Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    It is a while since the last update so please let me know if I missed or messed up any picks!

Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid; The Big Show; Bam Bam Bigelow; Eric Bischoff; Magnum TA; Awesome Kong; Sgt Slaughter;

Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi; Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman; Hardcore Holly and Crash Holly; Dan Severn; Kari Sane; Rampage Jackson; Moolah;

JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries; Tyson Kidd and DH Smith; Fit Finlay; Sara Del Ray; Gail Kim; Petey Williams; Adam Sandler; Konnan and Billy Kidman;

Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt; The Revival (Dash and Dawson); War Machine; Booker T; The Iron Shiek; James Storm and Abyss; Nikolai Volkoff; Bob Barker, Rick Martel and Tito Santana;

DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair; Trish Stratus; Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb; Carlito and Primo; Ricardo Rodriguez; Mike Tyson; Switchblade Jay White;

Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch; Marty Scurll; Asuka; Stephanie McMahon; Harley Race and Marty Jannetty; Elias; Sasha Banks; Candice LeRea, Teddy Long;

Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa; The Usos; Jimmy Snuka & Jesse Ventura, Val Venis & The Godfather; Nick Bockwinkle and Dory Funk Jr; Nigel McGuinness; Naoimi; Adam West; El Santo;

beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio; Gargano and Ciampa; Paul Heyman; Andrade Cien Almas; Davey Richards and Roderick Strong; Muhammad Hassan; Eddie Edwards; Sly Stallone; Shayna Baszler;

Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett; Paul London and Brian Kendrick; Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley; Ember Moon; TJ Perkins; Stephen Amell;

Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain; Antonio Inoki; Big Cass & Enzo Amore; The Bludgeon Brothers (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper); Chyna; Hurricane Helms; Beth Phoenix; Giant Haystacks;

Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner; Rob Van Dam; Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody; William Regal and Lance Storm; Kerry Von Erich and David Von Erich; Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson - The Rock 'n' Roll Express; Marcus Bagwell; Ricochet; Kushida;

ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate; Goldust; John Bradshaw Layfield; Yokozuna; Zack Sabre Jr; Velveteen Dream and Lio Rush; Minoru Suzuki; Donald Trump; Drew Gulak and Oney Lorcan;

paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Bobby Roode; Rusev and Aidan English; Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas; Sheamus; Shane McMahon; Tazz and Spike Dudley; Ryback; Alexa Bliss; Hugh Jackman; The Honky Tonk Man;

connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita; Mark Henry and MVP; Damien Sandow (Trade Out: X-Pac); Tye Dillinger; Burt Reynolds; Aplollo Crews;

A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler; Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole; Jason Jordan and Chad Gable; Raven and Tommy Dreamer; Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono; AJ Lee; The Sandman; Farrooq; Mickie James;

daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson; Bully Ray (Dudley); Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dane; Diamond Dallas Page DDP; Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal; Nia Jax; Eric Young; Ronda Rousey; Peyton Royce and Billie Kay;

Kolido: Edge; Scott Hall (Trade for Sting); Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid; Beefcake and Valentine;
    John Laurinaitis & Shane Douglas; X-Pac (Trade out: Damien Sandow) & Titus O'Neil; Gangrel; Chuck Norris; David Otunga;

LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Sting (Trade for Scot Hall); Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan; Jushin Thunder Liger; WALTER & Axel Dieter Jr; Jordan Devlin; Miss Elizabeth; Floyd Mayweather, Low Ki and Homicide;

Alfred Borden: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude; Kane; Lex Luger; Jeff Jarrett; Demolition (Ax and Smash); The Midnight Express (Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton); Paige; Dean Malenko; Michelle McCool;

SlickRic: Mick Foley; CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk; Umaga; Jerry 'The King' Lawler; Bruno Sammartino; Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe; Mr Kennedy; Rosey; Charlie Sheen; Dorey Funk Jr (Trade in - Out Manami Toyota and Aja Kong),

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

5 Posts Max
    Sorry about the delay guys , I just started my training for my new job this week so im all over the place but ill have my pick up soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Picks up, PM sent. I felt like an addict getting a fix making those picks :pac:

What have you folks done to me... :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    This is a funny old game, the pick of Lou Thesz is immediately followed by Doink! surely they should not go at the same time. Great value in your Thesz pick Necro.

aka pick made, pm sent

5 Posts Max
    He wasn't even on my radar till I had the two picks together and decided to do a bit of research. Always surprises me how late Thesz goes compared to others. Probably before all of our time I guess but he has links to some of my roster, he's a big name and I have a plan for him.

Don't forget an A, B or C as well for a bonus pick BH :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    This is a funny old game, the pick of Lou Thesz is immediately followed by Doink! surely they should not go at the same time. Great value in your Thesz pick Necro.

aka pick made, pm sent

If you don't have an el Santo and Adam west Vs doink feud I'll be disappointed now

6 Posts Max
    If you don't have an el Santo and Adam west Vs doink feud I'll be disappointed now

I don't think you will be disappointing although im still trying to decide on Doinks actual ppv opponent or if it'll be opponents atm I actually think if I get a bonus or a dud here might affect the final card at the bottom end of it as I like to try to book every roster member on the card if possible. Speaking of which cheers Necro almost forgot to add my B pick, like yourself 2Bs...Bludgeon Brothers!

6 Posts Max
    Actually in the short amount of time since taking him, I'm now thinking about taking Doink full Pennywise, think when I gifted him to LTSC last year he stuck in my head as a potential Wyatt, Hardy, Goldust type character that can bring something different to a roster even if outside of the main event scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    FYI im unavailable until 5ish so ill add the bonus picks up late5. Job interview time for beakerjoe today

6 Posts Max
    Good luck man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Sorry about the delay guys , I just started my training for my new job this week so im all over the place but ill have my pick up soon
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    FYI im unavailable until 5ish so ill add the bonus picks up late5. Job interview time for beakerjoe today

Best of Luck to ye both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Good luck Beaker.

I hope you included your management of boards.ie’s yearly PW draft on your CV.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    Thrilled to nab Santino :D

Comedy AND MMA background

5 Posts Max
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thrilled to nab Santino :D

Comedy AND MMA background

Santino is a fun pick for sure :) I had him last year and probably didn't utilise him as much as I should have.

You forgot your bonus pick!

4 Posts Max
    How can Bellas be picked as a tag team, both have held title in WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How can Bellas be picked as a tag team, both have held title in WWE

Women's world title rule was abolished as of this round, so it's a legit pick.

4 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Women's world title rule was abolished as of this round, so it's a legit pick.

:o note to self wear specs and read everything

5 Posts Max
    Paulie you just made the list

6 Posts Max
    Happy to be able to not give Joe a dud, I drew up his list of 3 very quickly when I got home and saw he had already picked. Probably saved him a pick down the line too as Almas just seems so much more complete with Zelina by his side.

Very happy to have gotten D'Lo too but I doubt he will fit in with Godfather's (his link to my roster) planned story so if anyone is interested in him for a later pick I wouldn't be adverse to trading either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Gas, two people from my list gone as bonus picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    I'm struggling to find a spot for Faarooq if anyone wants to make an offer?

5 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote:
    Gas, two people from my list gone as bonus picks.

Shucks DM, I didn't know you were a Berzerker and Warlord fan! :pac:

5 Posts Max
    I'm struggling to find a spot for Faarooq if anyone wants to make an offer?

Pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    I like Al Snow as a bonus pick, hes a guy I have a plan for every year but never pull the trigger on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Out and about at the moment - cant remember who was on my list, so wont get to pick til later this eve! Sorry for delaying!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent to Walt.

Went looking at my list before my pick and realised then that Nikki Cross was top pick. Wanted another Tag Team, so hopefully can make Cryme Tyme work!

Now.. Watch as I become the first draftee to end up with a Dud!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid; The Big Show; Bam Bam Bigelow; Eric Bischoff; Magnum TA; Awesome Kong; Sgt Slaughter;
    1/10 Would not bang..
    Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi; Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman; Hardcore Holly and Crash Holly; Dan Severn; Kari Sane; Rampage Jackson; Moolah;

Phenomenally hard hitting roster and the MMA feel is a real trump card to separate the roster from all others. The New Day and Kari Sane bring some great babyface swagger to the proceedings which balances things very nicely in my opinion.
    JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries; Tyson Kidd and DH Smith; Fit Finlay; Sara Del Ray; Gail Kim; Petey Williams; Adam Sandler; Konnan and Billy Kidman;

Great mix of Indie classic era ROH talent and if this would've been a legitimate roster at any stage in WWE they would've taken substantial amounts of money off me.
    Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt; The Revival (Dash and Dawson); War Machine; Booker T; The Iron Shiek; James Storm and Abyss; Nikolai Volkoff; Bob Barker, Rick Martel and Tito Santana;

Outrageous mix of classic and current talent, must be in the top 3 rosters easily. Very curious to see how Spongey puts the matches and feuds together for this one. Rather envious of this one
    DM_7: The Rock; Jake The Snake Roberts; Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair; Trish Stratus; Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb; Carlito and Primo; Ricardo Rodriguez; Mike Tyson; Switchblade Jay White;

The Rock vs Jake is a mouth-watering Main Event, Trish and Charlotte isn't too fair behind that. And Tyson being a serious ace in the hole here. love the undercard and the fact you've gone for lesser known newer talent.
    Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch; Marty Scurll; Asuka; Stephanie McMahon; Harley Race and Marty Jannetty; Elias; Sasha Banks; Candice LeRea, Teddy Long;

Really interesting roster usually Id like to think I have a fair idea where people will go with their picks and eventual feuds but I've honestly no clue how this one will play out and that really excites me, obviously having the greatest draw in the history of wrestling will do absolutely no harm either.

Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa; The Usos; Jimmy Snuka & Jesse Ventura, Val Venis & The Godfather; Nick Bockwinkle and Dory Funk Jr; Nigel McGuinness; Naoimi; Adam West; El Santo;

Another year another classic BH roster, incredible as per usual. I love how you make picks that tie in with each other beautifully and this has to be one of the ones to beat this year no doubt about it.
    beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio; Gargano and Ciampa; Paul Heyman; Andrade Cien Almas; Davey Richards and Roderick Strong; Muhammad Hassan; Eddie Edwards; Sly Stallone; Shayna Baszler;

Another roster I'm incredibly jealous of, its pure workrate and one id graviate towards even before you post a show. any number of feuds id pay good money to see, but after NXT Takeover last week, Johnny Wrestling is a serious ace card to have and one all of us must be wishing we drafted.
    Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett; Paul London and Brian Kendrick; Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley; Ember Moon; TJ Perkins; Stephen Amell;

A very current and modern but incredible group assembled here and one that if booked correctly could easily see Furious Red at the upper echelons of the draft this year.
    Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain; Antonio Inoki; Big Cass & Enzo Amore; The Bludgeon Brothers (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper); Chyna; Hurricane Helms; Beth Phoenix; Giant Haystacks;

What can I say that hasn't been already said about the Big Hoss roster? Actually ..

rsGoi1P.gif

Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner; Rob Van Dam; Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody; William Regal and Lance Storm; Kerry Von Erich and David Von Erich; Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson - The Rock 'n' Roll Express; Marcus Bagwell; Ricochet; Kushida;

Wow, incredible roster, as per usual from MNG. An absolutely wonderful mix of talent from all eras, promotions and indeed continents and styles. The man to beat for sure again!
    ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate; Goldust; John Bradshaw Layfield; Yokozuna; Zack Sabre Jr; Velveteen Dream and Lio Rush; Minoru Suzuki; Donald Trump; Drew Gulak and Oney Lorcan;

I have a sneaking suspicion this is the dark horse roster, you have assembled some serious characters here, and Vince and Trump on the same roster is absolute gold, can't wait to see this one play out.
    paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Bobby Roode; Rusev and Aidan English; Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas; Sheamus; Shane McMahon; Tazz and Spike Dudley; Ryback; Alexa Bliss; Hugh Jackman; The Honky Tonk Man;

Another one here with limitless feud potential and one which Im very curious to see what the main feuds and rivalries are, I'm not even gonna hazard a guess because I have a feeling I'll be completely wrong!
    connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita; Mark Henry and MVP; Damien Sandow (Trade Out: X-Pac); Tye Dillinger; Burt Reynolds; Aplollo Crews;

Kevin Owens and Vader on the same roster? Shut up and take my money.. also the potential womens feud is pure solid gold, can't wait to read these shows.
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler; Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole; Jason Jordan and Chad Gable; Raven and Tommy Dreamer; Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono; AJ Lee; The Sandman; Farrooq; Mickie James;

Amazing mix of talent from all eras and promotions here, absolutely exceptional, the mix of sports entertainment and pure workrate is mouthwatering and if booked correctly could easily be a potential winner right here.
    daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson; Bully Ray (Dudley); Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dane; Diamond Dallas Page DDP; Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal; Nia Jax; Eric Young; Ronda Rousey; Peyton Royce and Billie Kay;

Some current top tier WWE talent mixed with with some serious up and comers, people WWE didn't use properly and legit legends, and the chance to book Ronda correctly before WWE ultimately fu$k it up! Im curious to see who'll be the leader of the Bullet Club!
    Kolido: Edge; Scott Hall (Trade for Sting); Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid; Beefcake and Valentine;
    John Laurinaitis & Shane Douglas; X-Pac (Trade out: Damien Sandow) & Titus O'Neil; Gangrel; Chuck Norris; David Otunga;

E+C, The Outsiders/NWO and Outlaws/DX.. What the actual f@ck, That tag division absolutely outrageous and pure solid gold (I'm beyond envious.) can't wait to see how this roster plays out and what your shows look like because thats a serious group of talent you have on your hands.
    LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Sting (Trade for Scot Hall); Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan; Jushin Thunder Liger; WALTER & Axel Dieter Jr; Jordan Devlin; Miss Elizabeth; Floyd Mayweather, Low Ki and Homicide;

One of the biggest draws in the history of combat sports mixed with some of the most recognisable names in the history of Pro Wresting, as well as some of Japans greatest ever workers.. Incredible
    Alfred Borden: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude; Kane; Lex Luger; Jeff Jarrett; Demolition (Ax and Smash); The Midnight Express (Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton); Paige; Dean Malenko; Michelle McCool;

Another roster I'm extremely jealous of, a who's who of the who's who of Professional Wrestling.. can't wait to see how you book this..
    SlickRic: Mick Foley; CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk; Umaga; Jerry 'The King' Lawler; Bruno Sammartino; Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe; Mr Kennedy; Rosey; Charlie Sheen; Dorey Funk Jr (Trade in - Out Manami Toyota and Aja Kong),

Some incredible picking down by SlickRic another very balanced roster with lots of eras, promotions and styles here and any one of those first 6 names could be the main event.

Advertisement