Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    And for the record , i hate being the guy thay has to run rule over potential picks but i hope you all realise that I simply want to ensure the rules we outlined in the op are met. I want to reward research but not at the expense of the integrity of the rules.

I think one idea for next year is to make all wrestling promotions eligible from the start.

Tbf to you it’s all in the interest of fairness. You can’t let things slip or could become somewhat of a free for all. Great job so far Beak.

The picks are flowing nicely too. Can probably count on one hand picks being held up for more than a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Now to decide to go the celebrity route or not...... im tempted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max

I think one idea for next year is to make all wrestling promotions eligible from the start.

This is definitely something I want to suggest once this years draft is over. Earlier in the draft I couldn't believe Pro Wrestling NOAH wasn't an eligible promotion. And with indie and Japanese wrestling being more popular than ever I think its time to change the eligible promotions

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Ms Wrestling is a good pick to get, I actually thought she might have been gifted to Joe to join up with Johnny (DIY) in that round

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Well the reason you were 19th the current roind was due to your slightly better draws previously. Quit your belly aching

I wasn't belly aching :D I was commenting on how glad I am my main players are in place :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    This is definitely something I want to suggest once this years draft is over. Earlier in the draft I couldn't believe Pro Wrestling NOAH wasn't an eligible promotion. And with indie and Japanese wrestling being more popular than ever I think its time to change the eligible promotions

Most years the rules were only really tweaked and it has been running 11 years now so tbh the OP probably needs some altering for next year (it's been copied and pasted from previous years by most people running it). In recent years I added things like the IWGP belt and Joe the womens but back at the start I think a lot of the rules (like the pre 70s rule) was to stop people picking rosters the casual fans might not know, Thing is every year it's our regular posters taking part and they are knowledgable so I think we can now allow all sorts of picks (non celeb wise at least). TBH even the non regulars can still make a roster of guys they know while enjoying that a great thing about the draft is that you can learn a lot from it. I don't think I fully knew who Misawa/Kobashi were the first year I entered and yet they have spent more time in the BWA than any other draft promotion.

5 Posts Max
    I definitely think it needs an update. For me a big part of the draft should be picking guys/gals that others aren't familiar with like BH says about Kobashi/Misawa in his first year. Ringkampf was a team I knew I was going to draft all along and I'm sure a lot of people won't be familiar with them but maybe they will google them or look them up on YouTube and enjoy them.

6 Posts Max
    I had planned from round 12 to allow all promotions to be eligible like in previous years.

5 Posts Max
    Pick up and PM sent to Kolido.

Stuck with the planned pick, no celeb for mise this year. I think Giant Haystacks slightly suits my roster :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    Pick made, pm sent.

Chuck should be fun to write for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. Playa.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Was not expecting a pick so soon and had no list of options, so I was lazy and picked someone who wrestled this morning and I knew was not picked already.

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Was not expecting a pick so soon and had no list of options, so I was lazy and picked someone who wrestled this morning and I knew was not picked already.

A fine pick and hes a going to have a big year in Japan no doubt. Id love to have him yet I dont really have a place for him this year

5 Posts Max

He was my planned pick so I kinda need some time now to look where I wanna go now.

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. Picking up Ki & 'Cide at this point feels like a steal. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Pick made and PM sent. Picking up Ki & 'Cide at this point feels like a steal. Delighted

Nearly took Low Ki with a different (inferior) partner in R9 so to get that pair at this stage is cracking value.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Have pick planned; just getting clarity on something first. Should have it up shortly.

5 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Pick made and PM sent. Playa.

Buckle up!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Pick made. Can someone PM whoever's next please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    I'm online tis grand

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Ah grand was just gonna do it for ya daithi but no need :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent

6 Posts Max
    ROUND 12 ORDER BASED OFF THE WOMENS ROYAL RUMBLE

Number selected | Darftee | Wrestler under number | time spent
    1 | Necrominus | Sasha Banks | 54:46
    25 | Bounty Hunter | Asuka | 19:41
    17 | Furious Red | Carmella | 18:45
    27 | Paulie 21 | Nikki Bella | 16:30
    28 | Lord TSC | Brie Bella | 11:58
    15 | Beakerjoe | Ruby Riott | 11:32
    14 | Mr Guppa | Michelle McCool | 8:38
    20 | Shagnasti | Naomi | 6:49
    10 | Koliso | Sonya Deville | 6:41
    23 | Daithi | Ember Moon | 6:14
    30 |Uncle Walt | Trish | 5:36
    11| Spongey1975 | Liv Morgan | 5:12
    29 | Slickric | Bayley | 5:04
    19 | MNG | Kelly Kelly | 5:02
    6 | A Brad Maddox Guy | Kari Sane | 4:49
    8 | LeeJM | Dana Brooke |2:59
    13 | JP LIz | Lana | 2:54
    21 | Connemara Man | Jackie | 1:52
    7 | DM_7 | Tamina | 1:34
    16| Alfred Borden | Vickie Gurerro | 00:57

5 Posts Max
    I'm number 1 :P

Go hard or go home folks :pac:

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »

No one selected the next 2 highest Rumble hangers on.

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »

20 in this round, first in the next. Everything works out

5 Posts Max
    Was just thinking that actually. Now will have to have a think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    Pick made.
    Trade made.
    PM sent.

The Funks are back together.
    Manami Toyota and Aja Kong back in the BWA.

all is right with the world.

5 Posts Max
    How can BH give up one person for a tag team when he used up all the tag team allowance already?

Should it not be a team for a team?

Or is a trade not counted. That is query rather than complaint.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    How can BH give up one person for a tag team when he used up all the tag team allowance already?

Should it not be a team for a team?

Or is a trade not counted. That is query rather than complaint.

Hes allowed draft 5 tag teams however trades are fair game to add more. If he can work out a deal which he has, then hes allowed. The 5 tag team rule only restricts his picks. The tag pick does effect slicks picks as the tag team he drafted and then traded counts as 1 of his teams

Ive only drafted 2 teams thus far. Eeek

Advertisement