Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and pm sent to connemara man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Pick made Pm sent, through the scientific method of eenie meenie miney moe Mr nice guy is up

I'll update this this time

Picked so far in this round:

JPLiz
    DM_7
    Uncle Walt
    beakerjoe
    ShagNastii
    Mr. Guappa
    daithi1989
    Necrominus
    Bounty Hunter
    Spongey1975
    SlickRic
    Lord TSC
    paulie21
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    LeeJM
    Kolido
    connemara man

Up next:

Mr. Nice Guy

Left to be selected:

Furious-Red
    Alfred Borden

I THINK that's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »

2. Mr Mice Guy

Definitely changing my username to that :pac: Been in the market for one ever since we saw certain pictures...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    Me watching all these names picked ahead of me...

giphy.gif

I didn't get a PM to pick. Perhaps it went to a similarly named user (or Mr. Mice Guy ;)) but I will have it up soon.

Before I pick can I ask is the fifteenth round going to limit us in some way, as there's a name I feel I have to pick for storyline reasons and I'd hate to discover in the final round that I'm not eligible to go for it for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max

giphy.gif

I didn't get a PM to pick. Perhaps it went to a similarly named user (or Mr. Mice Guy ;)) but I will have it up soon.

Before I pick can I ask is the fifteenth round going to limit us in some way, as there's a name I feel I have to pick for storyline reasons and I'd hate to discover in the final round that I'm not eligible to go for it for some reason.

Crap sorry!!!!

Just realized it went to the Mr Nice Guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max

giphy.gif

No restrictions on round 15, Im not that cruel.....

6 Posts Max
    Crap sorry!!!!

Just realized it went to the Mr Nice Guy

I never noticed the dot in Mr.Nice Guy before.

I have pmed you many time sovver the years and never got a reply, this explains it. I have typed Mr Nice Guy in manually many times. Doh

4 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. I kept searching through the thread to make sure he really hadn't gone. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

I've selected Furious-Red to go next.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. I kept searching through the thread to make sure he really hadn't gone. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

I've selected Furious-Red to go next.

To be honest I was going to pick him this last round.. couldn't believe he lasted so long

6 Posts Max
    Its not always about the name value. I love Windham but others fit better into my story character wise despite being less successful in the ring.

A great talent at this late stage, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    Windham just didn't suit me. A great pickup for anyone who has a position for him in their plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Seems like we booted through picks this year or am I talking through my backside?

Ya can probably count on one hand the amount of 12hr+ waits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Seems like we booted through picks this year or am I talking through my backside?

Last pick last year was 12th February so probably on same pace this year

6 Posts Max
    paulie21 wrote: »
    Last pick last year was 12th February so probably on same pace this year

We started a week late too this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max

No one missed a pick deadline yet either I believe

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

5 Posts Max
    Pick and PM sent

4 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. The end of the picks phase is not too far away.

5 Posts Max
    I have my promo intro post almost complete, is it best to wait until after draft is completed to post it or can it be edited later?

6 Posts Max
    Kolido wrote: »
    I have my promo intro post almost complete, is it best to wait until after draft is completed to post it or can it be edited later?

Well you really shouldnt edit your work if you can, like if we read it once we might not re read it after changes are made.

But you can post it when your good and ready, most usually post it after picks are complete but some do post early too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Pick and PM sent

You get Little Jimmy as a bonus unless someone else picks him :P

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well you really shouldnt edit your work if you can, like if we read it once we might not re read it after changes are made.

But you can post it when your good and ready, most usually post it after picks are complete but some do post early too.

Okay, will probably wait then. Should have my first tv show completed by the end of the draft can post both then.

6 Posts Max
    Kolido wrote: »
    Okay, will probably wait then. Should have my first tv show completed by the end of the draft can post both then.

I look forward to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    As someone who has always posted at least a show before the pick phase ends, it is KILLING me not to do so this year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    As someone who has always posted at least a show before the pick phase ends, it is KILLING me not to do so this year!

Yeah think I'd usually have a show up already but that was before the 4 post limit and tbh my 1st show or two would not usually contain as many storyline strands as ill be jamming into my 1st or 2nd show this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent. The end of the picks phase is not too far away.

Emmmm Mr. Beaker sir. Don’t want to ruin any surprised but what are the chances of a 16th round? Just trying to line up much needed chickens.

4 Posts Max
    This might have been asked already, I can't remember...

Most years my PPV is broken into a part one and part two. I'm wondering this year will such a situation be treated as one post or two posts?

6 Posts Max
    Emmmm Mr. Beaker sir. Don’t want to ruin any surprised but what are the chances of a 16th round? Just trying to line up much needed chickens.

Slim and none. No 16th round.

Round 15 will have a stip and it will be based on the round order average again, so dont line up too many chickens either

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max

Most years my PPV is broken into a part one and part two. I'm wondering this year will such a situation be treated as one post or two posts?

Joes original outline was 3 shows - a scene setter show, a stories show and a PPV show. He said your PPV could be split into 2 posts making it a max 4posts.

After the vote it was decided it was agreed on that we would go with that suggested max of 4 posts. I may have missed something though

6 Posts Max

My understanding of how we agreed was that we have 4 posts maximium to use how we see fit.

If you want to use 2 for your PPV, that will leave you 2 to use in the build up whther be tv shows or preview posts. You dont have to use the 4 posts, but you can not go beyond 4.

As a man who usually posts 6 posts before his PPV I am finding it hard but at teh same time Im enjoying the challenge.

My current paln is to have a year in review type post to cover the ground of what happnened in BCW since last year, a post to cover the feuds and how they came about, and 2 PPV posts to cover the big show itself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    Yeah I have a review post, one show and a two part PPV planned. (Not written, that would be insane :o )

Advertisement