Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft XI - Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

5 Posts Max
    Uncle Walt: HBK Shawn Michaels; Brian Pillman; Legion of Doom; Hayes and Gordy The Fabulous Freebirds; Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard; The Dynamite Kid; The Big Show; Bam Bam Bigelow; Eric Bischoff; Magnum TA; Awesome Kong; Sgt Slaughter; Bob Backlund; Garrett Bischoff; Tessa Blanchard; Colt Cabana and Grado;

Lord TSC: Brock Lesnar; Big E and Xavier Woods; Shinsuke Nakamua; Dean Ambrose; Bobby Lashley; Kofi; Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman; Hardcore Holly and Crash Holly; Dan Severn; Kari Sane; Rampage Jackson; Moolah; Santino and Kozlov; Dan Lambert; Meng; Joey Ryan; James Ellsworth; Gillberg;

JP Liz V1: Daniel Bryan; Christopher Daniels and Kazarian; Ethan Carter III aka Derrick Bateman; John Morrison and Joey Mercury; Austin Aries; Tyson Kidd and DH Smith; Fit Finlay; Sara Del Ray; Gail Kim; Petey Williams; Adam Sandler; Konnan and Billy Kidman;
    Taylor Wilde & Hamada; Gentleman Jack Gallagher; Kensuke Sasaki; Teddy Hart; Ivory; Buddy Murphy;

Spongey1975: The Undertaker; Ricky The Dragon Steamboat; Ted Di Biase and Irwin R Schyster; Bray Wyatt; The Revival (Dash and Dawson); War Machine; Booker T; The Iron Shiek; James Storm and Abyss; Nikolai Volkoff; Bob Barker, Rick Martel and Tito Santana; Sunny; Ethan Page; Brodus Clay; Paul Bearer;

DM_7: The Rock; Mick Foley (Trade in for Jake The Snake Roberts); Tetsuya Naito; Alberto Del Rio; Corey Graves and King Neville; Charlotte Flair; Trish Stratus; Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb; Carlito and Primo; Ricardo Rodriguez; Mike Tyson; Switchblade Jay White; Toni Storm; Wolgang (Trade in for Wahoo McDaniel); Pentagon Jr and Fenix; Natalya Neidhart and Carmella;

Mr. Guappa: Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Young Bucks; Cesaro and Chris Hero; Becky Lynch; Marty Scurll; Asuka; Stephanie McMahon; Harley Race and Marty Jannetty; Elias; Sasha Banks; Candice LeRea, Teddy Long; Tomihiro Ishii; Al Snow; Sabu; Cedric Alexander and Mustafa Ali;

Bounty Hunter: Roman Reigns; Dusty Rhodes; Kazuchika Okada; Kenta Kobashi and Mitsuharu Misawa; The Usos; Jimmy Snuka & Jesse Ventura, Val Venis & The Godfather; Nick Bockwinkle and Dory Funk Jr; Nigel McGuinness; Naoimi; Adam West; El Santo; Doink; D-Lo Brown; Tamina Snuka; Robert Swensen/Bane; Copy and Paste I mean George Hackenschmidt; Lenny Montana

beakerjoe: Bret Hitman Hart; Samoa Joe; Chris Benoit; Rey Mysterio; Gargano and Ciampa; Paul Heyman; Andrade Cien Almas; Davey Richards and Roderick Strong; Muhammad Hassan; Eddie Edwards; Sly Stallone; Shayna Baszler; Nikki Cross; Zelina Vega; Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo; Eva Marie; Rhyno and Baron Corbin; David Benoit;

Furious-Red: Seth Rollins; Jeff Hardy; Sami Zayn; Aleister Black; Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett; Paul London and Brian Kendrick; Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley; Ember Moon; TJ Perkins; Stephen Amell; Rosemary; Matt Sydal; The Genius Lanny Poffo; R-Truth; Justin Gabriel; Rockstar Spud; Magnus

Necrominus: Batista; Ultimate Warrior; Braun Strowman; Authors of Pain; Antonio Inoki; Big Cass & Enzo Amore; The Bludgeon Brothers (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper); Chyna; Hurricane Helms; Beth Phoenix; Giant Haystacks; Jax Dane and Crimson; Lou Thesz; The Bezerker; The Alpha Male Monty Brown; Jim Ross; Paul Ellering; Big Daddy;

Mr.Nice Guy: Chris Jericho; Broken Matt Hardy; Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi; Scott Steiner; Rob Van Dam; Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody; William Regal and Lance Storm; Kerry Von Erich and David Von Erich; Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson - The Rock 'n' Roll Express; Marcus Bagwell; Ricochet; Kushida; Stacey Kiebler; Reby Sky/Hardy; Barry Windham; Kevin Von Erich; Rick Steiner; Senor Benjamin;

ShagNastii: Triple H; Vincent Kennedy McMahon; Pete Dunne and Trent Seven; Tyler Bate; Goldust; John Bradshaw Layfield; Yokozuna; Zack Sabre Jr; Velveteen Dream and Lio Rush; Minoru Suzuki; Donald Trump; Drew Gulak and Oney Lorcan; Jack Swagger; Wahoo McDaniel (Trade in for Wolfgang); Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff; Zeb Colter; Shawn and Ariya Daivari, Marlena;

paulie21: Kurt Angle; Goldberg; Jason Jordan and Chad Gable (Trade in for Bobby Roode); Rusev and Aidan English; Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas; Sheamus; Shane McMahon; Tazz and Spike Dudley; Ryback; Alexa Bliss; Hugh Jackman; The Honky Tonk Man; The Bella Twins; The Warlord; Victoria (Trade in for Tajiri); Molly Holly; Tyler Breeze ans Fandango; Jacqueline;

connemara man: John Cena; The Miz; Kevin Owens; Vader; Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel (Miztourage); Bayley; Lita; Mark Henry and MVP; Damien Sandow (Trade Out: X-Pac); Tye Dillinger; Burt Reynolds; Aplollo Crews; Alex Riley and Mason Ryan; Akira Tozawa; Dragon Kid; Earthquake and Typhoon; Maryse; Emma and Dana Brooke;

A Brad Maddox Guy: Hulk Hogan; Eddie Guerrero; Andre The Giant; Dolph Ziggler; Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole; Bobby Roode (Trade in foe Jason Jordan and Chad Gable); Raven and Tommy Dreamer; Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono; AJ Lee; The Sandman; Farrooq; Mickie James; Steve Williams; The Mountie; Bobby Fish; Hiroyoshi Tenzan; Lo Shirai and Mayu Iwatani; Kalisto;

daithi1989: Randy Orton; AJ Styles; Finn Balor; Gallows and Anderson; Bully Ray (Dudley); Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dane; Diamond Dallas Page DDP; Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal; Nia Jax; Eric Young; Ronda Rousey; Peyton Royce and Billie Kay; JTG and Shad Cryme Tyme; The Boogyman; Kenny Dykstra; No Way Jose;

Kolido: Edge; Scott Hall (Trade for Sting); Kevin Nash; Billy Gunn and Road Dogg - New Age Outlaws; Christian; Sycho Sid; Beefcake and Valentine;
    John Laurinaitis & Shane Douglas; X-Pac (Trade out: Damien Sandow) & Titus O'Neil; Gangrel; Chuck Norris; David Otunga; Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres; Darren Young; Heath Slater; Wendi Richter; Tatanka; Ahmed Johnson;

LeeJM: Macho Man Randy Savage; Sting (Trade for Scot Hall); Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig; Shibata and Goto; Will Ospreay; Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA; Bobby "The Brain" Heenan; Jushin Thunder Liger; WALTER & Axel Dieter Jr; Jordan Devlin; Miss Elizabeth; Floyd Mayweather, Low Ki and Homicide; Jeff Farmer/NWO Sting; Terry Taylor; Steve Corino; Shawn Hernandez; Carlito and Primo (Trade for Rush and Tajiri, Victoria was traded for Tajiri previously)

Alfred Borden: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper; Ric Flair; Owen Hart and British Bulldog; Ravishing Rick Rude; Kane; Lex Luger; Jeff Jarrett; Demolition (Ax and Smash); The Midnight Express (Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton); Paige; Dean Malenko; Michelle McCool; Test and Albert; Layla; Big Boss Man; Rikishi and Scotty Too Hotty; Melina and Vince Russo;

SlickRic: Jake the Snake Roberts (Trade in fir Mick Foley); CM Punk; Hiroshi Tanahashi; Terry Funk; Umaga; Jerry 'The King' Lawler; Bruno Sammartino; Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe; Mr Kennedy; Rosey; Charlie Sheen; Dorey Funk Jr (Trade in - Out Manami Toyota and Aja Kong), The Sheepherders; Essa Rios; Gene and Ole Anderson; Taka and Funaki; The Nasty Boys; Ultimo Dragon;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 Posts Max
    Major thanks DM_7 for the roster update lists

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6 Posts Max
    Yeah as always cheers for the update dm if nobody has before I'm back from my travels I'll copy and paste it into the op of the other thread.

So seeing as nobody commented on it, anyone surprised an actor from The Godfather was an eligible wrestler to be drafted? Feel like I should have known given the amount of times I watched those movies and have taken part but not once over the years did I consider real life Colombo family enforcer Lenny "Luca Brasi" Montana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

6 Posts Max
    Picks made, I searched through the picks to see if they were taken, surprised they werent on the list.

Baron was not in my plans, but fits better than who I was gonna draft. Rhyno is a nice bonus.

David Benoit fits my story arch.

5 Posts Max
    Oh Joe what have you done!

Not sure if I am intrigued or scared for what is to come.

• Advertisement

6 Posts Max
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Oh Joe what have you done!

Not sure if I am intrigued or scared for what is to come.

In for a penny, in for a pound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

5 Posts Max
    It’s shocking Corbin hadn’t been picked yet. Would certainly class him as a mainstay in the current upper midcard. A very strong character and a great get for Joe.

....it’s also shocking that David Benoit has been drafted :O *looks on from behind fingers*

6 Posts Max
    Corbin is main eventing a PPV the weekend, while hes far far from my fav talent, hes not a bad talent avaialble to get in round 15.

His Bully like antics will go down well in what i have written for him.

Rhyno is a grand bonus who as a former partner of Benoit will work well with my storyline as will David. Drafting Chris Benoit is a risky move, but Im determind to do my best to present a story while avoiding bad taste and do the story right. David and Rhyno are going to be nice supporting characters.

He who dares, wins!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Corbin is main eventing a PPV the weekend, while hes far far from my fav talent, hes not a bad talent avaialble to get in round 15.

His Bully like antics will go down well in what i have written for him.

Rhyno is a grand bonus who as a former partner of Benoit will work well with my storyline as will David. Drafting Chris Benoit is a risky move, but Im determind to do my best to present a story while avoiding bad taste and do the story right. David and Rhyno are going to be nice supporting characters.

He who dares, wins!

Well, coming from someone who had the President of the United States beaten down and humiliated on live PPV last year by an Arab...

Let's just say I'm not easily shocked ;)

6 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Well, coming from someone who had the President of the United States beaten down and humiliated on live PPV last year by an Arab...

Let's just say I'm not easily shocked ;)

:)

Though the real Donald has that coming

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Quick review of c-man's opener:
    Burt Reynolds as GM is great. Never been drafted before IIRC, and the connections with Miz (who's persona is great, and you have ALL the supporting cast which I only realised right now) and Cena make total sense.

Vader on a last run with caveats would be all types of awesome.

John Cena VS Vader... WOW. That will be fun.

Miz at his heelish best makes me wonder where he slots in with the full Miztourage as well... also KO...

Some answers, lots more questions. Looking forward to what comes next!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Pick made and PM sent.

5 Posts Max
    It will be this evening/ tonight before I make my picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

5 Posts Max
    Give me 15-20 min and I'll have my 2 picks up!

6 Posts Max
    Dalton and Lethal, 2 great picks and were on my list for this round if others went.

5 Posts Max
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Dalton and Lethal, 2 great picks and were on my list for this round if others went.

They are on my list since the start so had to pick them.

5 Posts Max
    Pick and Trade up; DM sent on.

Happy to have gotta D-Von is the last round. Took a HUGE risk after getting Bubba to leave him til the end, but was hopefully he wouldn't be much good to someone on his own!

Happy to have complete the "Brothers" Dudley Trio, even if size wise, it was a very uneven trade!

Now.. to lay out a plan and get fingers to keys and produce the Road to Destiny Day2!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

5 Posts Max
    Just caught up on the latest shows. Some excellent material again.

connemara man:
    A Hollywood stable with heel Cena? Love it.

Necrominus:
    The dialogue you produced is fantastic. Feels like you've made great use of all your roster. I particularly liked the Thesz/Inoki stuff. Thesz' hatred felt so genuine and justified. Some volume of stuff there, took me 4 attempts to get through it. Its all good stuff.

I've my first show 90% there. Needs a bit of polish though, and I want to try play around with gimp so won't have it posted for another week I'd say.

5 Posts Max
    Part 1 of PPV up. Part 2 to follow sometime today or tomorrow. It's written, so might as well post it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

4 Posts Max
    Haha you're absolutely flying again Necro. I've got most of my feud summaries done, just trying to figure out a format for it as they're too disjointed to post atm. Is there a set deadline for it yet?

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Haha you're absolutely flying again Necro. I've got most of my feud summaries done, just trying to figure out a format for it as they're too disjointed to post atm. Is there a set deadline for it yet?

:D:D

To be honest it was all written since about round 10 or so, I was just waiting to draft the guys - being fairly confident my guys weren't getting picked by anyone else. When Beaker announced the double pick for the last round I honestly had no clue who else I could slot in so went with JR (Other commentators would have done tbh, but JR is an excellent bonus) and just edited the commentary rather than budge the storylines.

Once the plans were laid out fully in my head I was fairly rigid, and although I did have subs in case of one of them being drafted, I was almost certain I'd be able to get those I had written in.

Risky business but it worked out nicely :D

5 Posts Max
    Necrominus wrote: »
    Part 1 of PPV up. Part 2 to follow sometime today or tomorrow. It's written, so might as well post it :)

Jaysus, I only have one fued finalised (fairly obvious one!!) and everything else is still up the air! Must get the thinking hat on soon and getting writing!

6 Posts Max

April 1st....i shall post later with details

5 Posts Max
    And Part 2 up. Now I can focus on reading others' stuff when it's posted :)

Hope you enjoy folks!

Just wanna say thanks to Beaker for an as always splendid and smooth running of the draft, any queries I had were answered promptly. Thankless task making the rulings re: tag teams etc but without someone to oversee it all I could foresee it getting messy.

Anyways, as I said - looking forward to what others have in store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5 Posts Max
    Posted my first show, promo intro, will have a second post up later.

5 Posts Max
    Kolido Preview:
    Really like how you've set up the background for your shows. A face Brood VS Heel NWO will be a fun feud.

Really interested to see who is involved in the Heavyweight Championship match tbh, Sid is a spanner in the works for both factions that's for sure!

Love the graphics and the set up for all the rest of the titles too. Really sets the tone for the rest of the shows.

Great debut overall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    I think 6 weeks is far too long to drag this out. I thought we were aiming this year to try and capitalise on the momentum generated by the picks phase which is traditionally lost the longer the writing phase drags on?

4 weeks max should be ample time to get 4 shows done.

6 Posts Max
    I think 6 weeks is far too long to drag this out. I thought we were aiming this year to try and capitalise on the momentum generated by the picks phase which is traditionally lost the longer the writing phase drags on?

4 weeks max should be ample time to get 4 shows done.

I feel 1 show a week is plenty of time, but I dont want to put too much pressure on people.

With the reduced post amount, and with no deadline entensions, I felt 6 weeks was just about right. But as always I will go with the majority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4 Posts Max
    We should have pressure on people. That's what concentrates minds.

That's been the problem in recent years. People doss when the picks phase ends and put writing on the long finger which then leads to people asking for extensions which pretty much became tradition because it happened so routinely. And then when the deadline would be in sight, even with extensions, we'd still get a raft of late entries from people who had left it right to the wire.

I already get the sense that general engagement has lessened the last few rounds as most people have their rosters largely sorted. I feel like a six week timeframe will just see people tune out for a few weeks and then only engage with it when the deadline looms - and many may become so disengaged that they don't offer any write-up at all. We'll be repeating the same mistakes that have plagued the game for years.

• Advertisement

5 Posts Max
    Agree with MNG tbh. There's been a handful of comments in the past two weeks on the thread, if you take out my ramblings and the

'Pick up, PM sent' posts. A tighter deadline might focus people better. Obviously it makes no difference to me regardless :pac:

I reckon even 4 weeks is a bit long imo. But a post/show a week shouldn't be too much to ask, at the very least.

Advertisement