Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    My understanding of how we agreed was that we have 4 posts maximium to use how we see fit.

If you want to use 2 for your PPV, that will leave you 2 to use in the build up whther be tv shows or preview posts. You dont have to use the 4 posts, but you can not go beyond 4.

As a man who usually posts 6 posts before his PPV I am finding it hard but at teh same time Im enjoying the challenge.

My current paln is to have a year in review type post to cover the ground of what happnened in BCW since last year, a post to cover the feuds and how they came about, and 2 PPV posts to cover the big show itself.

If anyone has any issues with this then speak now or forever hold his or her peace

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah I have a review post, one show and a two part PPV planned. (Not written, that would be insane :o )

Oh ITS INSANE..... but not beyond your mindset either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    My understanding of how we agreed was that we have 4 posts maximium to use how we see fit.

If you want to use 2 for your PPV, that will leave you 2 to use in the build up whther be tv shows or preview posts. You dont have to use the 4 posts, but you can not go beyond 4.

As a man who usually posts 6 posts before his PPV I am finding it hard but at teh same time Im enjoying the challenge.

My current paln is to have a year in review type post to cover the ground of what happnened in BCW since last year, a post to cover the feuds and how they came about, and 2 PPV posts to cover the big show itself.

That's grand, that's what I was thinking. I just didn't want to find out later I could have had an extra show at my disposal.

Think I'll deffo go for 2 shows for the PPV. Still working out what to do with the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

5 Posts Max
    Something I always wondered about. If someone doesn’t get drafted can they be used or are they gone from the game altogether?

6 Posts Max
    paulie21 wrote: »
    Something I always wondered about. If someone doesn’t get drafted can they be used or are they gone from the game altogether?

No they cant be used.

A blind eye is generally turned to commentators being used once they are not drafted once they arent used in angles. But thats it.

If you dont draft them, ya cant use them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    I've used undrafted backstage announcers names instead of just saying unnamed announcer asks a wrestler a question but they are people nobody would have ever drafted anyway. Maybe Joe will give some sort of bonus pick type 15th round but i'd plan to go with what you have for any angles, storylines, matches etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    The Rock could be available for trade....

Jake The Snake is available.

Before ye go writing too much :pac:

Edit: Jake no longer available for trade.

Once I got offers for Rock I realised he was not really someone I could manage a trade for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Your such a Rock tease DM :pac:

Thanks to the person who drafted Rikishi too, given all his relatives on my roster and it being rd14 it was tempting me to pick him but i'd not have a place on the card for him.

6 Posts Max
    I wont be posting my first post until my second post is compelte, i keep changing my mind and going in different directions with how feuds develop and how guys are introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    I definitely won't be posting anything until the picks are done & I have everything finished in my head. Yesterday's trade took me by surprise, I never expected to trade American Alpha and the move completely changed both my card (for the better I hope) & intentions for Round 15. Quite possible that someone on my roster will have an entirely different spot now too & it would have been near impossible to re-write it had my first post already gone up.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    I definitely won't be posting anything until the picks are done & I have everything finished in my head. Yesterday's trade took me by surprise, I never expected to trade American Alpha and the move completely changed both my card (for the better I hope) & intentions for Round 15. Quite possible that someone on my roster will have an entirely different spot now too & it would have been near impossible to re-write it had my first post already gone up.

Anyone available for trade with your roster shake up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    Anyone available for trade with your roster shake up?

I would say no but had you asked me this yesterday I also would have said no then. So the more accurate answer is it's very unlikely :pac: Pretty much everybody currently has a PPV spot

6 Posts Max
    The round average brings some interesting information.

The highest was 11.85 - Which is Alfred Borden, who had two consequtive 20th round picks. He shall go first in round 15. Afrred also had number 19 three times. Though he did get number 1 twice.

The lowest was 9.2 - Which is Spongey, he never had a round draw below 17, and only had 2 draws below 12 all game. Though he never had a number 1 pick until round 14. He shall go last in round 15.

Bounty Hunter had thre number 2 draws, he also had the number 7 twice, but also the number 15 three times

Those whom never got number 1 are as follows : Connemara Man, beakerjoe, Bounty Hunter, Lord TSC, dm_7, LeeJM, Paulie21, Bradmaddoxguy and F-red, though Necro and Shag got number 1 twice in the game. Lucky ducks

those whom avoided number 20 are beakerjoe, Mr Nice Guy, Shagnasti, Lord TSC, Spongey, DM-7, bradmaddoxguy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

5 Posts Max
    The round average brings some interesting information.

The highest was 11.85 - Which is Alfred Borden, who had two consequtive 20th round picks. He shall go first in round 15. Afrred also had number 19 three times. Though he did get number 1 twice.

The lowest was 9.2 - Which is Spongey, he never had a round draw below 17, and only had 2 draws below 12 all game. Though he never had a number 1 pick until round 14. He shall go last in round 15.

Bounty Hunter had thre number 2 draws, he also had the number 7 twice, but also the number 15 three times

Those whom never got number 1 are as follows : Connemara Man, beakerjoe, Bounty Hunter, Lord TSC, dm_7, LeeJM, Paulie21, Bradmaddoxguy and F-red, though Necro and Shag got number 1 twice in the game. Lucky ducks

those whom avoided number 20 are beakerjoe, Mr Nice Guy, Shagnasti, Lord TSC, Spongey, DM-7, bradmaddoxguy

Slow day in work Joe :pac:

I'll have my pick up soon just waiting on a possible trade before I make a selection

6 Posts Max
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Slow day in work Joe :pac:

I'll have my pick up soon just waiting on a possible trade before I make a selection

Just had some matchs to do for the round 15 order.

Heres the round order the final round based off off the average round orders.

1 Alfred Borden (11.85)
    2. Furious Red (11.78)
    3. Kolido (11.07)
    4. ABradMaddoxGuy (10.928)
    5. paulie21 (10.78)
    6. Slickric (10.71)
    7. Connemara Man (10.71)
    8. Mr Nice Guy (10.71)
    9. Lord TSC (10.6)
    10. JP Liz (10.571)
    11. Necrominus (10.571)
    12. Bounty Hunter (10.571)
    13. Lee JM (10.28)
    14. Shagnasti (10.21)
    15. Beakerjoe (10.14)
    16. Mr Guppa (10.0)
    17. DM_7 (10.0)
    18. Dathi1989 (9.92)
    19. Uncle Walt (9.85)
    20. Spongey1975 (9.2)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote:

Hey one of those number 1s was down to my superb number picking skills for the RR :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

6 Posts Max
    Thanks for the trade DM.

As my roster developed, Foley became less central to my plans. Jake is almost my all time favourite wrestler, who'd have natural chemistry with the likes of Punk. It made sense.

I think it was a very fair swap, especially given both our rosters.

5 Posts Max
    Thanks Slick.

For me I was happy to see Jake go to someone who knows his work better.

In the end Foley provides a good link for me, from Rock to the more current talent with his work everywhere from ROH to TNA to even an OTT show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    I'm busy this evening so it'll be tomorrow morning by the time my pick is up

5 Posts Max
    Happy to get Tajiri in and that finishes off all my feuds so I have no idea what to do with my last pick.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    Happy to get Tajiri in and that finishes off all my feuds so I have no idea what to do with my last pick.

Pick someone for me and Ill trade you Chuck Palumbo........... you can pair him up with Terry Taylor and call them the Undraftables.

5 Posts Max
    Pick someone for me and Ill trade you Chuck Palumbo........... you can pair him up with Terry Taylor and call them the Undraftables.

I'd rather have Chuck than Taylor

6 Posts Max
    I'd rather have Chuck than Taylor

Why the Terry hate?

5 Posts Max
    Carlito and Primo are not currently on my PPV as a tag team, I am short a tag team if anyone wanted them.

5 Posts Max
    Why the Terry hate?

Just never been a fan

5 Posts Max
    Preview show dropped. I'm too impatient to wait :D

5 Posts Max
    Great show preview Necro. Really set the table for your new hoss based NCW very well

5 Posts Max

Also I hope
    beaker isn't annoyed with me writing Hassan off.
    I forgot to ask in my exictement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Preview show dropped. I'm too impatient to wait :D

Fans of catch-as-catch-can wrestling are going to be disappointed by this Fed I feel! A very high standard to the write-ups straight out of the gate. If you wind up with cocky, flamboyant heel Batista (the best version) getting smashed by Braun and/or Warrior I'll be happy. Great table-setting first post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

5 Posts Max
    Pick made Pm sent

Advertisement