Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Bleurgh. I have no idea how to utilise my bonus pick. I'll probably be cornholing him into some form of backstage segment rather than properly featuring him I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    NWO Sting isn't the biggest name I could have taken but he fits for storyline purposes so happy to get him now. Still struggling with ideas for one or two guys but I'm sure I'll get there eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    It's funny how the bonus picks alter your thinking. My initial reaction to getting Sasha earlier, then Al Snow this round was "Ah FFS, what am I supposed to do with them."

But now I've a story planned for Sasha that I'm very happy with, and depending on my next pick I'll be completely changing one of my main feuds (for the better) to work Al Snow in.

So it looks like 2 picks I would never have made will turn out to add nice depth and variety to my roster.

5 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    It's funny how the bonus picks alter your thinking. My initial reaction to getting Sasha earlier, then Al Snow this round was "Ah FFS, what am I supposed to do with them."

But now I've a story planned for Sasha that I'm very happy with, and depending on my next pick I'll be completely changing one of my main feuds (for the better) to work Al Snow in.

So it looks like 2 picks I would never have made will turn out to add nice depth and variety to my roster.

Yeah, Beth Phoenix kinda solved one of my roster issues. The Berzerker on the other hand... still not a clue how to use him. It's not so much the pick, it's that I'm 90 per cent locked in on my feuds and I can't find a natural opening for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    I have my top 2 fueds sorta planned in my head, but have no idea how to work Boogeyman into anything!! He was on my list last yr alright!

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    daithi1989 wrote: »
    I have my top 2 fueds sorta planned in my head, but have no idea how to work Boogeyman into anything!! He was on my list last yr alright!

Cross promotional match - Berserker VS Boogeyman - NCW VS DPW :pac::pac::pac:

That's a draft winning formula anyways :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Anyone have ballpark figure on their amount of PPV matches. I generally got quite low four to five matches with managers being picked, three ways etc.

This year if I stick to plan I may have as much as seven feuds and matchups.

How many picks do we have left?

5 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Anyone have ballpark figure on their amount of PPV matches. I generally got quite low four to five matches with managers being picked, three ways etc.

3 left I think. I have 7 matches planned for my PPV which is about normal I think. BH one year had 9 I think! :eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »

I currently have 8 planned but don't worry that does not mean you have too little just i'll try to put everyone on the roster in a match, that said like others im now struggling to change plans to find a spot for D-Lo usually I'd look to trade but I don't think i'd fair any better putting Beserker or Boogeyman into my current plans.

5 Posts Max
    Ah I have something in mind for The Beserker... might not be match, but he'll be featured on the PPV card.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Ah I have something in mind for The Beserker... might not be match, but he'll be featured on the PPV card.

instead of the national anthem he opens the show singing this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    I have five matches down. Probably add one more with my last picks.

5 Posts Max
    Yep, something like that :pac:

Have many started writing yet? I've pretty much everything roughly written out. But can't do anything as I need the next three picks to fill it out. Back ups etc I have obviously but the rough plan is there now up to and including the PPV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Posts Max
    Not put pen to paper but I know what the overarching story is, and know the basic gist of most of the matches. Waiting till I get everyone to start actually writing though.

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Yep, something like that :pac:

Have many started writing yet? I've pretty much everything roughly written out. But can't do anything as I need the next three picks to fill it out. Back ups etc I have obviously but the rough plan is there now up to and including the PPV.

I've planned out each segment on my opening show but not written it or anything else. I don't think I will be the only one using the opening
    1 post that will be your company statement

to do a little bit more than list be a list of whose in the company and what belts I have. Gonna have to start a few feuds there if I maybe only have 2 other shows (as the PPV may be a 2 post show so 4 in total) to work with after that.

5 Posts Max
    Yeah my company statement is basically just a year in review highlighting the big moments and the major players on the current roster. Have one show then and a two part PPV to take me to the 4 posts. Again all roughly planned, just need the final pieces.

5 Posts Max
    That’s a brilliant stip beak.

It’s almost as great as the Edge & Christian podcast lately. Such an easy listen. Edge brings a lot to the table but Christian really is the MVP. The same could be said for their careers. He had a good run in terms of a singles star but Christian certainly deserved at least a three year run with the WWE title. He had/has it all. Pipers pit is always shown as the gold standard in talk-show segments but we all know the true box office smash is The Peep Show.

When you think about it, how stupid was Stephanie to go for Hunter when Christian was on the roster at the same time. The McMahon-Cage era would have p*ssed all over the yawn worthy McMahon-Hemsley era. Fast forward 15 odds years and NXT most definitely wouldn’t be the joke of a fed that it is today. Captain Charisma WWE COO? Shut up and take my f’n money..........

*shakes head* I digress. Does anyone know who’s up first in this round? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Ha I suspected their may be some Liz appreciation in this thread

5 Posts Max
    I might be in the market (trade-wise) for some wrestlecrap for a potential angle. Gonna see how the rest of this round plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    Broken Matt will be delighted to be reunited with Queen Rebecca. Not sure Alan Partridge will be too thrilled however due to her stance on owls.

reby-sky-238155.png

C5SpkdhXAAQucaU.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Sorry for the delay will have my pick up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay will have my pick up soon

Kong was picked by Walt already Liz.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Kong was picked by Walt already Liz.

Crap.. there goes me being picked by Liz in the next round :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    just waiting on a clarification, I'll have my pick up then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Can anyone PM next person? EDIT: nevermind got it sent.

I am struggling to not pick wrestlers I had before. Went with number 4 on my list as the first three were on my roster before.

5 Posts Max
    Sorry Joe I meant C :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Sorry Joe I meant C :pac:

Ah you dont like Wahoo..... ?

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah you dont like Wahoo..... ?

He can go into the hall of fame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    Does anybody want Terry Taylor because I really don't. I will take anyone in his place

Advertisement