samoans reeking havoc here could be amazing. Bock and Dory bringing the old school toughness might put some manors on them.
    beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio; Gargano and Ciampa; Paul Heyman; Andrade Cien Almas; Davey Richards and Roderick Strong; Muhammad Hassan; Eddie Edwards;

I love 95% of this roster. Benoit though :-( Joe vs Bret seems the logical direction but Joe is well capable of pulling a surprise and his write ups are always top notch.
    Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett; Paul London and Brian Kendrick; Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley; Ember Moon; TJ Perkins;

Any of the top 6 here could main event in any combination. London & Kendrick vs MCMG though! Thats gonna take some beating for a tag feud
    Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain; Antonio Inoki; Big Cass & Enzo Amore; The Bludgeon Brothers (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper); Chyna; Hurricane Helms; Beth Phoenix;

Land of the giants! Big lads wrestling is great and Necro can definitely bring some class writing so this will be fantastic.
    Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner; Rob Van Dam; Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody; William Regal and Lance Storm; Kerry Von Erich and David Von Erich; Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson - The Rock 'n' Roll Express; Marcus Bagwell

MNG doesn't need a good roster to be a contender. Instead he has a fuggin phenomenal roster. I have no idea where he is going but thats a good thing. Can't wait to see where MNG goes with all this talent.
    ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate; Goldust; John Bradshaw Layfield; Yokozuna; Zack Sabre Jr; Velveteen Dream and Lio Rush; Minoru Suzuki;

This might be the most genius bit of drafting ever. HHH and his BSS guys vs Vince and his guys with Minoru and ZSJ thrown in. Love the potential here
    paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Bobby Roode; Rusev and Aidan English; Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas; Sheamus; Shane McMahon; Tazz and Spike Dudley; Ryback; Alexa Bliss;

Angle vs Rusev is what we all want. Shane possibly being involved is interesting and Sheamus could be a wildcard in PCW this year.
    connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita; Mark Henry and MVP; Damien Sandow (Trade Out: X-Pac); Tye Dillinger

Vader vs Cena seems the obvious way to go but Vader vs KO could be money. Bayley vs Lita is a massive womans feud. Great draft work by C man.
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler; Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole; Jason Jordan and Chad Gable; Raven and Tommy Dreamer; Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono; AJ Lee; The Sandman;

Eddie vs Hogan and Future Shock vs American Alpha could headline any show. Throw in Muta, Chono, Andre and Raven and Brad has huge potential for a winning fed here.
    daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson; Bully Ray (Dudley); Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dane; Diamond Dallas Page DDP; Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal; Nia Jax; Eric Young;

AJ, Orton and Finn is a killer top 3. Bully being his TNA self and a proper heel vs any of them could work. McIntyre and Mahal so late in the draft was a quality pick up
    Kolido: Edge; Scott Hall (Trade for Sting); Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid; Beefcake and Valentine;
    John Laurinaitis & Shane Douglas; X-Pac (Trade out: Damien Sandow) & Titus O'Neil; Gangrel

Can't believe Kolido is a first time drafter. Outsiders, NAO, Edge & Christian could being a quality 3 way tag feud or any amount of singles feuds. Sid terrorising the mid card should be fun
    LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Sting (Trade for Scot Hall); Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan; Jushin Thunder Liger; WALTER & Axel Dieter Jr; Jordan Devlin; Miss Elizabeth;

Awful. So bad. No idea what he was thinking.
    Alfred Borden: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude; Kane; Lex Luger; Jeff Jarrett; Demolition (Ax and Smash); The Midnight Express (Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton); Paige;

Demos vs Midnight Express. Man I really hope Alfred gets the missing piece of that puzzle because thats all timer tag feud. Interested to see how the top feuds line up so many face and heel possibilities
    SlickRic: Mick Foley; CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk; Umaga; Jerry 'The King' Lawler; Bruno Sammartino; Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe; Mr Kennedy; Rosey

Star power coming out of everywhere and Rosey too. Punk vs Funk please! Lawler is such an underrated pick too. I wonder what Ric has planned for Bruno too. Great roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Ive a plan for Benoit but hes available for Trade as is most of my roster

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    Tyson was my main choice this round so want to weigh up options before I make my pick.

6 Posts Max
    All Celebs taken thus far..... will the trend continue

• Advertisement

4 Posts Max
    Yes :P

Rampage was someone I asked Beaker about earlier in the draft and probably will be more fun for me to write than Tyson, so thrilled to grab him now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    giphy.gif

4 Posts Max
    Uncle Walt wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I absolutely have spent time trawling the net to see if Dana ever made any appearances in wrestling :P

Heeeeey Beaker? Any chance of extending celeb picks indefinitely :P

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I absolutely have spent time trawling the net to see if Dana ever made any appearances in wrestling :P

Me too! I know he's been to WWE's main offices to meet Vince a good few times, but I guess that doesn't count :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Looked for him before the year I had Punk, Ronda and Severn (I think someone was offering me a celebrity round trade at the time) and I was considering having him as their mouthpiece during an invasion, couldn't even find him appearing in a crowd though.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »

I love 95% of this roster. Benoit though :-( Joe vs Bret seems the logical direction but Joe is well capable of pulling a surprise and his write ups are always top notch.

See this is the problem I have. I have a story for Benoit, and while I agree peopel should rightly hate the man, I hope me writing for him doesnt impact on me negatively.

I have a plan for Benoit, I wont whitewash history though and portary him as the star we once knew.

6 Posts Max

Sorry Lord, its a one round deal. You know the drill. But any trade deals you can work out may help

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote:
    See this is the problem I have. I have a story for Benoit, and while I agree peopel should rightly hate the man, I hope me writing for him doesnt impact on me negatively.

I have no wish to ever hear that name uttered again but it won't affect me judging a story. Fantasy be fantasy. Sure I have Enzo and I'm a bit concerned about the same thing tbh.

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »

I have a plan for Benoit, I wont whitewash history though and portary him as the star we once knew.

This is just my personal opinion and feelings about him but I'm going to have a hard time voting for any show that features him. Its not a shot at you Joe and I understand I have strong feelings surrounding him but I'm just being open about that.

And I absolutely understand that pretty much every roster has somebody who is problematic in some way eg Austin and beating his wife, Hogan being racist.... But Benoit to me is different

6 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    This is just my personal opinion and feelings about him but I'm going to have a hard time voting for any show that features him. Its not a shot at you Joe and I understand I have strong feelings surrounding him but I'm just being open about that.

See I think thats unfair that your going to be hard pressed to vote for a write up already before a write up has been up because of one character in the game. I get people, including me hate Benoit for what he did, but this is a fantasy game, its all fiction writing/drafting.

If you can like a movie that has a murderer in it as a central character and enjoy it, what the difference in having one in a story within this game?

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    I have no wish to ever hear that name uttered again but it won't affect me judging a story. Fantasy be fantasy. Sure I have Enzo and I'm a bit concerned about the same thing tbh.

You shouldnt be concerned though, your writing fiction in relation to Enzo. Its a story. Surely your story should be judged on its merits not by the real man behind the character. Sure he hasnt even been proven guilty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    I drafted Mike Tyson in a hurry this am and the more I think about the more uncomfortable I am about it.

I can't really pre-judge anyone else's write ups just because of a name.

So if anyone wants Mike let me know :pac:

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    I drafted Mike Tyson in a hurry this am and the more I think about the more uncomfortable I am about it.

I can't really pre-judge anyone else's write ups just because of a name.

So if anyone wants Mike let me know :pac:

Ive forgiven him for pushing his mother down the stairs..... very unfortunate. That was him right.....

4 Posts Max
    For me, it would depend on how you use the character.

If in your story, you're presenting Benoit as an angelic babyface....that might not sit well. But I'm willing to see the context of your stories before i make judgements.

6 Posts Max
    For me, it would depend on how you use the character.

If in your story, you're presenting Benoit as an angelic babyface....that might not sit well. But I'm willing to see the context of your stories before i make judgements.

I wont give much away, but it will take place in a reality that Benoit committed his crimes.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    I wont give much away, but it will take place in a reality that Benoit committed his crimes.

It is kinda tough to book as I do think he will have to lose for people reading it to accept it as being 'good booking' even though for anyone else you could be making a massive heel by having him win. I babyface going over him definitively on the grandest stage even the most anti-Benoit people would probably be okay with but you don't want to be painted into a corner with it either. Think I would have taken Benoit but at least a round later than his talent should dictate him going if I did.

tbh I feel similar to a lesser extent with Snuka, but he is usually presented as a real good guy face which makes booking him from my perspective a little odd. Had originally imagined him in a role as a McMahon henchman although obviously I never got Vinnie Mac.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    As expected the two celebs I considered drafting (Tyson and Rousey) are gone. Mayweather would have possibly been a third option :pac:
    Not essential to my plans though so hopefully my planned pick makes it too me now :)

5 Posts Max
    I now have a plan for Mayweather but if the right trade came along I could be persuaded to part with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Jaysus this back and forth about Benoit is a bit much. I personally think he is a great pick and wouldn't see a problem with him as a pick. It's only a game.

Might seem a bit naive to think so but I'd see it as Joe drafting a character. I will treat Benoit's really great career as an island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    I think once they were clearly visible at a live show for an eligible promotion they can be selected.

I think this "clearly visible" rule has never unearthed a whopper pick. Someone found through a piece of genius research. I'm sure there's an incredible pick that has forever been unpicked.

I know a few years ago there was a brilliant celeb pick that was sort of an aside audience member.

6 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    I think this "clearly visible" rule has never unearthed a whopper pick. Someone found through a piece of genius research. I'm sure there's an incredible pick that has forever been unpicked.

I know a few years ago there was a brilliant celeb pick that was sort of an aside audience member.

There was a pick I saw in the crowd only recently and I love them but Id have no idea how to pick him/them.

But If they are available by the my pick I may consider it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    If they appeared on wwe television they are fair game imo.

Just to be clear, if a celeb was at a ppv, mentioned and shown in the crowd does that count?

4 Posts Max
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, if a celeb was at a ppv, mentioned and shown in the crowd does that count?

I've drafted a celeb before who simply got pointed to in the crowd by Shane O Mac...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yes it does

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Ah here even hoping Hugh Jackman gets to me fails this year. Felt sure he would sneak through for what I had in mind. Time to research the F out of this mother... no idea what way to go again

O and Malenko is awesome, come very close to picking him more than once

Advertisement